California Fires; Current Update

Discussion in 'News, Current Events, and Politics' started by Pragmatist, Oct 26, 2019.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
  2. Pragmatist

485/575

Blog Posts:
    TMT Tactical and Old Geezer like this.
    1. Old Geezer
      Found the traffic backup photo interesting. Preppers know that such is going to happen. Maybe seeing backups in the news will be a wake-up call to those currently living in fantasy land -- at least for that tiny minority who can be awakened. These folk "don't get it" until some natural event kicks them straight in the face.

Old Geezer, Oct 27, 2019
      TMT Tactical likes this.
  3. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Legendary Survivalist
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    Temper, temper!

https://www.foxnews.com/us/california-power-outage-frustrations-pge-office-vandalized-truck-shot

"California power outage frustrations boil over as PG&E office vandalized, truck shot at on Interstate 5"

https://www.latimes.com/california/...e-california-power-outage-sparks-anger-at-pge

“We expect PG&E to do everything to minimize the impact to residents,” Schaaf said. “The idea of five days without electricity is devastating. We fully expect that to be a worst-case scenario.”

“I’m really mad at them,” Heart fumed. “We’ve had high winds in California for years and they’ve never shut down the power. It’s unconscionable.… They’re talking about possibly six days. I have nine orders today. I can’t fill my orders. And that’s just me. Some people are on oxygen. I think the governor needs to step in and do something.”

"By lunchtime, though, all bets were off. She’d swung by the vet to pick up medication for her ailing rescue cat and his cancerous thyroid. She headed to the market to pick up groceries, knowing the place was cash only and all she had on hand was $15."

"My Hummingbirds are struggling to get to their feeders. They are freaking out."

People who require electricity for medical equipment are panicking. Neither they nor their care providers have planned for electrical shutdowns.

https://www.npr.org/2019/10/11/769193173/pg-es-blackouts-panic-californias-vulnerable-population

https://nypost.com/2019/10/12/man-d...-prevents-him-from-getting-to-oxygen-machine/

TMT Tactical likes this.
  4. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    Even this early on, California power outages causing concerns for law enforcement. They've even had arrests.

https://californiaglobe.com/section...curfew-during-power-outages-to-prevent-crime/

This was in Morgan Hill. It will be interesting to see how much Californians decompensate during this period of high wind gusts and fire hazard conditions. We're not talking major earthquakes. California has extremely well-known naturally occurring negative events and no one is prepared for what they have known was coming.

Says everything you need to know about most Californians, if you ask me. What tragic fools!

Shoot, this has now turned into dark entertainment for me. "California Cataclysms!", it's the new reality series. "Watch the people panic!" "Fluffy hasn't been to the dog groomers in two weeks!" "My tanning bed won't work! I didn't think about it running on electricity -- we paid so much for it, after all."

TMT Tactical likes this.
  5. Pragmatist

485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good afternoon Old Geezer,

Did Heart finally get to fill her 9 orders ?

A suggest to Heart: Have the rescue cat help the hummingbirds get fed. This will free up time for grocery shopping with the 15 dollars.

The NPR article is semi-confusing - unless it's really crystal-clear. A nurse who cares for a shut-in invalid didn't notify the patient/customer. The nurses can't divulge information ?

Cindy; perhaps, ... may I suggest ... just a hint ... Large quantities of O2 consumption 24/7 really means to different living arrangements are really required.

Forget Doug Jones at the Santa Rosa Fairground resource center. Let's leave the People's Democratic Republic of California and review the what's going on. Much has changed in the last 50 years.

1. PG&E is currently in Chap 11 bankruptcy

2. Calif law requires utilities to obtain 33% of electric generation from renewables by 2020. It's now 2019.

3. Low-income customers get subsidized for their electric consumption.

4. PG&E also required to weatherize low - income customers at no cost to the low income customer.

5. PG&E is also installing 7,500 electric car recharging units as required by Calif law. The electric car drivers get a "clean fuel rebate"

6. Calif holds utilities liable even if not negligent.

Is there any money left to expedite the improvements to the grid ?

PG&E is, in substance, a Calif governmental agency used by the Governator and his august assembly to further their agenda.

Feet Notes:

1. I don't know what Ramin noodles cost in California but 15 $ to get food - and it's an emergency - maybe share with the hummingbirds and rescue cat.

2. I'd contribute to help out the birds but not her.

3. Much has changed in 50 years.

4. Lenin is laughing.

5. What time is her yoga class ?

TMT Tactical, randyt and Old Geezer like this.
  6. Preppergal

Preppergal Guest

Blog Posts:
    Nocal fires are much worst than Socal at the moment ,and without power many gas stations, stoplights, motels are not working for people to evacuate or travel through the area on the many interstate highways. There are preppers in them there hills too,,, north of SF up the coast to Oregon is full of preppers, survivalist, homesteaders and off the grid folks who seldom come out or visit online sites. Let's not forget where the "back-to-the-land" movement in the 70's went lol

There is a lady prepper and her dog sitting in a lake right now watching the fire come near her place because the roads out are closed, the roads are burning and she is prepped but what do you do when you can't evacuate??? Call a helicopter ? How many preppers have a helicopter.

These are homes burning not only the forest. This can happen anywhere not only calif. With enough wind and fuel nobody is safe.

90 mph winds pushing these fires are not under the control of the people.

We have several people camping on the side of the roads trying to get to either SF or OR and no gas, no motel, roads closed.

300 firefighters left Oregon this morning for Nocal.

The article says 30,000 acres but its updated to 50,000 and the highway to Tahoe (NV) was just closed.

I'm not a californian anymore, haven't been in years and years and I'm actually more of an Ozark ridge runner then west coaster.

Just thought I'd add to your update in case anybody cares. Be safe and stay well..

https://www.cbsnews.com/live-news/f...es-evacuations-today-live-updates-2019-10-27/

https://www.latimes.com/california/...quinez-bridge-in-vallejo-interstate-80-closed

TMT Tactical and poltiregist like this.
  7. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    db6f496e6ee71e0ab8ba99382399f375.jpeg

TMT Tactical likes this.
  8. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    Currently,
    "Officials also stated they are taking aggressive stance against looting during the evacuations."
    https://www.bizjournals.com/sanjose/news/2019/10/27/fires-shut-down-bay-area-freeways.html

Last year, 2018 during a time of wildfires, looting became a problem.
    https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/7739552/california-wildfires-looting-camp-fire-butte/

California seems like it should be a vacation place. You visit, then go home. Never should anyone consider living there.

Maybe California serves as a national insane asylum for the USA. They shouldn't be allowed to vote, of course.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  9. Pragmatist

485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good afternoon Preppergal,

No community volunteer responders to work the road intersections when the traffic lights failed ?

The lady with dog at lake is a prepper ?? Perhaps a survivalist-fatalist and surely a homesteader but not a prepper. Evacuation prep is a major aspect of prepping. There are various levels and various reasons to GOOD - Get Out Of Dodge - . One reason is an approaching Soviet Red Army armor division. Another is a massive fire.

Yes, I care and glad you posted above.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  10. Pragmatist

485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good afternoon Old Geezer,

We need that above-pictured fire chief managing the Calif fires !

Looting.....and the fires, for the same reason, are really just manifestations of the real, but thinly-veiled problem: the failed state government in Sacramento.

I view California like the late 19th century to early 20th century Crimea, Ukraine. It was a pleasant climate resort-type area with quality living (relatively speaking) and some "intellectual centers" noted throughout Europe. Some political changes occurred and and the place became like contemporary California....for similar reasons.

TMT Tactical likes this.