Climate Change In Your Lifetime?

Discussion in 'Climate Change' started by Keith H., Sep 10, 2018.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Keith H.

Keith H. Moderator Staff Member
      525/575

Blog Posts:
  2. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Legendary Survivalist
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    I grew up in the American South. Oh, it can get hot.

I had an uncle tell me about one summer during the 1940s when it came a snow in June.

The Earth's magnetic fields are losing flux strength, therefore the radiation of solar winds are NOT being shunted off to the Earth's poles. The radiation can come straight on in. What happens when you put an ice cube into a microwave?!

Keith H. likes this.
  3. Oldguy

Oldguy Master Survivalist
      280/345

Blog Posts:
    Still all I hear are predictions, the same dribble that I have been hearing for more than five decades now and still no real evidence, only charlatans twisting and contorting facts to there own ends.

Fact is
    . Other than changing how the data is collected and making arbitury adjustments by phoney scientists to suit themselves the only changes are the extra dollars that get sucked out of the guilable publics pockets!

Morgan101 likes this.
  4. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    climate change very much in my lifetime, its happening now, that's why the planet is having all the storms, the landslides, the flooding and the ice melts.

Keith H. likes this.
  5. Keith H.

525/575

Blog Posts:
    I agree with lonewolf, the changes are there to see & feel. No snow this year, last year & the three previous years it didn't reach zero degrees. Already we are experiencing hot days & we are only just into spring. There are areas in Greenland that no longer have permafrost, the ground is not freezing! The first potentially dangerous organisms have been found that were once trapped beneath the ice. This could easily turn into a Pandemic in the future & we have nothing to combat this. The sea level is rising, more noticeable in some places than others.
    I don't care what anyone calls it, climate change, global warming. I don't care if people think it is just a natural once every thousand years event or if it is man made. The fact is humans are polluting our environment, the ground, our water ways & the air we breath & it has to be stopped.
    Keith.

lonewolf likes this.
  6. Keith H.

525/575

Blog Posts:
  7. Oldguy

Oldguy Master Survivalist
      280/345

Blog Posts:
    Totally agree on the pollution bit but one should remember that the planet is still melting from coming out of the last ice age, it takes thousands of years for the ice sheets to absorb enough heat to actually melt, they are still absorbing that heat now!

A few years of warm weather is not global warming it is just a few years of warmer weather!

I have been bombarded since the seventies with dire predictions like a three degree rise by the year 2000 and mass starvation caused by world wide droughts.Eighteen years past that date and food is still in abundance and it is currently floods not droughts in the news!

Floods are running to schedule, droughts are a bit worse due to local deforestation but so far all within historical normal.
    I repeat there is no evidence to show anything outside historical normal fluctuations.

Those GW believers out there need to go and learn a bit more physics and maths and then apply that to this global warming stuff and see what they get!

At the current rate of energy use we have not even reached the amount to actually register a measurable change one way or the other! It needs at least a ten fold increase in output to even start human induced global warming!
    Do the research yourself and stop relying on the word of others, you might actually get an opinion that is yours and not someone elses!

8. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    I have no doubt that the weather changes. Climate changes have always been a part of human existence and as far back as I have been able to read about in every case the people of the time were assured that it was happening because THEY were sinning. Drought destroyed most primitive civilizations and in every case it was blamed on the bad actions of the people that live there.

It just seems that humans are incapable of dealing with and understanding that crap happens. Weather patterns change and people either have to adapt of die out in that area. All over the world we find signs of huge ancient cities of amazing architecture that were just abandoned. Droughts, floods, volcanic activity, earthquakes and cyclonic storms can one and all make catastrophic changes in a local environment. In 1900 a hurricane popped up and wiped galveston Island clean. over ten thousand people were killed. Hurricanes are not a new thing.

If we cripple ourselves as people have done in the past then the change will wipe us out. If on the other hand we recognise that climate change is an inevitable fact of life we can deal with it. Seriously Keith, is no snow for a few years a serious danger to the local environment? The increase in the number of people that are starving is going to rise? That is what happens when you keep making babies when you are already starving nearly to death. The US has been feeding the world for decades. Now they want to blame us for the global warming and want us to stop all the "unnecessary" farming and stuff that we are doing. Actually it would be a good idea if we did and let a few billion useless people starve to death and only help those that will help themselves by controlling their populations.

Unfortunately people never do that. People have ALWAYS kept increasing their population until they had exhausted the resources available in their area. In the past that meant that when the distance that they could transport food took longer than that food could last the civilization in that area fell. Unfortunately we now live in a world where we have a global community and it will probably all fall this time where in the past a collapse in South America or in Southeast Asia had no effect on what was happening in Europe or North America.

There is a lot of forbidden archeology out there. There are things that you can't say but they are there and known nonetheless. One of the signs of a civilization that is nearing the fall is when the people at the bottom end of a culture start to starve. One of the ugly unspeakable things is how common cannibalism becomes a necessary part of survival. The Aztecs ripped the hearts out of thousands and offered the heart and blood to their gods. Where do you think the bodies ended up. Without a way to store meat their civilizations had crossed over into the inability to bring enough food into their cities to keep everyone fed. A series of droughts took a bad situation and pushed it over the edge. This sort of thing has been found in nearly all places where a big city based civilization was eventually abandoned.

Later addition... If I was going to place a bet on what we will be seeing in the next hundred years I would bet on a colder planet than a warmer one. In the long run the cold will be a lot harder to deal with than the heat.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2018
  9. watcherchris

watcherchris Legendary Survivalist
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    Climate change=Ishmaelite Herding

Watcherchris

Not an Ishmaelite

10. arctic bill

arctic bill Master Survivalist
      360/460

Blog Posts:
    yes i have seen great changes in my neck of the woods,1
    1) we have have wild turkeys, where as 40 years ago they were on the american border, my place is 250 north of there.
    2) they said i could never grow tomatoes or cucumbers or apples 40 years ago , i now grow all three.
    3) we used to get winter of -40 degrees f. now it is rare to see that , we usually get -20 f
    4) we never had ticks in quebec as it was just to cold. now we have them 60 miles to the south of me
    5) when i stated i was in agricultural zone 2a sub arctic now my place is classified as 3B, much warmer
    6) i used to play hockey out side on outdoor rinks in montreal. now communities are having to install refrigerated assisted outdoor rinks to keep the ice from melting during warm spells ,
    Yes i have seen great changes .
    Bill

11. TCinNC

TCinNC Well-Known Member
      80/115

Blog Posts:
    Story Time:

To shed light on ignorance, we travel back to approx 900 - 1300 AD (about 1,000 years ago). In Europe, this was the Medieval period, and also the last lengthy warming trend during human existence (and followed by the Little Ice Age from 1300 - 1850. Hmmm. So much climate change, so few cars.) Scientist may still argue over the degree of warmth and global reach of the Medieval Warming Period (MWP), but no reputable scientists disputes that it happened. One notable outcry against this scientific fact came from Michael Mann, the fabricator of the global warming "hockey stick" graph that gave us proof that we're all going to die by the year 2000 (give or take a few centuries). This graph was used by a sociopath dolt named Al Gore, whose convenient lies about global warming made him a multi-millionaire, the proceeds of which he would use to pay outrageous gas and electric bills for his Tennessee mansion while lecturing the little people on their need to use less energy, or be dead by the year 2000 (give or take a few centuries).

And now the rest of the story. As it turns out, the MWP led to an agricultural revolution in Europe. Crop yields increased, food became more plentiful, nutritious, and easier to obtain, and the population of Europe tripled in thee hundred years. More importantly, the average lifespan increased by as much as two decades. Some of the agricultural increase was from farming methods, but arguably also from longer, warmer growing seasons. The lifespan increase itself was directly related to food abundance, which doesn't require a PhD to explain why people not in a state of starvation live longer. And after the MWP came the Renaissance era (starting in 1300), when humanity flourished with advances in math, science, business, art, medicine, education, and many of humankind's classic scholars reigned. Again, little explanation required to understand why healthy bodies (from food!) result in healthy, creative, intelligent minds.

Of course, this era also ushered in the Black Plague, easily the greatest human pandemic, so not all stories have happy endings. But the point of this particular story is as follows:

1. First, we argue over whether global warming/climate change exists. We don't know. It's NOT "settled science". It's scare-mongering targeting the lowest common denominator of IQ. Real scientists on both sides make valid points. Fake scientists on the global warming side exaggerate greatly. One scientist who accepts climate change theory suggested that if saving human lives was the goal, more could be saved by killing mosquitoes than raging on about climate change. That suggestion was not well received by his peers, as their collective goal is to earn more grant money to continue studying climate change, not saving lives. Note that a scientist gets much more grant money by screaming "We're all going to die" than by saying "This looks interesting, but is currently inconclusive".

2. Second, because we don't know if global warming/climate change is real, we can't actually have a solution. Spending money to "do something" may be money ill-spent if we get the wrong result, which is the most likely outcome when we aren't absolutely sure of the problem. Congress does this to great effect, over and over, solving every perceived problem by spending money, only to find out years or decades later that it was the wrong solution. For example, just look at the money spent on education in the past half century, then explain why we're now below Malaysia in math and science.

3. Third, even if global warming/climate change is real and we have a reasonable solution, we don't know if global warming/climate change is bad. Please re-read the story above. Note that the last warming period resulted in longer life and intellectual advancement. Note that we're coming out of the Little Ice Age, a process of centuries, not of a human lifespan. Now let me add that there was a Roman Warming Period (250BC - 400AD), followed by a cooling period, before the MWP and the Little Ice Age. Do you get that there were two warming/cooling cycles over the past 2500 years? And more before that as well, and yet we still exist. And let me throw in the final thought, which is well received among scientists, that the sun is the biggest contributor to global warming/climate change. This is not meant as a trite comment to say that it's warm when it's sunny. It's a real, known, explored, scientifically sound theory regarding the connection between solar activity and climate, as evidenced by apparently similar changes on Mars, which to the best of my knowledge has no human activity.

In summary, we don't know what's happening, we shouldn't be creating "solutions" for what we don't know, and even when we think we know, we still don't know if the outcome is positive or negative. Be free of ignorance.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2018
  12. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    You don't even have to go back into history very far to see climate changes. Where I live is on a line that is related to the amount of rain we get. The county I live in is basically half dense pine forests and half rolling prairie. Pine trees need about 31 inches of rain a year to thrive. The East side of the county gets 31 and the west side gets 29. If you know trees you can walk around in the pine forest and tell that there are almost no pine trees that are over 45 years old. Something else that you will notice is that in among these forests you have little communities with names like Pine Prairie, Krabbs Prairie, Roans Prairie. Just a little research shows that 50 years ago most of these Pine forests didn't exist because it was too dry.

When I was a kid on the gulf coast we had hurricanes and tropical storms on a regular basis. Then it seemed to just stop. Idiots built houses all over the coast assuming that this was the way it would stay. Then after 15 years of quiet we got slammed several times. The climate people said SEE SEE this is the way it's going to be from now on. For 10 years no major huricane hit anywhere in the US. Now we are getting hit again and once again the idiots that rebuilt in the low area are getting wiped out and once again the global warming people are screaming SEE SEE we told you. This is like the crap about the polar icecap melting and the polar bears going extinct. Some idiot Berkeley Professor said that in five years the pole would melt and the bears would die. I am still hearing that crap even though the idiot said it TWENTY FIVE YEARS AGO.

The fact is that if the poles melted the bears wound be fine. The seals would be the ones in trouble. They hide under the ice. If they had to come on shore where the bears are a lot faster they would be easy prey and the bears would be fat.

We need to expect more from science than endless repetition of WRONG things. I'm still waiting for us all to die from the "never existed" permanent hole in the ozone layer that was going to spread and kill us all. Based on that bit of foolishness they banned the most common refrigerant and it has cost Americans over a trillion dollars so far. I'm not sure how they expected something that is 6 times heavier than air and is a stable molecule is supposed to get 40 miles up and then break down so that the Chlorine that is part of the CFC (Chlorofluorocarbon) could bind to the ozone and make it go away.

Bad science that is money motivated has replaced REAL science. Instead of starting with a question it now starts with an answer that is then "proven" no matter what has to be done even up to bald faced lies.