Climate Change/global Warming. A Point Of View. Video.

Discussion in 'Climate Change' started by Keith H., Aug 25, 2018.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Keith H.

Keith H. Moderator Staff Member
      375/460

Blog Posts:
  2. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      375/460

Blog Posts:
    Ok, I watched most of it and saw the usual liberal position. It is always the same basically. If YOU are successful then you need to put a shotgun barrel in your mouth and pull the trigger with your big toe so that the rest of us (liberals) can live the good life without you messing it up.

I don't understand why these people can't understand that the ONLY way to actually cut the human carbon footprint is to KILL a great majority of the people in the nations that primarily feed the world. We all need to move into the ant piles and live in 200 square foot holes and eat almost nothing and never do ANYTHING that might give us pleasure because it might involve us leaving our cubical. We need to stop farming and raising animals for food and only eat natural growing vegetables because they are the only ones that don't increase our use of carbon based fuels.

In the end they want most of us to DIE. People don't do well locked up in prisons. I know a lot about that. These type of people want everybody ELSE to live like animals in a puppy mill so that they can live in the forest without having to put up with us. THAT is the real problem that we all face. We live in a closed environment that is rapidly being overwhelmed. The solutions for this problem are NOT going to come from trying to make the entire world like a third world country.

We are already making HUGE strides in reducing carbon from the problem and it isn't really making any difference. When I was a kid 12 miles to the gallon was an acceptable gas mileage for a car or truck. 15 0r 16 miles to the gallon was GREAT. Now even my truck gets over 20 miles to the gallon and my cars are near 30 miles to the gallon. When we go on vacation we rent cars for several reasons. On average the cars we rent get near or over 40 miles to the gallon.

The efficiency of ACs and heaters now are many times better than they were just a few years ago, houses are better insulated, windows seal better and many have tempered double pane glass in it...and STILL according to people like this there is no improvement and the world is going to end if those of us that work and have money don't stop enjoying the fruits of our labor.

I was raised in what was basically a cesspool of chemical pollution. My home was surrounded by chemical plants and refineries. The river was a brown sludge and the fish in it couldn't be eaten. Swimming was pretty nasty at times and the cancer rate where I was raised was super high. I KNOW about pollution. When I was a kid I knew what direction the wind was blowing by the SMELL. Mobil oil smelled different than Goodyear and they both were different than Dupont, Arco, Exxon, Texaco, Gulf Oil... Then you had the paper mills that stank to high heaven and used an acid wash to prepare the pulp wood for processing. This was later released into the river.

All that has changed. The river is now beautiful. The city had boat races and all sorts of things that involve the river. The air is clean and the cars don't all have the paint eaten off the roofs, hoods and trunk lids by the acid air pollution. It isn't perfect. You still have a lot of people in a small area but to listen to the idiots you would think that there hasn't been any improvement at all.

If they shut down these plants let me tell you what life will be like. Gasoline in the US will be $1o.00 a gallon BEFORE the state and local taxes are added on. People that live in the north will be looking at heating bills that will be totally impossible. Look around you where you are sitting. How much of what you see is plastic or some sort of synthetic oil based material. Forget that, it comes from oil and refineries. How does a thousand dollars a tire sound to you? Where do you think that synthetic rubber comes from? Get ready for the cost of food to go through the ROOF. The cost of growing and transporting is the majority of the cost of food. Look at your clothing and the stuff that covers your furniture and car seats. How much of it is polyester and other synthetic materials? Don't think that you will just go to wool and cotton. They would be as expensive as the synthetic materials. They don't want us raising cattle because it is cruel and besides they fart too much so leather is OUT. We don't grow cotton like we used to and there aren't enough sheep in the world to clothe people now.

The world that people like this would have us live in would be little better than hand to mouth survival. The poor would die in mass as the rest of us would be unable to support them while they sit on their collective asses. This would lead to riots and fires that would burn up their homes. I don't understand it but whenever the people in the geatos get mad they burn THEIR neighborhoods. When you are working hard and can barely support your family you are not going to put up with a government that makes your kids starve so that the poor that won't work can have a lot of kids that they will NEVER support.

The things that liberal tree huggers propose would be good for people like us. We are mostly past ready for things to change. If we ever try to go down this road it will be the lead off to armageddon. Global warming is inevitable even if every human on this planet died in their sleep tonight. Then there will be ice ages whether we are here or not. The kind of heat that they are talking about isn't a death sentence. I live in Texas we are already hot and live quite well in it. You get used to it. The people in the tropics are even hotter than we are and they live with it. If the ocean levels rise so what. Most of the cities that are build on the coasts are not worth saving anyway and it would be good for them to backup and rebuild. Maybe the people that live in New Orleans won't build in holes that are below sea level again. I could live without most of New York City, Los Angeles and Houston. We would move on adapt and thrive. That is what we in Texas have always done. Houston was built in a damn swamp and isn't much better off than New Orleans.

Old Geezer likes this.
  3. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      375/460

Blog Posts:
    A note to the folks that run the board and to the many people here that enjoy it... When you make a new topic post if there is no response for a few days it is probably because it is sitting unnoticed in the NEW category and not moved to the Recent Activity category until there is at least one response. A lot of worthwhile topics die on the vine because they went unnoticed. I try to go there every day and make a post, even when it is my topic, just to move it into the recent active category.

Old Geezer likes this.
  4. watcherchris

watcherchris Expert Member
      247/345

Blog Posts:
    This ...I found very interesting and remember much of this...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qT0pywmKWK8

Free ....no cover charge.

For me ...Climate change is a way to get into the pocketbooks of other people...make/force them into a lesser standard of living and paying more for less....

So too is Environmentalism.....favored businesses playing through unquestioned and unfavored businesses paying heavily to stay in business.

This is called "Herding" people like cattle...and getting them to believe it is good for them.

I told the Atheist/Climate changer in our crew....that the coal fired electricity plant in Yorktown, Virginia when it was up and running...the homes near it were not covered in coal soot. People were not choking and falling out near the power plant. Whatever kind of scrubbers they had in that plant worked fine.

Agree...in the end ...the solution is going to be democide...death by ones own government to maintain the planet....

Thanks,
    Watcherchris

Not an Ishmaelite.

5. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      375/460

Blog Posts:
    The thing that I have a problem with when it comes to the global warming issue is this... This is basically just like the gun control issue. How will taking the guns away from people like me that has never used one to hurt anyone and probably never will make you safer? At the same time the people that want to take the guns from the good honest people they are whining about how mean we are to the poor misunderstood people that ARE using their guns to hurt people. If we would lock up the people that used guns to hurt people FOREVER it wouldn't be long before gun related crimes would slow WAAAAYYYY down.

The problem with the global warming issue is that it seems that the brainless fools that believe this all have the same answer. Shut down America. Close the power plants that we are dependant on. Shut down the factories and mines, Move us all into ant piles and take away our cars. IF they did this...let me change that AS they are doing this today it is not helping one little bit. We are shutting down our factories and the coal mines are closing. We are doing away with coal fired power plants slowly.

Why isn't this going to do any good you ask. Because all we are doing is moving the factories to china where they make NO EFFORT whatsoever to do it as cleanly as possible. For every coal burning plant that we close here they build 5 even more polluting plants in China to power all the factories that we are shipping to them. As we close our mines they are opening their mines wide open and raping the earth. Where ours coal mines are required to limit the ecological injury and then when they are closed they are cleaned up leaving a rather pretty park land with lakes for fishing their mines are destroying the ecology for miles around. They just allow the runoff to clog their rivers.

The end game here will end up with the USA a broken place. The world will be more polluted, When we stop feeding a major part of the world the good news is that pollution won't be a big problem. World war tends to refocus peoples attentions. This time though the "free world" won't have the US manufacturing strength to arm and provision the world. We won't be able to even field an effective military. We have shut down our mines. We have shut down our oil industry. We have closed the factories. There are no masses of skilled craftsmen ready to build the ships, airplanes and weapons to fight a war. That is mostly all gone to China and Mexico. Instead of craftsmen we have middle managers that have no skill other then moving paper from one place to another as they sell the things made by people in other countries. Even our once huge automobile industry is dead. Most of the "American" cars now are actually only American made in the sense that they are ASSEMBLED here from parts made mostly elsewhere.

Meanwhile China is becoming a huge massively polluted and ever increasingly powerful nation. How does this make the world a better place? At least in the evil USA we try to operate as cleanly as possible. We do feed the world. Look at your history for a bit and THINK...what would have happened if the USA had NOT been able to join the fight in both the European and the Pacific theaters of war? What would the world be like today? What is it going to be like when this happens again and the US is just a shadow of what it once was because we shipped everything to China? What other country has the industry that can be shifted to fight that next war?

A 2 degree rise in the average global temperature over the next 50 to a 100 years or the rise of the ocean levels of a couple of feet over that same period is meaningless if the world is at war or even worse ruled by Communist red China. I hate to say this but the only country that I can see offering any real resistance to China without pulling the trigger on the nukes is Russia. That's a great alternative...

The Global warming thing is just a tool that is being used to prepare the world to fall into the hands of China.

6. Ystranc

Ystranc Master Survivalist
      277/345

Blog Posts:
    This is a subject that I've looked into a lot over the last couple of years and as far as climate change is concerned I'm keeping an open mind....there are too many conflicting theories being put about by people who are far better qualified to give an opinion.
    What I will say is that I believe that global warming and freak weather events are real whether it's politically convenient or not.
    I don't claim to know the cause, I don't know if it's a man made or natural phenomenon so I can't offer anything else, certainly not a quick fix.

7. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      375/460

Blog Posts:
    Based on what we can tell the last 500 years or so have been an unusually peaceful and mild period as far as weather and droughts. The problem of listening to the so called experts is that "one" they are usually paid to express a particular opinion and "two" a lot of the commonly quoted things are no longer current. You still run across some idiot quoting a Berkley scientist that predicts that in 5 years the polar ice will be melted to the point that the polar bears are going to go extinct. The problem with this five year prediction is that it was made 25 years ago. That's a problem. Once some so called expert makes a prediction it is forever true even when it is long past its expiration date. I am old, I remember when the Berkley scientists were predicting a world ending global winter if we went to war in Kuwait and the oil fields caught on fine and before that a prediction that the current melting rate of the polar icecap was going to mess up the circular flow of the Atlantic ocean and that also was going to push us into an ice age. This was about 35 years ago.

At some point anyone else that had made so many totally wrong predictions would be discredited but not the climate "scientists". I honestly believe that any half decent psychic could do a better job of predicting the weather over the next week than these people...much less what it is going to do years and years into the future. There was an odds maker on Las Vegas a few years ago that handicapped and bet against the predictions of the local meteorologist. He won his bets 75% of the time. That means that you could flip a coin and do better.

8. lonewolf

lonewolf Moderator Staff Member
      410/460

Blog Posts:
    I do believe in climate change, I also believe not that it is entirely man made but man influenced, I think that all the gases and pollution we have produced that have gone into the atmosphere since the industrial revolution must have had an effect on the planet, to not do so in my opinion is rather naïve.

9. watcherchris

247/345

Blog Posts:
    I was thinking we need some laws and regulations against active volcanos.

Active volcanos put out a lot of pollution and it tends to go high up into the atmosphere. They need to be stopped by regulations, laws, controls, and fined....the usual litany by "The Usual Suspects" in places of power.

What happens when you have two or three active volcanos going of on the earth at the same time?? How much pollution and bad air do they produce??? Anyone keeping track of this???

My non Ishmaelite .02,

Watcherchris

10. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      375/460

Blog Posts:
    A truly MAJOR period of vulcanization will make people WISH for global warming. In 1816 Mt. Tambora in the East indies blew up. They called that the year without a summer. It snowed in Washington DC on July the fourth and crops failed world wide. Then in 1883 Krakatoa blew up and it took until 1888 for things to get back to something close to normal. In the far past there were periods where several volcanoes went that caused small ice ages. 205 million years ago a volcanic eruption in Siberia resulted in the deaths of 90% of all living things. In general Global Warming is more of a mouse than a lion when compared to volcanic based weather changes.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2018
  11. Keith H.

Keith H. Moderator Staff Member
      375/460

Blog Posts:
    f9bc1671eaf10f15d76dc00ed26f506f.jpeg
    Keith.

12. F22 Simpilot

F22 Simpilot Active Member
      38/58

Blog Posts:
    Stopped watching after he mentions beef is a source of "global warming/climate change." Total bull shit.

Global warming/climate change." is nothing more than a religion. The North pole is melting yet the South pole is growing with ice. Earth DOES go through cycles. Just like how the celestial objects spin with their atoms. Everything has a cycle and a rhyme and reason.

They tote this shit here in the U.S. yet we have so many job crippling regulations. Yet China and India are free to pollute.

13. lonewolf

410/460

Blog Posts:
    that'll be the cow farts then!!!:p

14. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      375/460

Blog Posts:
    The thing that is causing most of the problems in the world is simple and we all know what it is even if we don't want to admit it. There are too many people and to make matters worse the lowest most useless members of our species are breeding like RATS. All over the world where people are starving you see them having more and more kids as fast as they can. In the US if you will refuse to work and have as many kids that you won't raise muchless support the government will give you everything.

If you have one or two kids and work like hell they will tax you into poverty if they can. I think that world wide we are seeing an evolutionary process starting. It is no longer survival of the fittest. It is becoming survival of the dumbest because the
    "smart" no longer have the back bone to say no to the beggars that are eating us out of house and home on a worldwide basis.

Look at what first world nations all over the world are letting "refugees" and "Illegal Aliens" do to our countries. We are sitting on our duff and letting them and our governments destroy us. If a people ceases to have what it takes to remain free and survive there will always be someone that will happily take what they have from them. Too many people and the wrong sort of people are the "pollution" that is going to destroy our world.

Seriously who most deserves to survive? The beggars that will demand and take everything, or the people that no longer have what it takes to defend even slightly what was their birthright. Too many whiners and beggars. In the end they will both die from being unfit to live when things get tough.

15. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      375/460

Blog Posts:
  16. lonewolf

410/460

Blog Posts:
    how do you stop a cow from farting? its a ruminant, it has 4 stomachs, that's a lot of gas!!!:D

17. watcherchris

247/345

Blog Posts:
    All this environmental/climate change stuff is for the purpose of "Herding" people into the next political support...for whatever political nonsense is needed.

For most nations today it is become a manner of getting people to take first place risks in their occupations/jobs while taking second, third, and fourth place in their own countries.

We saw this clearly taking place in American with Obama Care....those who could pay paid twice or more to support those who could not pay. Those who could pay were made to go through long deductibles before getting Obama Care..and those who could not went to the head of the line and got care through insurance for which someone else paid for them.

Obama Care is a prime example of government stupidity in making people who work and take risks for their livings ....taking second, third, and fourth place to those who could not afford it. This is what intelligent wise men to in making things demonic and backwards.....flip flopping a whole system for political lucre. But it did guarantee the leftists votes at election time.

Leftist progressive programs will always be one program after another to put people into involuntary bondage or servitude to allow them to keep and maintain votes on the public purse. They have to be.

In one manner or another the public working will always be required under leftist progressive legislation to take second, third, and fourth place in their own nation. This is exactly what is happening in Europe and England under their progressive leadership.
    They are in essence putting their people into bondage and involuntary servitude to save the world....to pay for the rest of the world.

This is exactly what I mean at the end of my signature when I say..."Not an Ishmaelite'

For I am well aware of the tendency of progressive governments to sneak in Ishmaelite bondage programs...involuntary servitude programs as law...for votes and power.
    And this type of bondage thinking is exactly what our school system is teaching here in America...internatioinalism...international bondage....servitude.

Ishmaelite =bondage and involuntary servitude....the exact opposite of our Government Charter under the Constitution of the Unites States.

If the readers understand this ....then you can understand why our form of government charter is an anathema to internationalists....seeking to put whole nations and people into bondage to their profits.

Internationalism = Bondage/Involuntary Servitude.

And Climate Change is exactly such an Ishmaelite/bondage/involuntary servitude program to properyly "Herd" people and nations.

And it morphed into Climate Change as a control mechanism out of the olde Environmentalism.

My .02,

Watcherchris

Not an Ishmaelite.

18. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      375/460

Blog Posts:
    The glorious socialist state of California thinks that they can rule anything. I think that at one point they tried to declare that Pi was 3 instead of 3.14159. Basically they want the rest of the states to do the dirty work and then sell them the finished products at a loss. There are lots of good people there but they are outnumbered by the nuts and fruits.

19. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Master Survivalist
      300/345

Blog Posts:
    Communists do not believe in the private ownership of land.

Communism failed.

What to do?

Go from Red to Green.

"Only regulation by centralized governments can save the planet from evil capitalism!"

"The planet is dying! The planet is dying!"

Commies disguised as Greens, "We must nationalize companies and tax/regulate the ownership of land out of existence."

Such is Utopia as seen through the eyes of adolescents with clinical depression; i.e. liberals.

20. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      375/460

Blog Posts:
    In the US you only "own" your property until the government decides that they want it then suddenly they own it. At least here when they throw you out on the street they pay you a part of what the property was worth. The same government will value your property at a hundred thousand dollars for tax purposes then only give you sixty thousand as its worth when they take it.

21. Old Geezer

300/345

Blog Posts:
    My childhood home lot is now under an interstate highway.

Our house was tiny, yet sturdy.

The guvment took our land and my dad bought back our house . Not the land, the house. A friend of my dad's was headed on an all expense paid vacation to a concrete and steel hotel for five years courtesy of the Federals. Prior to this journey, he sold some land to Dad. Dad moved the house in its entirety to said land. A basement had been dug & dynamited into the Earth. The house was moved over the divot, a foundation & tall basement walls of cinderblock were built, and the house was set down upon its new foundation. After these festivities, not one door of the house was out of alignment with its frame.

I come from stubborn people.

22. Pigpen

Pigpen Member
      16/29

Blog Posts:
    I think another thing people seem to forget is that, in a geological/world time line perspective, we are just coming out of the little ice age. Seems like it would be normal for the mean temps to continue to increase since the natural climate cycle got back to what is normal.

https://www.eh-resources.org/timeline-middle-ages/

23. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      375/460

Blog Posts:
    I think the thing that bothers me about this global warming thing is how it is being presented. They show graphs that have a huge spike but when you really look at it the change is actually tiny. If you graph a change over an hour and the actual change is less than two degrees you can make it look spectacular by setting the scale at 1/100th of a degree. They talk as if a 12" rise in ocean levels over a 25 year period as if it is a tsunami. My favorite is their repeated quoting of the disastrous effects of global warming over the next 5 years and then when you check it out the prediction was made 20 years ago and even though it still has not happened they are still quoting it as if it were imminent. I know a sales pitch when I hear one and also know what a truly scientific discussion of facts looks like. WHY are they working so hard to SELL us this pig in a poke??

24. Oldguy

Oldguy Well-Known Member
      80/115

Blog Posts:
    WHY are they working so hard to SELL us this pig in a poke??

GREED fuelled by STUPID

"STUPID" explains most problems!

25. Old Geezer

300/345

Blog Posts:
    Gaia worship is one of the sacraments of the Church of Secular Humanism.
    As I said in a reply above, the communists have gone from red to green, in their efforts to do away with capitalism.
    They seek an alternative to Christianity which they loathe. They keep trying to kill Jesus.

All this "revolutionary" talk can be boiled down to "Give us Barabbas!"

26. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      375/460

Blog Posts:
    I guess that maybe it is because I live in a place that is known for hot summers. I've seen summers where we went two weeks and went over 115F/46C every day. I live in East Texas and that wasn't normal. We did fine. It was just summer. I remember one year when every morning I got up and got online to see where the fires were that day. We don't have fires every year like California but it happens. We survived. These were all in the past and to tell the truth the last few years have been pretty nice. I have no doubt that there are going to be some hot summers in the future. I look into the past though and see a lot of things. In the 1930s the US experienced a terrible drought and hot summers. It is referred to as the dust bowl days. It was bad but it wasn't the end of the world. There WILL be hot summers, cold winters droughts and floods. This should be a given and understood fact. There was nobody to blame for these in the past but you can bet that in the future they will blame whatever happens on the US until they find a way to drag us down. Liberals world wide will never admit the....ANY truth if it doesn't feather their bed. They will lie and falsify things to twist the facts. The conservatives though are not blameless. We have sat idle and let them take over our schools and Universities and in more and more places the government. They are worse in every way than the communists that were so feared just a few decades ago.