Cataract Surgery

Discussion in 'The Hangout' started by Richard Earley, Mar 4, 2020.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Richard Earley

Richard Earley Well-Known Member
      97/115

Blog Posts:
    I have been thru the procedure and now my vision is just about perfect...A little fuzziness in the right eye but it is clearing up...20/20 vision in about 2 weeks well worth it...

TMT Tactical, randyt and Caribou like this.
  2. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good afternoon Rich,

Glad to hear of recovery.

Richard Earley likes this.
  3. Caribou

Caribou Master Survivalist
      410/460

Blog Posts:
    Expect to need to have a doctor clean the lenses in a few years. Still, it is well worth it.

Richard Earley and TMT Tactical like this.
  4. TMT Tactical

TMT Tactical The Great Lizard ! Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    I will have to go back for more surgery. Eye doc punctured my right eye during the cataract surgery and now it is leaking fluid. Just had my annual checkup and the leak was discovered. More fun for the future. The left eye is doing fine, the doc did not stab that one. The old eye doc has left the state, wonder why?

Richard Earley and Caribou like this.
  5. F22 Simpilot

F22 Simpilot Master Survivalist
      407/460

Blog Posts:
    I'm a little reluctant to get this surgery. While glasses are a PITA and I won't do contacts, I'd rather not take the risk and go blind.

Richard Earley and TMT Tactical like this.
  6. Pragmatist

485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good morning all,

I'm just curious.

Is this operation done in a hospital as a matter of routine or in an eye-doctor's clinical office ?

Is there a typical recovery time period ?

Merci in advance.

Caribou and TMT Tactical like this.
  7. Richard Earley

97/115

Blog Posts:
    Mine was done in a eye care clinic...I could see very well in 2 days and after a week my vision was so good that I tossed the glasses..I still use reading glasses for small print the right eye is still a little fuzzy but the eye drops seem to be working...

Caribou and TMT Tactical like this.
  8. Pragmatist

485/575

Blog Posts:
    Thank you, Rich.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  9. TMT Tactical

510/575

Blog Posts:
    My surgeries were also done in a clinic. Very nice facility and very modern, the doc just screwed up. Left eye vision outstanding, right eye blurry. Left eye dominate, so I can still shoot at the range.

Caribou likes this.
  10. Pragmatist

485/575

Blog Posts:
    Thank you, TMT.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  11. Caribou

Caribou Master Survivalist
      410/460

Blog Posts:
    Did mine at a rented office suite. Doc came into town every few months, brought in a few teams, and knocked off a ton of eyes. Did one eye one day and the other a day or three later. it took two days or a week to recover. The next day my now good eye didn't need glasses as they corrected my vision when they fixed the cataract. With one eye needing glasses and the other not I found that short period between surgeries a bit disconcerting. It is short lived and not a reason to avoid the surgery.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  12. Pragmatist

485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good morning Caribou,

Informative and relieving...Thank you.

Am just curious; At rented office suite, is procedure performed in a reclining angle dentist type chair or flat on a physicaln's table or other arrangement.

Are hospital clothes used ? Or are street cloths kept on ?

Is patient awake or sedated out for procedure ?

What category of medical personnel actually performs the procedure ? Is there anything to seek in selection ?

Merci in advance.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  13. TMT Tactical

510/575

Blog Posts:
    Pragmatist --- My only word of caution. At any time during the procedure, you start to feel any discomfort, stop the doctor and insist they give you more pain killer. My mistake was not knowing and the pain killer wore off during the procedure. You can't hold still if somebody is scraping on your eyeball. The second procedure, I knew better and all went well. It is worth having it done.

14. Dalewick

Dalewick Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    Thanks for the info. I'm looking at having to have both eyes done in a couple years.

Dale

TMT Tactical likes this.
  15. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Legendary Survivalist
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    Seek the attention of a competent ophthalmology office and the likelihood of complications from this sort of surgery are profoundly low.

I was going blind. Had surgery in one eye, then the other. Now see 20/20 out of one eye even without glasses. Both eyes are now corrected to better than 20/20. One eye has astigmatism, but can be corrected to normal ... and then some. My vision is back. I see better than I was able to see in grammar school.

The hearing is shot-out. So it goes.

Dalewick and TMT Tactical like this.
  16. Richard Earley

97/115

Blog Posts:
    Now that I have darned near perfect vision without glasses I hope the Lord does not kill me...I just got my new eyes..

Dalewick and TMT Tactical like this.