Can Anyone Identify This Footprint

Discussion in 'Hunting / Fishing / Trapping' started by Mr Boots, Jun 3, 2017.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Mr Boots

Mr Boots Expert Member
      188/230

Blog Posts:
    This was taken earlier today (3-6-17) by a v good mate of mine who has spent his life hunting and tracking and has never come across a footprint like this
    tmp_6745-WTF is it1601623182.jpg I am hopefully someone would know it was found at ben whiskin mountain where there are old Barite mines caves in Ireland

Keith H. likes this.
  2. Arkane

Arkane Master Survivalist
      275/297

Blog Posts:
    actually looks like a human hand in a two fingered glove!

3. Bishop

Bishop Master Survivalist
      335/345

Blog Posts:
    Red stag

4. Koala

Koala Well-Known Member
      77/115

Blog Posts:
    Initially, it could be a Red Stag but what about that thing that's next to it? On the right side?

He said his hunting friend has never seen a footprint like this so I doubt that it's Red Stag. Maybe I am wrong.

5. Mr Boots

Mr Boots Expert Member
      188/230

Blog Posts:
    @Bishop @Koala Red stag would only leave a 2 groove indent and their are no other prints around to track
    @Arkane It could be a hand but if in a 2 finger glove would expect grooves to be wider and not rounded on side

6. Bishop

Bishop Master Survivalist
      335/345

Blog Posts:
    I think what your looking at is three tracks where I hunt at the hogs and deer walking the trails will make tracks similar too the ones in the picture

7. Mr Boots

Mr Boots Expert Member
      188/230

Blog Posts:
    Cool will u snap picture next time u spot one
    It strange that there was no other track or sign around of an animal anywhere near it
    we don't hav wild hogs here
    I thought it could be a double print (back hoof on top of front one as they walk) but would expect more than one print in area
    I think a couple of nights camping is due up there

8. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    Back foot landed right on top of the track left by a front hoof. OR another animals track laded just right to turn a two part cloven hoof into want looks like a three part hoof. OR You have found the very rare track of the Lizard Man OR the Dinosaurs demise has been slightly exaggerated. Tracks are so cool. I used to live on a dirt road and loved to go out the morning after a good rain to see what had passed by.

9. Keith H.

Keith H. Moderator Staff Member
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    I am not even going to guess at this one. But I will share an experience I had many years ago. I came across a strange track, three ordinary wild boar prints, & one strange print. I tracked the boar & shot it. Turned out that this boar had trodden on the pelvic bone of some dead animal & got the pelvic bone stuck on one of it's hooves. This could be something similar.
    Keith.

Mr Boots likes this.