Building Small Wilderness Survival Dwellings.

Discussion in 'Natural, Temporary, and Permanent Shelter' started by Sourdough, Feb 5, 2019.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Sourdough

Sourdough "eleutheromaniac"
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    I use the outhouse for pooping........I pee in a coffee can in the cabin, and when half full, step outside and heave the urine. The cabin is very small one room. I haul water for internal and external use.

randyt and TMT Tactical like this.
  2. randyt

randyt Master Survivalist
      415/460

Blog Posts:
    do you have a outhouse at all your minishelter locations?

TMT Tactical and Sourdough like this.
  3. Sourdough

515/575

Blog Posts:
    NO........and most of those have been removed or condensed into only a few, remaining at this point.

(You do know that I am rapidly going blind with Age Related Macula Degeneration, that is the reason for disassembling most of the cache sites)

There was only ever an outhouse at two sites (main cabin site and first stop escape cabin site). Otherwise just poop wherever you are when the urgent need arises.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2020
    TMT Tactical and randyt like this.
  4. Dalewick

Dalewick Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    Does this help you?

999d625c6157f1c377e77233b82f4281.jpg

Dale

TMT Tactical likes this.
    1. Old Geezer
      Remember, check for snakes before dropping your drawers and squatting down to dump your troubles. I'm thinking that disturbing a timber rattler from its rest under that log would induce it to do fanged violence to one's family jewels. And let's face facts, if bitten down there, you'll need a revolver. "To shoot the snake?" No, to put a bullet through your own brain.

Old Geezer, Jun 14, 2020
      Dalewick and TMT Tactical like this.
  5. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Legendary Survivalist
      525/575

Blog Posts:
  6. Sourdough

515/575

Blog Posts:
    Well..........I think I have it figured out. The riddle was the roof. It finally came to me that for my application the roof does not need to be attached. The roof will be removable. And transported in pieces, clipped together when in use, unclipped for moving the box. The roof (when in place) will be covered in several tarps and 6 mill plastic. Then dirt on top, then debris covering everything. Need to pray a moose does not step on it.

The box will be 8 feet long, 4 feet wide and 4 feet tall. Pretty much back to the original "Doghouse" concept for a man.

TMT Tactical and Dalewick like this.
    1. Dalewick
      Doghouse design worked in your neck of the woods for the last 100 years or more. Go with a proven winner. Heating with just a candle is nice too if no small stove available.

Dalewick, Aug 9, 2020
      TMT Tactical likes this.
  7. LastOutlaw

LastOutlaw Legendary Survivalist
      510/575

Blog Posts:
  8. Sourdough

515/575

Blog Posts:
    TMT Tactical likes this.
  9. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    why not?

TMT Tactical likes this.
  10. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    are we talking a shelter or some form of permanemt dwelling?

TMT Tactical likes this.
  11. Sourdough

515/575

Blog Posts:
    ???????? A permanent dwelling with the space 3'-6" wide and 3'-6" tall....???

No more like a man made mini cave for hiding.

(Like I keep tell people, "When the super SHTF, find a place to hide".)

TMT Tactical likes this.
  12. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    something "earth sheltered" would get my vote, some kind of dug out structure, not so much underground as dug out of a bank, no caves in my area so the second best thing.
    may not be needed if the die off is as large as most think it will be.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  13. Sourdough

515/575

Blog Posts:
    I envision this as very short term. Having two sleeping bags, and no-cook food for 24-36 hours.

If you get overrun this would be better then standing around for hours at eighteen degrees below zero with no shelter in the dark wilderness. Just enough to survive, and regroup. Or move safely to a better shelter. Or counter attack, if that is the only solution to survival.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2020
    TMT Tactical likes this.
  14. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    our temperature dosent get that low even in the winter.
    we have 6 other locations we can relocate to,most are temporary but one or two could become permanent, if needed, however given the population of the UK and my remote location this option is unlikely to be required.
    I am bugging IN.