Chop Sticks.

Discussion in 'Cooking and Cooking Utensils' started by SirJoe, Jul 17, 2017.

0/5, 0 votes

1. SirJoe

SirJoe Expert Member
      143/173

Blog Posts:
    I am not really good at using chop sticks but I can see the usefulness of knowing how to use them. If you know how to use them you don't have walk around with heavy cutlery all you need is a pocket knife and as long as you have some sort of would you can make a pair.
    Do make chop sticks when you go camping?

2. Keith H.

Keith H. Moderator Staff Member
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    NO I DON'T!
    Keith

3. OnTarget

OnTarget New Member
      1/29

Blog Posts:
    I like to think I'm pretty good at using them. Like anything else, it takes practice.
    But, they do have limits. I just use regular camp utensils.
    Great idea in a pinch though!

4. Tom Williams

Tom Williams Moderator Staff Member
      330/345

Blog Posts:
    I lived injapan for 6 years im a master with them but really give me a knife fork and spoon please

5. Bishop

Bishop Master Survivalist
      335/345

Blog Posts:
    I ate one meal ever night for a year with them to get good with them but I like foons my self yes that is a foon go a head and ask

6. iamawriter

iamawriter Well-Known Member
      88/115

Blog Posts:
    I would use my fingers. Fingers they say can pick up food most efficiently when compared to cutlery and chopsticks. I have watched someone eating food with chopsticks but that was mostly noodles.

7. Scarlet

Scarlet Member
      23/29

Blog Posts:
    I tried learning to use chopsticks but until now I haven't learned it, maybe it really takes practice because as they say, "practice makes perfect!". If ever I wouldn't learn to use it for eating my food, I would use it to clip my hair and I would go traditional by using my hand, after all, in times of survival it wouldn't be an issue if we use chopstick or fork and spoon what matter most is we can eat our food.

8. Scarlet

Scarlet Member
      23/29

Blog Posts:
    I tried learning to use chopsticks but until now I haven't learned it, maybe it really takes practice because as they say, "practice makes perfect!". If ever I wouldn't learn to use it for eating my food, I would use it to clip my hair and I would go traditional by using my hand, after all, in times of survival it wouldn't be an issue if we use chopstick or fork and spoon what matter most is we can eat our food.

9. Corzhens

Corzhens Master Survivalist
      277/345

Blog Posts:
    There was a time when we went camping in a nearby province that is not a camping resort which means there are no facilities. When it was time to cook, we learned that we forgot to bring the ladle. That utensil is very important when cooking because how can you turn over the meat that is being fried? And what do you know. The guys went to get bamboo and made a sort of extra long chopsticks that served as the utensil for frying. It was a simple creative act that saved the day.