Chinese Companies And Virus Responses

Discussion in 'Other Reference Material' started by Pragmatist, Mar 11, 2020.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    https://hbr.org/2020/03/how-chinese-companies-have-responded-to-coronavirus

Per ...

Some US companies (not that many) use - contingency planning - as part of their business model.

Link tells of 12 ways Chinese companies responded to the disease emergency. It's 12 "early lessons" for leaders elsewhere. These 12 lessons can be used by Prepper group leaders when tailored accordingly.

Note lesson 1: "Process must be fast".

Note lesson 2: "decentralized initiative taking" (Not applicable to vast areas of American society nowadays).

In the overseas oil exploration industry, we had a term and doctrine(s) titled "Making decisions under conditions of uncertainty". This augments the above 12 "early lessons".

Prep, prep, prep
    and
    factor in safety

2. varuna

varuna Tree killer & a cat person
      380/460

Blog Posts:
    TMT Tactical likes this.
  3. F22 Simpilot

F22 Simpilot Master Survivalist
      407/460

Blog Posts:
    A very old book called Art Of War by Sun Tzu can be applied to the corporate or political world. You can download the Art Of War App which is an audio book from the Google Play Store and I'm sure Apple may have a version as well. Art Of War may help in being a better lawyer as well as taking an influential speech class.

Sometimes I feel like my last name should be famous. Like president famous. HAHAHA! I'd start off as a 2 to 3 year mayor, move up to governor for 4 to 8 years and throw my hat in the ring for president. I can dream can't I? :D

TMT Tactical likes this.