Childrens Mental Health During Lockdown

Discussion in 'News, Current Events, and Politics' started by Pragmatist, Feb 10, 2021.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    https://nypost.com/2021/02/08/lockdowns-are-breaking-our-kids-and-the-damage-may-be-permanent/

Good mornig all,

Per ...

Is it really the lockdowns that are the cause of the damage to the kids ?

Recall some recent headlines that those lost on K2 Mountain due to the weather.

The kids have parents/legal guardians who DID NOT prepare for the changes to routine. There are numerous examples of kids coming out of wars and being mentally-adjusted.

No pulp books, magazines, newspapers (a couple still do exist) in the dwelling ? No inexpensive astro telescope to view the stars and the other stuff ? No dwelling exercise program in shack, whether apartment or Sky King's ranch ?

No plastic (or other material) jars of pennies for sorting by date and occassional mint mark ?

Continue to blame problems on external matters and we're finished.

We're here because we came from backgrounds teaching how to retie a broken shoelace or the equivalents thereof.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  2. lonewolf

lonewolf Legendary Survivalist Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    we are growing generations of snowflakes, not just children but adults too.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  3. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    So true, Lonewolf.

I admit to being tired of supporting the chips and beer crowd.

I add to the "snowflake" definition that a major feature of the American population is that they are lazy.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  4. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    most people are terminally stupid, common sense has been lost on everyone except preppers.
    people dont even prepare for bad weather any more but just complain when it does happen.
    good job my parents(WW2 generation) arent around to see it they would be horrified by the modern attitudes.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  5. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    Hard times are going to be LETHAL for a lot of these kids. I watch parents argues endlessly with their kids about even minor things. I despise the things that I see these days on TV especially some of the commercials. There is one where the kid refuses to eat what has been placed before her for dinner. The parent tells her that they will sit there until she eats it and the kids informs her parent that they will be there all night. My daughter tried something like that one time. I whipped her ass and sent her to bed. In the morning it was there for breakfast she got her ass whipped again and went off to school with no lunch or money. She ATE it for supper that night.

I watched a kid nearly get killed. She was standing in the road and he mother was yelling at her to get out of the road. Over and over the kid stood there and screeched "WHY!!!". A car came around the corner and had to climb on the brakes to keep from hitting her. Finally the mother ran out and grabed the brat and was crying and hugging her and cussing the driver for driving to fast. I don't think that they were exceeding the speed limit. What did the brat learn? You don't have to mind anyone and no matter what nothing is going to be your fault.

I have seen way too much of this type of parenting these days. These kids will get their parents killed if they don't die first. They just get louder when told to be quiet. I'm sorry but I have no mercy for them and no sympathy. If they are with me they will mind, work and obey ALL of the adults or I will throw them and their parents out in the road.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  6. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    you cant fix stupid and most of our modern population are stupid. it seems to be always someone else's job to look after them, not a single rational self preservation thought between them.
    in a TEOTWAWKI event or events the mortality rate wont just be large it will be huge.

TMT Tactical likes this.