Camper In Survival

Discussion in 'Tent, camper, RV, or other man made shelters.' started by Tom Williams, Sep 7, 2017.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Tom Williams

Tom Williams Moderator Staff Member
      330/345

Blog Posts:
    A camper is a home anywhere set up right a camper can and would be a very comfy home for survival it has a kitchen stove and sink it has a refrigdrator or ice box it has beds it has water system and some has a full bathroom with these a family can be comfy and secure. Kids would be less stressed as life would be more normal with a camper ladies too with the kitchan and bathroom set up and working. The mrs and i started out in a camper we lived in it for six years very happy and comfy

Morgan101 and Caribou like this.
  2. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Legendary Survivalist
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    When it hits the fan, anywhere there can be found food or useful items will be looted.
    They will shoot through the sides of the camper to kill or injure you and your family. You can return fire through the sides of your camper. Ultimately, if they can get anything out of you, they will burn you and yours inside the camper.

TMT Tactical, Caribou and Keith H. like this.
  3. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    I have seen campers after a fire, just leaves a black burnt out shell.

TMT Tactical, Caribou and Keith H. like this.
  4. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    the only time I want to be underground is if there is an all out nuclear war, otherwise I want to be above ground-but hidden- so I can see what is going on and who is about.
    I agree with your comments about cities etc.

TMT Tactical and Caribou like this.
  5. Tom Williams

Tom Williams Moderator Staff Member
      330/345

Blog Posts:
    For a family with small kids camping in a nice trailer would make kids more at ease instead of a shelter no bathroom no water system ie baths a small kitchen that cooks more normal meals te less stress on kids the better keep it as normal as possible

6. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    some of the campers I see on the main roads you wouldn't get down our country lanes.

7. Outdoor Life

Outdoor Life New Member
      8/29

Blog Posts:
    I like the idea of an off-road teardrop trailer. As mentioned, you want to be isolated as much as possible and with your loved ones.

I am in Utah and there is a guy renting out trailers that, in my mind, are the ideal setup for bugging out. At the time, he was also renting out the Gladiator too. Not sure if he's still doing packaged deals.
    1849510331ca40cbe6198765ab31f717.jpeg

These trailers have all the ground clearance you could possible want. The guy is incredibly nice. I had a great time. He says the solar panels can keep the fridge/freezer charged indefinitely. Which would be great for storing small game or fish.

I'm thinking this is a great option myself. The idea being, that if you were in such a remote location, you'd be less likely to run into another group of people. And if you did, you might be able to match their numbers. Any opinions on a smaller teardrop trailer built for off-road? What am I missing?

8. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good afternoon Outdoorlife,

In reply;

Do you have enough of a gasoline supply ? Don't anticipate resupply points like WaWa or other gasoline stations selling gasoline.

If you arrived at B from A, others will also. Missing is situational awareness. Factor this in.

The picture is super. Some will have back of vehicle and back of trailer holding permanently mounted 5 gal gas can holders for same. Read up on the static electricity matter for refilling.

9. Outdoor Life

Outdoor Life New Member
      8/29

Blog Posts:
    Good points. Fuel will probably be a huge limiting factor. Having a tow vehicle with extra fuel tanks and more storage for fuel on the trailer will be important.

10. Caribou

Caribou Master Survivalist
      410/460

Blog Posts:
    There are tradeoffs with every option. A trailer provides comfort that a tent or lean to doesn't. If you're on the move better a vehicle with limited gas than no vehicle. If you have a destination, and adequate fuel to get there, this is a mobile cabin. Getting to your BOL and finding it vandalised, burned, or occupied might be worse than a trailer.

Let's say you setup a pad with a pole barn roof. You bury 3 septic tanks, one for sewage, one for water, and one for supplies. Your ceiling is multiple layers of plywood. Your floor is concrete. You start pulling plywood from the ceiling and panelling up 4' interior and exterior then fill with sand or gravel. Finish the exterior. Windows, insulation, and doors can be left in the unaccessible attic.

The access is in a known spot under where the trailer will be parked with only 2" of concrete above the manhole for the storage. Knock the concrete out, dig a few inches of sand out, and access your 1,000 gallon storage.

You have to bring a sledge hammer with you but a big rock would do in a pinch. Every other tool could be stored there.

Two BOVs, then a trailer to live in and a box trailer with supplies. A motorhome with a box trailer behind it. Many options are available. My truck has a receiver front and rear. I can put 45 gallons of fuel on the front and tow a trailer or put another 45 gallons on the rear.

TMT Tactical and Outdoor Life like this.
  11. poltiregist

poltiregist Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    In a S.H.T.F. situation a camper would be good IF you owned a private property you could retreat to . Perhaps a good option if a person doesn't want to actually move to that property . However thinking you can just run off to public land may not work . Some just tried moving their campers to public land in Arkansas to escape the cites and the Corona Virus within . Just a few hours ago the Governor had those squatter towns shut down . Now the sheeple with the campers are displaced and the locals are up in arms to shoot any that stray onto their lands . Probably already too late to purchase that survival retreat for a camper . The panic and people running around with campers has already begun .

12. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    apart from being found or spotted, another problem is fuel, our local rural filling station often runs out of fuel in the summer months, and once off the beaten track your not likely to fall over a filling station.
    another problem is security, teardrop trailers and even most campers wont stop a bullet!

13. varuna

varuna Tree killer & a cat person
      380/460

Blog Posts:
    Might wanna go with motorhome rather than trailer that is build upon offroad capable vehicle (example : Unimog). My line of thinking is always based upon mobility and motorhome is best suited for land dweller in this regard.