Civil war

Discussion in 'Other Not Listed Situations' started by Arboreal, Jun 3, 2016.

0/5, 0 votes

?

How likely is a civil war in your country?

1. Virtually impossible

1 vote(s)
    12.5%
  2. Unlikely

4 vote(s)
    50.0%
  3. There's a serious risk

2 vote(s)
    25.0%
  4. They're fighting already!

1 vote(s)
    12.5%
  1. Arboreal

Arboreal Active Member
      36/47

Blog Posts:
    It looks like that people here are overlooking this scenario, but short of a planetary collapse of civilization, a war is probably the worst emergency situation, and in this day and age, a civil war is much bigger risk than a casual foreign invasion (not that civil wars can't involve foreign actors). Do you think that there's a risk it mgiht break out in your country in foreseable future? If yes, what precautions are you taking? For example, a nasty feature of the internal conflict is that the fighting government(s) may attempt to draft you or your loved ones into their armed forces - I think everybody here would go AWOL then. Another prolem: would you escape the country, if there was such a possibility, and trade all your supplies for greater immediate security, or prefer to hunker down somewhere? Perhaps even start a survivalist fraction and secure your own neighbourhood? ;)

2. Keith H.

Keith H. Moderator Staff Member
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    Can't see it happening in Australia, the Australian citizens get up & go has gone!!! They don't even give a damn if the government takes away all their rights, & it is getting close to that now. The Australian motto is "she'll be right mate". I don't think it will be right, but there will be no major street protests. Our government & the governor general are totally corrupt, the whole government needs sacking & a new system putting in place to give the people a voice, but it won't happen, the majority don't have the guts to fight back.
    I have absolutely no idea what we would do if the government decides to go the whole hog, they are at present trying to disarm all Australian civilians. The police have been for the large part militarized. The police now have special powers of arrest & invasion of private property, they are also trying to ban all protests. Mining now has precedent over farming, & farmers have started committing suicide. Pollution of our environment is major. All protests against mining are banned & protesters get arrested. Major corporations & the very wealthy pay no taxes, so the average citizen pays more tax. Women's help centers have lost government funding & many have been closed. Domestic violence is rife in Australia. Self-defence is frowned on by the law & is not classed as a good reason for owning a firearm. Much of Australia is isolated, so we have no access to police assistance or at best they can not reach homes in time to protect us against home invasion. Off the record police state that you must have been shot before you can use a gun yourself to defence yourself or your family!!! If the attacker has no gun, then you can't use a gun, no matter how big they are or how many of them there are. We are advised to run, to leave our home by the nearest exit if we can.
    This is what it is like in Australia right now, & the people do nothing. Some of us try petitioning, try to rally the people, but the majority do not back us in any way. If we lose our home & property to the corrupt local councils, which many have already, then we have the choice of trying to survive on my pension in town, or we go bush. I don't see any other options open to us. Sounds like a futuristic survival movie doesn't it? A sad state of affairs.
    Someone once said that if enough people want teotwawki, then it will happen. Bring it on I say, because that is the ONLY way we can get rid of our governments corrupt vise like grip! End of rant!!!
    Keith.
    [​IMG]

Colorado Prepper and Arboreal like this.
  3. Corzhens

Corzhens Master Survivalist
      277/345

Blog Posts:
    It is unlikely for a civil to occur here. But the probability is there no matter how small. In the event of a civil war, I consider it more dangerous than a war between 2 countries since you can easily identify the enemy or the ally. It would be like being in a zombie apocalypse where you are scared to see any one and your wish is to be alone forever. Maybe we would go to the farthest province, a mountain town or anywhere that is far from the city, anywhere where there are no people. We can weather the hunger and thirst but not the exposure to the unknown enemy.

I have read the civil war in Sudan and Somalia where rape is prevalent. I cannot imagine hungry people mired in poverty with the lust to have sex. They really seem evil to me. But that is probable to happen in any civil war situation.

Keith H. likes this.
  4. John Snort

John Snort Well-Known Member
      92/93

Blog Posts:
    When martial law comes to America, there'll be civil war. To be honest I don't know how the "rebels" would fare against the military [most obviously they'd lose] but if it's a liberty or death thing the fighting will not end. As we aren't that far from the time when the government declares martial law, there could be a civil war on the horizon . . .

Keith H. likes this.
  5. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    ever since 9/11 and our own London 7/7 bombings and subsequent events, I have thought that there will be a civil war in Britain, its just a matter of time, nothing that has happened since makes me think different, and our ineffectual p.c. leaning over backward political parties don't help matters either.

Keith H. likes this.
  6. Arboreal

Arboreal Active Member
      36/47

Blog Posts:
    Thanks for all the replies, I didn't think it would be such an interesting topic.

Whoah, and I thought that poalnd has strict law about self-defence? Over here you're allowed to use even elthal force, as long as it's "proportional to the danger" (so you can kill the attacker, if there is reasonable threat of him killing or gravely harmign you).

Not really, you can expect the warring factions will take measures to differentiate between each other, so it will function more like a 'normal' war in this matter. The extra threat is that there will be an increase of non-political violence and organized crime, however.

Keith H. likes this.
  7. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    over here in Britain we can use "reasonable" force on an intruder and only when they are in the house, your not allowed to chase them down the street once they have left the property, trouble is no one can decide what reasonable force is.

Keith H. likes this.
  8. Arboreal

Arboreal Active Member
      36/47

Blog Posts:
    @lonewolf I guess that's up to the courts? I've heards some stories of them being unreasonably harsh on a homeowner in such cases, I wondered whether it's a real problem in the UK or moral panic manufactured by media? In Poland law is very strict on the kinds of weapons you can posses, but when it comes to people fending off actual attackers, the system seems working fine in vast majority of cases - I mean, they do allow you to fight back, and while there have been some misguided verdicts, the expected the burden of the proof is not unreasonably high.

Keith H. likes this.
  9. Correy

Correy Expert Member
      141/149

Blog Posts:
    While civil war is not very likely to happen where I am right now, seeing as people are too self-absorbed to react....my plan would be to make a run for it and go in the wild. Or somewhere where no one can find me. Especially if both sides of the war are equally mindlessly operating...in which case I wouldn't even bother to pick a side.
    I would propably try to dodge anything I can as long as it brings me to a place where I can have my peace, even if peace is the only thing I have.
    The problem with civil wars is that usually it's a matter that pertains all citizens, and it would be really hard to maintain a neutral stance or remain isolated from the battles when your neighbor could e.g. rat out that you've been holed up in your house for suspiciously prolonged periods of time, without getting groceries, and deduce that you have a stash and eventually lead any of the involved groups to your doorstep raiding your house.
    By even defending yourself, these people would assume that you've picked a side and "wham!" Achievement ulocked: you're now their enemy.

It's a tough situation, and I expect that the necessity of survival will show me sides of myself that I don't particularly want to live with.

Arboreal and Keith H. like this.
  10. Arboreal

Arboreal Active Member
      36/47

Blog Posts:
    Thanks for your well-informed answers, guys! I see that, judging by the poll results, nobody here has to suffer civil war at the moment, not that I expected a different outcome - wars in general don't leave much time to hang around internet forums, and I guess WiFi access isn't any good in the trenches, either ;)

11. Toast

Toast New Member
      8/23

Blog Posts:
    Well, I don't think a civil war is very likely in the USA at the moment, but maybe with our next presidential choices it's a possibility! With how the country is currently situated, and remembering the last civil war, I think the safest option would be either to flee the country, or get as far into one side as possible. Assuming I can avoid getting drafted, or picked up for war. If I could get as far north or south as possible, as long as the wars are fought among borders in the middle, I think I could be safe. Because by the time they would reach me, our side would have already surrendered. Or, alternatively, if our side wins, then I don't have to worry about anything. I don't know if this is the suggest path, and it may be considered a bit cowardly, but I think it'd be a decently sound survival plan.

Arboreal likes this.
  12. Arboreal

Arboreal Active Member
      36/47

Blog Posts:
    I don't know about the US, but in any case you'd better not count on surrender as a warranting your safety - civil wars are messy affairs and historically, if one side wins big time, they may massacre the former combatants and supporters of the other. If one gets involved into one of the factions and they lose, it's much better to get out of the country quickly. Civilians, however, are often not counted as being on either side, unless the conflict has religous, ethnic etc. character.

13. poltiregist

poltiregist Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    The U.S. is now in the grips of a hostile communist take over of our government The communist prefer to be called Democrats . They are trying to oust a duly and legally certified president through impeachment , with the hopes of being able to gain control of the government and reaching their communist dream . Right now it is in the political arena but could easily become a armed conflict between the freedom lovers and the communist . Would you take a side and fight or run and hide ?if you choose to fight on which side will you align yourself ?

Last edited: Sep 30, 2019
    TMT Tactical, randyt and Old Geezer like this.
  14. poltiregist

515/575

Blog Posts:
    To answer my own question . I would likely just wade the creek and go talk to the Colonel about joining his group of "militia " "gorilla band " . I may be seventy but am in unusually good shape for my age . I tried to join " BLACK WATER " as a mercenary a few years back . They told me I was too old but they never laid eyes on me . It was a written application .

Last edited: Sep 30, 2019
    TMT Tactical likes this.
  15. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Legendary Survivalist
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    State of Franklin
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/State_of_Franklin

During the Civil War I, we went North to fight for Lincoln, i.e. turbo-Republican / anti-slavery.
    http://teachtnhistory.org/file/The Civil War in Tennessee Activites.pdf

We were of the Over-Mountain-Men.

We seceded from the Confederacy.

Let us not forget that a conservative Republican congressman was the target of an assassination attempt.
    https://thepolitistick.com/attempted-assassination-during-republican-baseball-practice/

The next Civil War has begun. We are in it.

The new Democrat slave-owners bind their slaves with chains made of government checks. Slavery is slavery.

For me, there's no choice. Am I going to participate in the burning of the U.S. Constitution?! Such words are fighting words in-and-of themselves. "Give me Liberty or give me death." At my age, such is not much of a sacrifice. God and I may not get along so very well, however I at the very least believe in my Creator. They deny their own Creator. They pervert all that is Holy.

I was never keen on Trump. Now I kinda-sorta am. Why? Because he got the Social Democrats to come out of the closet. They've ALWAYS been anti-American! They are the legacy of the loyalists during the Revolutionary War. My folk killed them at King's Mountain. They are the Rosenbergs. They are of the Patrick Henry lot. They are traitors. And the weak among them are sheeple. The ready availability of victims causes crime and even holocausts.

Internationally speaking, they are those who sacrifice Sacred Liberty for security. They induce a deep and rare form of nausea in the depths of my soul. I do not just hate them. Something blacker than the depths of hell forms inside of me when I even consider them at a glance. They spit into the face of God. I want them to cease to exist. After this world, may they only know only darkness. Let them only hear the screaming of their fellow travelers as they descend into Hell. They kill the unborn, they kowtow to Satan's legion, they not only prostitute their souls to Big Brother, they expect others to do so also. May the Earth's oceans slosh and wash their souls out to sea.

To even contemplate these satanic salamanders makes me wish to go bathe. Wash me in your eternal Cleanliness oh Lord!

In our fight against oppression, all of God's children turn to Him.

16. watcherchris

watcherchris Legendary Survivalist
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    Well said Olde Geezer....well said.....

Watcherchris
    Not an Ishmaelite.

poltiregist and TMT Tactical like this.
  17. poltiregist

515/575

Blog Posts:
    Just a little info that might interest some . During the first U.S. civil war One of the locals rode with Quantrell . I was told by the Militia Colonel that he was one of Quantrall's main Lutenant's . After the war he returned with bags of money . He bought property that can be seen from my back deck , But I am on a mountain top and can see a long ways . On the property he bought there , is a running spring and the remains of his SPRING HOUSE where he kept his milk and such cool and the spring provided his drinking water . He was buried nearby in an old cemetery that a lot of the native rock headstones has eroded away and become unreadable .

Last edited: Oct 1, 2019
    TMT Tactical and Morgan101 like this.
  18. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good afternoon Poltiregist,

Yes, I found this interesting.

poltiregist and TMT Tactical like this.