Buy In Bulk

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Requests' started by Tom Williams, Feb 8, 2018.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Tom Williams

Tom Williams Moderator Staff Member
      330/345

Blog Posts:
    When buying for shtf and after buy unopened cases when you can things tobuy first aid supplies candles mylar blankets many iteams can be got at affordable prices in bulk placed in proper storeage when needed a ready supply will be there to use the list can and should be long but well worth the effort after shtf tissuse by the case those 8pack pocket tissuse by the case will be a god send in long term iethey work at either end lol think people after shtf there might not be a store to resupply getting stuff now will pay off allso more than one stash would be a proper idea as shit may happen and multi stashes are a major plus

2. Tom Williams

330/345

Blog Posts:
    A good place to buy in bulk from in the usa is dollar tree web site they sell many useful iteams there by the case and its affordable !!

3. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    the trouble with buying in bulk is your buying it all from one place and probably the same batch, if the batch run has an issue you could lose the whole lot.
    we don't have any cash and carry's near us so I still do a "big shop" run once a month.

4. Tom Williams

330/345

Blog Posts:
    The things ive had shipped from dollar tree come quick in good shape no food iteams just stuff i feel will come in handy when needed one is good two is better but cases full is great

lonewolf likes this.
  5. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    I buy in bulk for a lot things from Ebay. Space blankets for a dollar even those credit card knives can be had for about a dollar if you by a dozen or more. I buy a dollar poncho then in that bag I put a space blanket, a frerocerium rod, Some jute cord, a card knife, a p-38, a fresnsel lens, a book of matches, bandaids, a little neosporin in a sealed straw, some foil, a few hooks, line and sinkers, needle and thread and a button compass. I then seal it up and then seal it again in a vacuum seal a meal bag. I give these out to friends. The end result is wallet sized and will do you a lot of good in an emergency.

6. Tom Williams

330/345

Blog Posts:
    Shareing is good for now better have cases stashed in many locations for shtf a good shelter lined with mylar blankets inside be waterproofed and toasty warm. cases of all kinds of goods staples nails glues whatever you can buy bulk cheap now stashed for later will make life better

7. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    Can you imagine how much nails will be worth!!! Just to give you an idea, nailed are sized by the penny. In the old days the penny size was how much they COST per hundred!! This was back when people worked for like 25 cents a day if you were a skilled worker. Now we treat them as one use throw away items. THAT will change fast! Hardware of all kinds will become precious real fast. I have a case of bailing wire. Back before duct tape it was the do anything tool. I also have a couple of rolls of barbed wire and fencing pliers. You can do a lot of things with those.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2018
  8. watcherchris

watcherchris Legendary Survivalist
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    Wow....great idea Texdanm...about putting the Neosporin in the straws. I never considered that but it is a great idea..and surely follows the KISS principle...Keep It Simple Stupid.

I have done similar and put this gear into a type of heavy sealed Rubbermaid type container and duct taped it tight....but I am going to try out the Neosporin in the straws. I currently just put the tubes in a plastic bag.and into the Rubbermaid container. Just bought two new tubes of Neosporin this week.

I was a bit stunned to be awoken to the concept of how not that long ago in our history nails were an extremely valuable commodity and often recycled when buildings were torn down and or repaired.
    So too with sewing needles...very very valuable.

There are lots of civil war era museums around here on the Chesapeake Bay and also buildings surviving from the colonial era...along with the history of those times...down to simple daily histories of how these people who came before us lived.

Taking these tours ...listening to the history .. made me aware of how much we take for granted in our economic affluence....which tends to deceive many of us as to how this can change overnight and as those people in New Orleans, Houston, and now Puerto Rico have learned.

Thanks for reminding me,

Watcherchris

9. Tom Williams

330/345

Blog Posts:
    Cases. Dollar tree sells 9x12 drop cloth clear plastic but good thick stuff 48 in case first aid supplies band aids of all types sizes vaseoline neosporin pills pain relief cold flu oral jell ect emergancy candles each candle burns 6hrs freeze dried coffee foil bagged coffee usefoil first as freeze dried has a shelf life of 20 years. If you go to their site im sure you will find many things of use at a cheap price tissuse and toliet paper can be had by the case 4rolls for a buck 8pack of tissuses a buck the list is long and very handy boot socks. Bandanas allso by case

10. Tom Williams

330/345

Blog Posts:
    More checking of dollar tree site cheap drawstring backpacks 36 in acase. Utility knives by case check out this site and stock up

11. Tom Williams

330/345

Blog Posts:
    If you have a site set up and stocked too bug out too just incase for all types of shtf from home to bug out site stock cashse of stuff to be able to restock resupply as needed pvc pipe sealed at both ends make great stash holders place iteams inside seal bury deep

12. Tom Williams

330/345

Blog Posts:
    Found on amazon case of50 mylar blankets 29.99 free shipping best deal i found