Carryover Thread;"the Covid-19 Econ Recovery ("?")"

Discussion in 'The Hangout' started by Pragmatist, May 22, 2020.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good afternoon Varuna,

To keep a little of the original theme surviving, am replying here re last entry at above titled thread.

Point the first: Safety does not accrue via certifications.

Point the second: Well prior to certifications / ISO, related, I was a SCUBA diver. Still have some pictures of me with the 2 72 cube tanks.

As of now, no more barracuda, Portuguese Man of War, jelly fish, jam fish, junk in water. Also, as of now, it is a project for me to activate the quick release latch on the weight belt.

Point the conclusion: I am now dating a mermaid and besides being a real good swimmer, she is nice and although does not smoke, she loves sour mash bourbon.

Less dangerous than big sea creatures are railroad ties with steel spikes rolling around in the water.

cc: Lloyd Bridges (as Mike Nelson) SEA HUNT.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  2. varuna

varuna Tree killer & a cat person
      380/460

Blog Posts:
    True safety isn't synonym to certification, however I was referring it because I'm under the assumption that you were not trained or have underwater experience.

I've seen a lot of newbie doing stupid thing underwater, and some of them even think that playing with the planet largest fish is similar to playing with some large terrestrial herbivore. Some even thought it was good idea to play with the ocean apex predator (orca) because they thought it they look cute & adorable :rolleyes:

TMT Tactical likes this.
  3. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good morning Varuna,

We humans are creatures of perception.

More dangerous to the human is the reef shark and less so is the short fin Mako shark.

The red tide is more dangerous than barracuda.

TMT Tactical likes this.