"chief Hiking Officer"

Discussion in 'The Hangout' started by Pragmatist, Jun 11, 2020.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    TMT Tactical likes this.
  2. Morgan101

Morgan101 Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    I am holding out for the position of Director of Beer Drinking; Potato Chip Eating; and Television Watching. Who wants to walk across 14 states? Who are you? Freaking Daniel Boone.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  3. NomadWill

NomadWill Expert Member
      240/345

Blog Posts:
    Ah Sorry the position of "Director of Beer Drinking" has already been taken by me! ;)

TMT Tactical and Morgan101 like this.
  4. Morgan101

Morgan101 Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    Story of my life. A day late and a dollar short.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  5. NomadWill

NomadWill Expert Member
      240/345

Blog Posts:
    Hah, I don't mind sharing though

TMT Tactical likes this.
  6. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Legendary Survivalist
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    Historically speaking, beer has been a food source in Germany for many centuries / millennia.

Top-fermented ales and wheated ales (my favorite is Weihenstephaner Hefe Weissbier, I like its dunkel cousin also; for a Doppelbock, I like the Spaten Optimator). When you drink this with a meal, you really feel like the beer is not just a drink, not just something to wash down the food -- no, the beer/ale is a part of your food. This adds to your food.

I'm no big beer fan, however when drinking an ale or a beer, I want something real. To think of a Reuben sandwich with a stout beer (or wheated ale) is making my mouth water even as I write this.

Germans need energy for hard work and for getting through the wintertime. You can see hard-working men drinking real beer and they are not getting drunk -- their bodies are burning it. I can't imagine having to work a Bavarian farm; the work involved also involves going up and down mountainsides perpetually. The men have tree-trunk legs. The reason they don't wear long-pants is due to having to dissipate the body-heat from labor.

The concept of having a lite beer is to me very, very strange, even troubling.

Off to the kitchen, lunch. Just bought some meat and real bread, thick heavy nutty bread. Sehr gut fur Mittagessen (sp?). This afternoon, sweaty work, yard work to put right. Hope my back and hips and knees get me by. The cane will help, perchance an ale afterwards.

TMT Tactical likes this.