Building a Tiled Roof Hut (From Scratch)

Discussion in 'Permanent Shelters' started by ZipMedia, Jun 21, 2016.

0/5, 0 votes

1. ZipMedia

ZipMedia New Member
      3/23

Blog Posts:
    There was some talk about an "instructable" video section. I figured that this forum could always use some decent resources, so this form of shelter is very appealing especially when it comes to insulation.

2. chelsknits

chelsknits New Member
      8/23

Blog Posts:
    Wow, that axe is amazing! I never would have thought of making something like that out of a rock and a stick. Then to see it actually cut down a tree? Completely mindblowing. I've never seen anything like this video.

On a slightly joking note, could you imagine if people on Survivor watched videos like this? They could make some really awesome shelters. I mean, obviously the environment is different in that case but some of the things could apply.

3. joshposh

joshposh Expert Member
      230/345

Blog Posts:
    I watch his videos a lot. I really want to buy him a shovel. All that digging was done with a stick. But yeah, the tile roof was incredible. Do you know how long it will take to make that many tiles out in the wild? He was only doing a handful at a time. I would assume a months long work of tile curing.

4. lonewolf

lonewolf Moderator Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    what about shingles instead? I thought that was traditional in the USA.
    I think i'd prefer something like a "living" roof-could even grow some food on that.

5. Valerie

Valerie Active Member
      43/47

Blog Posts:
    Pretty awesome video. I should write down the instructions, because in the woods I wouldn't be able to watch the video. I too would like to know how long it would take to make a full rooftop. Seems quite laborious. Really informative though. Thank you for sharing.