Cannon For Retreat Defence.

Discussion in 'Guns' started by Keith H., Nov 11, 2017.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Keith H.

Keith H. Moderator Staff Member
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    If you want an inexpensive cannon for retreat defence, you can pick up a second hand hydraulic ram for a song, sometimes for free. They are easy to convert. I am sure you will see the potential when you look at the image below.
    afb3394578a1efe4424ad2a8f2231e43.jpeg

TMT Tactical likes this.
  2. RICH-FL

RICH-FL Well-Known Member
      82/115

Blog Posts:
    It might work for a short range shotgun. Blow the walking dead in droves.

Black power can move the bits of metal (ammo) at a good speed and the pressures should keep the gun barrel from cracking.

TMT Tactical and Keith H. like this.
  3. Keith H.

525/575

Blog Posts:
    Thanks for commenting, Rich, I thought this thread had died!!! My son was working on something or other & picked up a couple of large hydraulic rams, much longer than the ones in the image above, & I saw the obvious potential in these :)
    Keith.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  4. TMT Tactical

TMT Tactical The Great Lizard ! Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    Good post and food for thought. Loaded with grape shot (shrapnel) and an electronic blasting cap and now you can really clear a path. Car batter would work just fine. Once all the batteries are exhausted, then switch to home made fuses.

Keith H. likes this.
  5. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    Even though it isn't deadly I had a friend that made a big pvc pipe cannon that looked like the real thing. It had a 4" pipe for the barrel and with the coupler on the end and black paint mixed with coarse sand it looked real. In the bottom he had carbide crystals and when you added a little water it made carbide gas. There was a little peso electric sparker inside and when you set it off it was deafening. He added a little flour to a place in the front and if you were on the receiving end of this you would think for sure that you were being blasted at by the real thing. It might be worthwhile. Any battle that you can avoid by deception is a win.

6. Keith H.

525/575

Blog Posts:
    I think just using a linstock & matchcord as on cannons should work fine. Drink cans filled with cement or lead should stop a vehicle coming up our road or at our gate. I think I could have some fun with one or two of these.
    Keith.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  7. TMT Tactical

510/575

Blog Posts:
    Keith, I agree they offer many possibilities and options, from being just intimidating (as TexDamn stated) to down right destructive.

Keith H. likes this.
  8. Oldguy

Oldguy Master Survivalist
      280/345

Blog Posts:
    I went with compressed air mortar with a steel barrel and hollow cast concrete rounds
    An impact fuse and some ANFO if needed:D

TMT Tactical likes this.
  9. TMT Tactical

510/575

Blog Posts:
    I have decided if I go out marauding (joke folks, just a joke) I will skip Keith's and Oldguy's places.