Changing Directions

Discussion in 'General Q&A' started by Arkane, Sep 2, 2016.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Arkane

Arkane Master Survivalist
      275/297

Blog Posts:
    I have recently sold my retreat and have decided to change direction and buy a BUS/ MOTORHOME!
    I am by myself now so do not really need much!
    My plan is to aquire the motorhome soon and for the next few years do short trips up the coast fishing and exploring, with 1800km just in QLD that is a few years of traveling!
    Also planning to live mostly off the land with lots of coastal fishing etc!

Anyone have opinions on that plan?

2. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    you sold your retreat? why??
    anywhere in this motorhome of yours to store supplies?
    mind you the zombies will see your motorhome coming a mile off!!!:rolleyes:

3. Arkane

275/297

Blog Posts:
    Sold it due to half owner my half brother getting "Bitchy" and threatening to force a sale!
    One can not maintain enthusium for something that may be gone!
    Not enough money to buy him out and finish proper infrastructure! so called him on it!

4. Arkane

275/297

Blog Posts:
    anywhere in this motorhome of yours to store supplies?

Looking at a full sized coach (10-12m long) so will have about 4-5tons payload plus up to 4 tons in trailer

mind you the zombies will see your motorhome coming a mile off!!!:rolleyes:

Will paint it camo to suit and improve the exhaust somewhat! Most coach's over here have either a full bulbar or as a minimum a reinforced bumper!
    if it can handle one ton cattle at 100kmph a few zombies I might not even notice!

Being a grey nomad before TSHTF is cool with me!

5. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    you'll be one of those silver dudes who go south and live in motorhomes and trailers in the winter!!

6. Arkane

275/297

Blog Posts:
    Winter here in QLD is quite mild! gets down to 10c at night and most days are 20c plus!
    Last nights minimum was 17c and it got to 26c about 2pm and now at 5pm it is still 24c!
    I used the heater about six times this past winter!
    I plan on spending a year or so fishing my way up the QLD coast! Sun sand and surf on endless sundays!

7. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    yep, its a mild climate here too, rain is our usual weather not snow although it can get quite cold around January time.
    I used to go fishing a lot when I lived near the coast, but we live right in the middle of the county out in the countryside and it would be a major excursion to get to the coast.