Collapse Of Civilization

Discussion in 'News, Current Events, and Politics' started by Old Geezer, Feb 16, 2021.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    https://jonathanturley.org/2021/02/...shakespeare-to-be-removed-from-reading-lists/

"While the House managers were quoting Shakespeare in their case against President Donald Trump last week, it appears that the Bard may soon be less known than “Poor Yorick” who we once knew so well. There is a growing campaign by teachers to drop Shakespeare and other Western literature from classes. One group, #DisruptTexts, insists 'This is about White supremacy and colonization.' Lorena German, National Council of Teachers of English Anti-Racism Committee chair and a co-founder of the Disrupt Texts forum, insisted 'everything about the fact that he was a man of his time is problematic about his plays. We cannot teach Shakespeare responsibly and not disrupt the ways people are characterized and developed.'

"We previously discussed how the portrait of William Shakespeare was removed at the University of Pennsylvania’s English Department as a statement for greater racial sensitivity and diversity. Students are increasingly being deprived of such foundational classics as “Romeo and Juliet,” “Macbeth,” “King Lear” or Richard III. These are works that are not only masterpieces but shaped generations of later works and continue to be referenced in modern writing. Yet, this is a movement that has been building since 1987 when Jesse Jackson led Stanford undergraduates chanting, 'Hey, ho, Western Civ has got to go!'”

Those preppers who are learning how to live in mud huts and throw spears are going to be at the top of civilization it seems.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  2. Old Geezer

515/575

Blog Posts:
    TMT Tactical likes this.
  3. Old Geezer

515/575

Blog Posts:
    Part of the anti-Christ war against civilization, decency, advanced thought is the burning of the books of Western Civilization.

There is now a global war going on to reverse evolution and return to the animal state.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  4. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good morning Old Geezer,

My view is that both Shakespear's writings and the biased mathematics are just the fringes of the overall problem.

Our real problem is the English language. I recommend we immediatly stop talking in English, stop writing in English, road signed must be removed for replacement,......

It is time to immediately adopt Esparanto.

Any member of any organization teaching English needs re-education at a reeducation center.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  5. lonewolf

lonewolf Legendary Survivalist Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    not quite going back that far, just a basic simple lifestyle.
    collapse of civilization? its probably about time, things have got silly now.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  6. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    After the weak, stupid and hopelessly useless die off there will be plenty of places to live. For a generation or two mankind will mostly live off of the remnants of the current civilization. Why mine for metals when they are just sitting all around in the form of old cars and buildings. I don't see people falling much below a late 1700s level of civilization.

Dalewick, Old Geezer and TMT Tactical like this.
  7. watcherchris

watcherchris Legendary Survivalist
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    by Olde Geezer...

Evolution" is " the global war to reverse civilization...and return us to the animal state.

I know this because of the 180 degree demonic reversal going on in our institutes of higher learning.,

Intellect alone is not it nor the cause of civilization....

Intellects alone and man made wisdom.....is not it as evidenced by Rome...and or Greece..

These are Royal systems...variations of feudalism...a few living well off the labors and risk taking of others...

Exactly where our "Fallen" leadership is trying to take us today.....,

The real cause of Civilization and progress is hardly spoken about in institutes of higher learning such that it is easier to bring in substitute systems ...global systems....International World Systems.....World currency Fiat systems...not just in currency but other fiats as well.... et al....
    Plato, Hegel, Spinoza, Kant, Hume, et al...anything but the real causes...

The Great Reset...

Watcherchris
    Not an Ishmaelite.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  8. Old Geezer

515/575

Blog Posts:
    Initially, "developed" areas will revert to 1700s ... with mass die-offs.

Some areas looked down upon as being "country bumpkins" will actually fair best. I'd put them reverting only back to the 1920s. Ironic this. Country farmers have multiple generators -- they must.

Dairy farmers MUST have barn generators for the milking machines because they sure cannot count on continual electrical power from the grid; their power goes missing all the time. Farmers store diesel fuel, i.e. glorified kerosene.

Shoot, I must have 4 - 6 really decent kerosene lamps. I love old kerosene lamps for they were used when I was a boy. When I see an old lamp with a sturdy reservoir, I buy it -- I'm forever in antique stores. I have replacement wicks and replacement glass chimneys for them. Storm kerosene lanterns -- got them. I use "obsolete" non-power-tools all the time. God in Heaven, praised be His name, is the only Fellow who knows how many fires I've started in fireplaces. If I run out of fire-wood, I've got Mr. Chainsaw and in the forests around here, there is no shortage of dead trees that have NOT fallen onto the ground and gone to rot.

Oldest son has a new welder. Even as an old man, I could aid and assist local techies to get power-plant operations back into operation. I deeply/seriously doubt they'd need any help from the likes of me, but hey if they need some help, what the hell, I'll try). I live in a "Mr. Fixit" region -- people here do NOT run to professional repairmen unless the problem is BAD. Plus, there are plenty of professional repairmen if you have the barter. Heartland America has plenty of self-sufficient regions. Heartland America has millions of folk who are good (beyond Sharpshooter) with their rifles in their gun collections (getting one's expert's marksmanship badge is only one's beginning to get really good).

I'm a broken record, but there are regions that will NOT be utterly devastated by SHTF events. Most places however will be toast. Look at the city-folk who moved into Texas and now have gotten hit with a serious dose of winter; these dislocated sheeple are decompensating. Oops! Too bad. So sad.

watcherchris and TMT Tactical like this.
  9. lonewolf

lonewolf Legendary Survivalist Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    In the UK the collapse of civilization will be complete, about 80% of the population live in cities and large urban centres and rely on mains supplies for heat, light and cooking and on supermarkets for their food, if it dosent come out of a tap, work at the click of a switch or is on the shelf in a store, they will be lost, most do not know where their food comes from or even care. the die off will start at 80% and climb from there. most wont even know there is a problem until the store shelves are empty and the lights go off, by then it will be too late for many.
    it has been said that we in the UK, especially if one lives in a city, are 4 generations removed from the land and most have no idea of agriculture or horticultural methods, they live in the 21st Century and have 21st Century attitudes and morals.
    to survive we will have to live a pre industrial life style, anything that uses technology will be finite and will eventually fail, anything that uses fuel like generators will only last as long as the stockpile of fuel does then it will go silent and just be so much scrap metal.
    in fact life post SHTF will be mostly a quiet one, no more traffic and airplane noises, and many people wont be able to handle that either.
    some people have been committing suicide because they cant live with lockdown and being cut off from friends and their "peer group" so you can imagine how the suicide rate will sky rocket during SHTF.
    anyone with a serious drug or alcohol problem is likely to find their supply cut off and " cold turkey" or death will be the only way out. smokers will find their tobacco supply has expired especially in a country where we cant grow it.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  10. Pragmatist

485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good morning Old Geezer,

Do believe me on this; those power plant operator techies would need your help.

Two years ago I represented my rural county at the state's first exercise of emergency sheltering focused to the disabled. At an important city of national significance - Norfolk, Virginia, the home of the USN - especially the submarines - their shelter was well funded - all the $$$ comes from D.C. - and considered a top tier setup. They had "U.P.S.": Uninterrupted Power Supply.

It didn't work.

The younger Forum Members might not understand the term "broken record". Perhaps a more modern term like "torn 8 track tape ...............I'd better stop...............

Dalewick and TMT Tactical like this.
  11. Old Geezer

515/575

Blog Posts:
    An uninterrupted power supply must be such, uninterrupted. The more modern UPS (they performed such in the 1990's; I depended upon them to do so) must report its state to the processor and processor-keepers. When an UPS sees a loss, even a diminution, of its incoming power it must intelligently report such state. This function of the UPS must be occasionally tested by the things, these biologic things, referred to as "humans".

I've had several UPS devices fail. Continually test them. If they fail, replace them. Shit, my sons keep them on their "toys". Faraday isolation UPS Faraday isolation UPS Faraday isolation UPS Faraday isolation UPS Faraday isolation UPS Faraday isolation UPS Faraday isolation UPS Faraday isolation UPS Faraday isolation UPS Faraday isolation UPS Faraday isolation UPS Faraday isolation UPS -- and then there is more, much more. Oh do I have stories.

Grounding = huge rods driven deep into the earth

When notification is received, the system under control must be returned to "Safe State" prior to the compromise of backup. Safe state can be automated; however, these human thingies must be brought onboard to ensure that matters are put to rights. All equipment must be returned to a safe state. One must be obsessive to the maximum degree. If one is not a bit crazy-obsessive, then they should leave such matters to others.

In the case of industry, back-up power is god-awful POWER -- train-engine power-plants with tall towers of diesel fuel. Industry has superior back-up plans to hospitals. I find this rather tragic.

I have personally conducted tests of EMP attack. I've held a lightning-bolt generator in my hands -- looked and felt just like an Steyr AUG bullpup rifle -- and thrown over 35,000 Volts into electronic equipment to see if I could kill it. The electronics survived! This wasn't my regular job, but I simply had to do it. What joy! Screw EMP, we won!!!!!!!!! F### Ivan!!!

TMT Tactical likes this.
  12. Pragmatist

485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good morning Old Geezer,

Important: "Industry has superior back-up plans than hospitals" !

We beat the EMP dangers. The mosquitos continue to thank us.

All of this has common denominators and a big one is GOVERNMENT.

TMT Tactical and watcherchris like this.
  13. poltiregist

poltiregist Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    The economic stability of nations around the planet is unknown to me . What I do know my country " the U.S. " is spending money like a drunken sailor . They are simply manufacturing money out of thin air to throw out to the little people like beads at the Marti Gou . They borrow money from other countries with the intention of repaying it with inflated and vastly less valuable money than what they borrowed . The powers in charge seem desperate to usher in the one world government monetary system " agenda 21 " . It appears those in charge of my country know we are hopelessly in debt and are trying to capture as much control over the planet as possible before the collapse and the " One World Government " dream becomes their reality . Thus their hatred for Donald Trump . --- This is the real reason for the bill now pending to make owning firearm or amo illegal or the bill pending to make growing a backyard garden illegal . To completely control the little people the " agenda 21 " advocates need people to be completely dependent on the government including what food they are allowed to consume . --- My personal opinion however I think this plan will lead to a global communist government but economically it will send those caught up in the web on a free fall as the citizens of Venezuela experienced . --- On an individual level I see three possible outcomes Civil War , bondage , or self sufficiency . I have chosen self sufficiency .

1. Dalewick
      Is the bill to make gardens illegal state or fed? Hadn't heard about that. Thanks! Dale

Dalewick, Feb 21, 2021 at 11:33 AM
      poltiregist likes this.
  14. poltiregist

poltiregist Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    Dalewick this is bill HR 875 and is federal . You can find it on google . I just reviewed the bill and am not sure if this bill is already dead or has been revived , since the Free U.S. fell . Either way though this shows the intention of those that proclaimed they now run the U.S. . If I am not mistaken even North Korea and communist China allow their citizens to grow food .

Dalewick likes this.
  15. Dalewick

Dalewick Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    Poltiregist, I read HR 875 and it's rewrite HR961 and the original 875 of wanting a new agency seems dead and 961 seems to be prohibiting the sale of horse meat in the US which already exist.

Dale

poltiregist likes this.