Coffee Crops And Global Warming

Discussion in 'News, Current Events, and Politics' started by Pragmatist, Oct 11, 2019.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good morning all,

FWIW, in yesterday's 10 October 19 Wall Street Journal - can't link; it's pay walled - was and article titled "As Temperatures Rise in Coffee's 'Bean Belt', Farmers Elsewhere Look to Expand". The subtitle intro: "By 2050 as much as 50% of area currently suitable for growing arabica coffee - the 'bean belt' - could become unsuitable due to climate change. A small faction of area currently unsuitable will be newly suitable by 2050. The remaining area in the Bean Belt is predicted to stay suitable despite climatic changes."

I like this article because I DO NOT like, nor rely upon, peer reviewed material. The peers are funded by the same source in general terms. When I read material from different sources, I pay attention.

For reasons I will not develop here, although I'm an avid coffee drinker, I will not stockpile coffee for the year 2050 and beyond.

TMT Tactical likes this.