Collapsing Of The United States

Discussion in 'News, Current Events, and Politics' started by poltiregist, Jun 18, 2020.

0/5, 0 votes

1. varuna

varuna Tree killer & a cat person
      380/460

Blog Posts:
    The Byzantine was the Imperium Romanum. For all purpose & intent the Byzantine was the SPQR after the fall of the western half. The notion of separating the western half vs the eastern half was 19th century practice of historian (a bad practice for that matter)

TMT Tactical likes this.
  2. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    you can interpret history any way you see fit, I just know that the Roman Empire ceased to be of an importance in my country around 410AD.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  3. varuna

380/460

Blog Posts:
    There is a fundamental difference between "interpreting" vs "stating it as is". Just because they stop having influence or control over any given region / area doesn't made them no longer imperial power let alone institutionally disappear altogether.
    Personally I still doesn't understand the Roman expansion into British isle, it serve them no purpose (is there anything worthy in British Isle at the time?), and only end up wasting precious resources.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  4. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    tin, gold, lead were all to be found in Britain at that time plus extra land to add to the empire plus slaves .
    The Roman Empire ceased to exist as such once they were invaded , not sure what happened in the Eastern province but saying the Roman Empire still existed in the 1400s is stretching it a bit.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  5. poltiregist

poltiregist Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    In my E-mail a tweet from Donald Trump . He says the media doesn't get to decide who the winner of the election is . ---- So he isn't giving in to the communist coup .

wally and TMT Tactical like this.
  6. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    its not over until all the votes are counted and all the law suits are resolved.

wally, TMT Tactical and poltiregist like this.
  7. Max rigger

Max rigger Master Survivalist
      415/460

Blog Posts:
    If Trump had any decency he'd accept he's had a whipping and pack his bags. No matter what legal shite he tries he's lost.

Any bets on how long Melania will stay with him or are her hands tied with a low payout pre-nup and she'll have to wait until he has one big mac too many?

When will the tax folk get a grip on him?

Any guesses how long before he's charged with one or more of the many alleged cases of sexual misconduct that I've no doubt at all he's going to be hit with?

I watched Biden last night and it was refreshing to see a crowd of folk wearing masks, smiling, waving flags/banners, laughing, singing and not a gun in sight, truly wonderful to see. No disgusting hate inspiring rhetoric from Biden just a lot of common sense.

8. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good afternoon Varuna,

It's worth taking a glance at the Holy Roman Empire.

Charlemane was made chief honcho on Christmas Day, 800 by HH the Pope.

There probalby was some overlap with the original Roman Empire but still worth checking out.

9. Pragmatist

485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good afternoon Max,'

It's bsic SOP - Standard Operating Procedure - to send this to the courts.

There's a reason furtunes were spent to load up the Supremes with locals. They are a key legislative chamber.

As far as sex changes and tax charges go, remember Trump is one of the world's most powerful human beings. His teams have files on all his opponents.

You saw what what broadcast to you.

The last 5 days had my biggest worry being about some spark igniting into a major flareup in the Taiwan Strait or eastern Med.

10. Max rigger

415/460

Blog Posts:
    I'm well aware what SOP is LOL

The sex charges (not changes) I think will happen, he's got away with an awful lot in the past but now the world will be a very different place for him.

Removed from office Trump is a very very minor billionaire who's empire has taken a hit and on a good day he's worth well under $3B and he's certainly not one of the worlds most powerful human beings by a very long shot.

In 2019 he was number 259 on the list of American billionaires and 715 on the global wealth list so a very minor player.

I do know I've had zoom calls with American friends and they are all happier today than last week and that includes one life long republican who voted for Biden...he's never voted democrat before but decided Trump had to go; he'll vote republican in four years time I've no doubt.

Keep safe.

11. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Legendary Survivalist
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    I like seeing Trump fight. He is a man and not a limp-wrist. Illegal operations put Kamala into power, so he's not just going to lie down and take it like some European serf.

But maybe he should leave. Maybe America and all Western nations for that matter need to get punished by the enemies of God. The aggressive scum and the sheeple of America have turned their backs on God. Maybe without the Almighty's protection, America will get what it really needs and that is a high enema of Drano and broken glass.

Across the Pond, the rape gangs get to use English girls for fun and profit. London is trying to ban sharp objects due to their inability to crack down on the savages that have been let ooze into England. The castrated populace is not allowed to defend themselves. Brilliant!

Defunding the police is showing great progress in Los Angeles. Here's an article I found this morning:

https://www.breitbart.com/crime/202...s-homicide-division-due-to-defund-the-police/

"The Los Angeles Police Department (LAPD) will stop responding to traffic collisions, and will downsize its homicide and robbery divisions, thanks to new budget cuts championed by Mayor Eric Garcetti in response to demands to 'defund the police.'

"Although specific figures weren’t available Friday, the reshuffling will reduce the size of the vaunted but troubled Metropolitan Division, as well as cut the air support, robbery and homicide and gang and narcotics divisions.

"[The cuts] also come as homicides and shootings soar to levels not seen in the city in a decade, ratcheting up concerns in some communities that the changes could cost lives. Homicides are up by about 25% this year, compared with last, putting the city on pace to surpass 300 killings for the first time since 2009.

"In June, with riots still raging in the city, Garcetti promised to cut the police budget by up to $150 million — more than 10% of the total — as part of an effort to redistribute the funds to 'communities of color' through various organizations and projects."

Isn't this just absolutely beautiful! But wait, this is just the beginning. When the new president wearing a Che t-shirt is in power, that person will not send in Federal officers even when the mayhem goes turbo. The civilized of urban and suburban areas will be at the mercy of those who are incapable of controlling their glandular activities. If any citizens attempt to defend themselves with a firearm, they will go to jail and they will not be released the next day as are the peaceful protesting arsonists. One day, L.A.'s massive drain channels will run red with blood. Hurrah!

This will all be great progress. Amerikans deserve progress. I'm deeply hoping that progressive professors get to meet-up with the oppressed guys who they help get released from prison -- many thanks from the tattoos and the shanks.

https://www.nydailynews.com/news/na...arged-killing-unc-professor-article-1.1879477

Last edited: Nov 8, 2020
    wally and poltiregist like this.
  12. Pragmatist

485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good afternoon Max,

Others here do not know all the standard abbreviations.

You're not familiar with American politics. I am.

Wait 'till Little St James Island returns to the news. The island is also known as "Orgy Island". It's off of east end of St Thomas, US Virgin Island. A US President and some British personalities were photographed there. Eric "Poncho Villa" Holder, Obama's Attorney General could return to the news regarding some small arms delivered to Mexican drug lords. Some were traced to murders of US citizens. Obama's original and real birth certificate could show info not pleasant to some.

I have some ophthalmological and optical ailments. I do check my work but miss much.

A good oxymoron: "very minor billionaire".

There's about 2 to 3 months to see what happens.

randyt, wally and TMT Tactical like this.
  13. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
  14. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    https://newstalk1130.iheart.com/fea...wfully-altered-thousands-of-absentee-ballots/

"County and municipal clerks and poll workers across Wisconsin may have unlawfully altered witness statements on thousands of mail-in ballots across the state, 'The Dan O'Donnell Show' has learned."

Hey, somebody has to fill out the ballots "correctly", right?! No, Left.

One wonders if they "helped repair" incomplete ballots for Trump voters. I have some "waterfront" property in Florida if you think that they did.

15. Max rigger

415/460

Blog Posts:
    I'm counting the days now before heading back to work but I've book marked a lot of threads off this forum and I'll look back in a year or three to see how things panned out; for America's sake I hope you are proven wrong (Doubt you'd believe that though).

Its quite depressing to see a man like yourself capable of writing good posts peppering them with unfounded nonsense such as Obama's birth certificate...very depressing actually seeing what Biden is going up against :(

Anyway, I made meat and potato pies today so I'm popping a couple in the oven to go with pickle beetroot and cold beer. :)

16. varuna

380/460

Blog Posts:
    Charlemagne was only brought in as.... I'm not sure the right wording maybe Head Honcho for the Antipope is indeed appropriate term. They just pick a name that relatable to past glory to legitimize themselves, and ignoring that the SPQR still exist & kicking in the east during Charlemagne time . Institutionally it has ties whatsoever to the Imperium Romanum. I personally doesn't see The Holy Roman Empire to be the successor state of the Carolingian despite the similarity in nomenclature (the ties is just too murky)

17. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    Ah, the max arrogance of youth.

“The young man pities his elders, fearing the day he, too, will join their ranks. The elderly man pities the younger generation, well-knowing the trials and tribulations that lie ahead of them.”
    ― Lynda I Fisher

“I'm too old to know everything”
    ― Oscar Wilde

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
    -- H. L. Mencken

"Learning and innovation go hand in hand. The arrogance of success is to think that what you did yesterday will be sufficient for tomorrow."
    -- William Pollard

"There are two kinds of pride, both good and bad. 'Good pride' represents our dignity and self-respect. 'Bad pride' is the deadly sin of superiority that reeks of conceit and arrogance."
    -- John C. Maxwell.

18. varuna

380/460

Blog Posts:
    And why does anyone in such non violence gathering event even need to bring any gun? More so if it were Gun Free Zone. Pretty sure there will expansion of Gun Free Zone in Harris administration in order to maintain proper Law & Order

wally likes this.
  19. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    Biden at his best:

20. Pragmatist

485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good afternoon Max,

Much - can I say "most" - of the US major dangers are less about policy planks than controlling the economic aspects of the several big matters of the US Government.

The problems are existential economic matters. They are extremely difficult to solve.

Max, I'm guessing you missed my point. It would be a quid pro quo threat if Trump is to be charged with any sex charges. Orgy Island, US Virgin Islands would also be a reminder to the opposition camp. There are dozens of these matters, from insider trading on Wall Street to USG contracts given to friends.

My hope is for the US to recover from its dangerous economic situation, both domestic and international. I just don't think Harris can close down the overall welfare state and inject austerity into the US society. I've been impressed with the Trump actions.

Who knows the answer ?!

21. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    Neither hope nor prayer will save a people from the inevitable.

The prophesies of multiple major religions have said that there would come an end time when the entire world would be put to grave judgement.

We are now in those days.

wally, poltiregist and TMT Tactical like this.
  22. Pragmatist

485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good afternoon Varuna,

True, much hagiology going on. Still does.

When Pope Leo appointed Charlemagne to the job as emperor of the West, it did represent something.

The Popes were not trying to legitimize their government. They were already established.

Julian had abandoned Christianity about 500 years prior to the new job given to Charlesmagne. Can you plot a trend of doctrine taking place ?

With or without murky ties, what was expanding and what was fading from the scene ?

23. Pragmatist

485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good afternoon Varuna,

In Virginia, all public schools, to include their parking lots and driveways, are gun free zones.

I recommend you wear body armor if visiting some of these gun free public schools.

TMT Tactical and wally like this.
  24. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
  25. varuna

380/460

Blog Posts:
    Why should one need ballistic protection when there isn't any gun to be worry about (Gun Free Zone)?

Last edited: Nov 9, 2020
    TMT Tactical likes this.
  26. Pragmatist

485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good morning Varuna,

Come to think of it - so true - Why worry ?

"Better living through chemistry"

TMT Tactical likes this.
  27. wally

wally Master Survivalist
      280/345

Blog Posts:
    in fate of empires they broken the roman empire into 2 peices one as the republic and the other i forget each piece was about 250 years long....

TMT Tactical likes this.
  28. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    they ceased to exist as an Empire about the time the Vandals and Goths invaded.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  29. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    A big boo-boo Rome made was to enslave Germanic tribes. When enslaving other humans, do NOT pick smart ones, especially not ones with the ability/discipline to develop advanced military skills. In Rome, the enslaved northern peoples learned Roman engineering and then advanced it. Rome became dependent on the northern-blooded as part of their technical infrastructure. Meanwhile these people had been buying their way out of slavery. Sure Rome was attacked from the northern Germanic tribes, however they were well on their way to being conquered internally.

When America was building its transcontinental railroads, the lines originating in California heading east brought in Chinese labor and paid them slave wages -- much of this money the Chinese laborers sent back home to China. When the Americas got finished with the Chinese, they wanted them gone. The Chinese were shoved into ghettos and there was no shortage of anti-Chinese vigilante crews who perpetually attacked and murdered them. There were many fires set in the ghettos to burn them to death. These evil efforts made the Chinese stronger. They learned our ways, how we engineer our society, and now it is the Chinese who are the curve-busters. There exist quota systems at American universities, the end-results of which, LOWER the number of Chinese Americans. Communist Chinese get into Leftist universities without problem.

Oppression makes stronger those people who innately possess intelligence and strong will.

WWII, after we crushed Japan, General MacArthur was sent in to occupy and pick up the pieces as best he could. The entire country of Japan had been destroyed, the nukes we dropped / the two cities annihilated, were a drop in the bucket. Japan had been destroyed, top to bottom -- raw devastation.

General MacArthur brought in American engineers. MacArthur had been ordered NOT to allow Japan to become a military power, yet nobody wanted Japan to be a drain on America, thus the Japanese had to have some sort of self-sufficiency. At least one American engineer pushed for electronics as the industry of choice. MacArthur figured they couldn't do any damage to America if all they did was build electronic crap.

Meet Homer Sarasohn:

https://quality-history.blogspot.com/2007/10/how-general-macarthur-allowed-japan-to.html

TMT Tactical, wally and poltiregist like this.
  30. poltiregist

515/575

Blog Posts:
    The day of the prepper is now upon us . Over the next months as the One World Globalist destroy the world as we know it poverty and destruction by people that have succumbed to animalistic behavior will become even more common place . If the United States Coup succeeds then we in the U.S. can expect taxes and property seizures often based on what race you are . Our information feed through television is now so corrupt and dishonest that even North Korea' leader would approve . The result is an spiral down quite possibly even more dire than what the citizens of Venezuela now face . They have ate their pets so I am not sure what is next for them . ---- If the Coup attempt fails then we can expect a Civil War with the Communist nations backing the overthrow of the United States . ---- Either one of the above outcomes means not a slow down of the supply chain but a complete cut off of the supply chain. With no goods to sell stores will simply close . Preppers that didn't prepare for self sufficiency will be in a bind . Again look at Venezuela to see the future . Once their government system collapsed they stayed there . I am not sure how long they have been in the sewer but I am sure at least a decade with no change in sight .---- Now for the rest of the planet . Once the One World Globelest have conquered the United States they will be coming for the rest of the planet to conquer . Which country will be next on their list I don't know but expect them to target easy targets where the people are disarmed and already indoctrinated into believing the propaganda feed to them .

Rebecca, TMT Tactical and randyt like this.
  31. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    "Again look at Venezuela to see the future ."

Yes, spot-on.

The MSM swept the collapse of Cuba under the rug. Now they are trying to do the same with Venezuela.

Me, I think that the power of Russia and China are at best, facades. Neglect of societal under-pinnings is bringing down all of the nations of this planet.

As other countries attempt to bring-down the former-USA, they should look over their shoulder to witness the collapse of their own country. Even the Soros ilk of demons will scream and melt, I do believe. Maybe America's enemies wish to drag us down into the abyss with them. The devolution of the nation into Amerika seems to be a malignancy entering its tertiary stages. Surgery and chemo will be required. The urban areas will have to be cut out and the communist universities will have to be bleached of their propaganda professors and their Stalinist staph staff.

When things go genuinely sideways -- and I'm talking about all of human history -- wars light up like dry prairies and forests during lightning storms.

upload_2020-11-9_12-37-46.png

TMT Tactical, poltiregist and wally like this.
  32. Max rigger

415/460

Blog Posts:
    Enough Trump supporters turned armed to peaceful demonstration recently so it was nice to see people relaxed and happy. You can't strip Americans of their guns, way too late for that but hopefully they will learn you don't need an assault rifle at a demo, thats potentially dangerous and just makes them look like a bunch of dumb rednecks...especially when they speak LOL

33. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    https://www.truthandaction.org/new-...eizure-of-patriot-land-to-start-revolution/2/

"A new armed hard-left communist “protest” cell in Philadelphia is calling for the death of police, property seizures, and a full out revolution. A revolution they believe is required in order to protect the rights of Muslims and build a Marxist nation. The irony that a communist nation has no room for any religions being completely lost on these volatile fools. Islam is merely one of the transiting tool from democracy to slavery, freedom to subjection."

Sounds like a bunch of dumb red-scarves to me.

Looks like the red-scarves are a bunch of rednecks if one uses toady's sheeple definition. They show up with their assault rifles = "instant redneck", that is what we've heard the sycophants say, right?!

Also looks like a second generation of the Black Panthers are out.

0f7111d20bc4034653df43603aa230a0.jpeg

Last edited: Nov 9, 2020
  34. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
  35. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:

In the following photo, the Che-wanna-be standing photo-right with the drum magazine was in Charlettesville 2017. He's wearing the sun glasses, blue shirt, commie scarf. In the following photo, he's out on the Pacific coast. Antifa is sending out armed organizers. Coast to coast, Anitifa's goal is armed insurrection. The MSM moguls are on their side.

36. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
  37. wally

wally Master Survivalist
      280/345

Blog Posts:
    when does the civil war start?

Dalewick likes this.
    1. Old Geezer
      Brother, it already has. We are only at the "warm" level, things will get hot, then go Belfast coast to coast. There will be a few battle confrontations, but most of what will be going down will be street shootings, assassinations, and isolated bombings. Antifa has been training with pro-Palestinian terrorist groups, however not in large scale. Antifa trainers will have to train first, then return to America to form terror educational cells. This has a ways to go. Antifa has been revving-up BLM protests. Black revolutionaries are not at all thrilled with the Antifa pencil-necked middle-class college boys trying to tell them what to do. I doubt that BLM will go with the use of explosives, however some Antifa may do so. BLM will move into the suburbs to make their point.

Old Geezer, Nov 9, 2020
  38. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    As I've said too many times before (I am obviously a broken record), I think it will take an economic DEEP recession (far worse than 2008) or an out and out dollar collapse to really cap this dynamite.

If a Kamala regime actually does defund police, then the process will be sped-up. Further defunding will result in police leaving in droves -- many are leaving / retiring now, however I'm talking mass job walk-offs. The "blue flu" will be pandemic and disabling to the maintenance of order -- especially given that violent crime rates are already soaring back to the out-and-out cocaine wars era. All of the progress in lowering violent urban crime has now been lost.

Add economic knee-snapping (say more Chinacovid lockdowns) to this mix and all bets are off. We preppers must NOT get mixed up in this. Too late to decide to start prepping now -- those doors are slammed shut.

Non-members who are reading us on this site and trying to do last-minute preps, I don't know what to say to them. Maybe one of us could attempt to start some new string for them. I encourage members to do so, but gee-golly-gosh what to say?! I have some ideas, yet ... it really is nasty out there. And ladies and gentlemen, I am tired to my soul. The wife and I just have a ton of stuff on us right now. I've been writing too much here. I wish I could just pull up stakes and move closer to my progeny. I think we preppers are all now simply making last minute preps / this'n'thats. I bought us a new generator. I'd given my best one to a son living in another state.

I have some ideas for new preppers, but given how close we are to this country going to the dogs, I don't think that they could now get to where they need to be before the SHTF. Run out and buy this or that firearm -- should I say that? No. They've no time to become proficient. They'd have to buy off-calibers because the ammo for standardly available calibers is all sold out. I could tell them to go out and buy rice and beans. Teach them how to raise a garden next year? I don't think so.

Time to rest for this old geezer. Have a few things in the house to fix. Let's all really celebrate Christmas this year, it may be our last for the next few coming years. Christmas 2021 is going to be bleak.

39. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
  40. Dalewick

Dalewick Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    If the courts see the evidence as is and President Trump defeats the current coup (AKA Voting fraud) then when the riots start, the rioters will be in for a big surprise. He has already taken the initial steps for invoking the insurrection act. If they want blood so bad, there going to get it. There own!

Dale

41. Max rigger

415/460

Blog Posts:
    Dumb shites come in all colours, Dumb is not some 'white privilege.'

TMT Tactical and lonewolf like this.
  42. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    Dumb isnt a colour, its a state of mind.

43. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    Dumb or smart has to do with number of brain cells, their configuration, and distribution.

The maximum learning level a human being can achieve is as genetic as how tall they can become, what eye color they will have, whether they will be endomorph/ectomorph/mesomorph, ..., the brain is as physical as a kidney. While the human soul in in the material world its expression is dependent on the physical brain. When a baby is living within his/her mother's body, the placenta determines whether the baby will develop or not. We move from dependency on the placenta, to dependency on the brain, to the dependency on God.

In the physical world, a person must have a solid nuclear family. The child must be disciplined or it will simply grow up to be ignorant and violent. The intellectual capabilities/potential of that child however were set at the moment of the child's conception. We humans require both a decent brain and external discipline to shape us into something generally referred to as "civilized".

https://www.newscientist.com/article/dn1520-iq-is-inherited-suggests-twin-study/

44. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    the "nuclear" family in most western countries no longer exists or exists in small numbers, broken and single parent families are now the norm and have been for some time.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  45. Max rigger

415/460

Blog Posts:
    Depends how you look at it, a person with an IQ of 100 who's raised in a good environment and receives a good education will more than likely do better than the guy or gal with an IQ of 130 who's poorly educated and grows up in a ghetto. The person who's DNA says grow to 6'4" but gets a poor diet won't get past 6'. So many variables that can detract from our potential capabilities.

You think God designed us to be dependent upon her? No way, she gave us freedom to choose how we live our lives and how we treat our fellow man. Being dependent like that would be a flaw in her design and she don't make mistakes...we do though but then...she made us free to make those mistakes.

46. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    Yes and that is why order is disappearing and chaos is showing up.

wally, TMT Tactical and lonewolf like this.
  47. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    We are expected to be independent. The material world is designed to separate the wheat from the chaff.

In our treatment of our fellow humans, should we enable and protect the lazy and the aggressive, which is to say the chaff, then we disrupt the natural order of things and bring disorder to that which had been ordered.

Socialist principles enable and strengthen those who are, by their own actions, damaged.

"Many are called but few are chosen."

We are called to provide charity, ourselves. We, everyone who is able, PERSONALLY should contribute. Professionals such as physicians and attorneys have historically allocated 10% of their work pro bono. Therefore we give to agencies such as the Salvation Army, for they at least keep God's name on their lips. False religious leaders, scam charitable organizations, and corrupt government (a bit redundant using the word "corrupt", government always goes corrupt) fritter-away your hard-earned dollars on their own aggrandizement. Such fraudulent organizations must be publicly crushed, this so as to instill raw disabling fear in the hearts of others who would follow in such evil.

A civilized society must show zero mercy to those who exhibit abuse towards civilized behavior.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  48. poltiregist

515/575

Blog Posts:
    Well said . I will also add this is often an inherited trait . Genetic characteristics is why scouts for athletic ability like to take a look at the offspring of successful athletes . The breeders of animals look for good blooded animals if they want the offspring to be similar to their parents . The brain is physical therefore is also an inherited trait . Someone might go to college and obtain an list of papers proclaiming he or she went to school but the truth is their brain is still only as good as the day that person was born . --- To a degree personality is also inherited , again because of the brain . We can look around the globe and it isn't hard to find different groups behaving in different manners . --- This certainly isn't a socially acceptable thing to say these days but I am going to speak the truth anyway .

TMT Tactical likes this.
  49. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    I hate that humans are what they are.

I would have them be more, much more.

The level of evolution to which we featherless, two-legged creatures have attained is the very sweet-spot of the perpetual existential angst we endure. Notice that I left out the word "must" -- I could have said, "angst we must endure". I said that not and I live that not. I avoid God's tedious tests whenever I can secret myself away from them. I've passed my bloody tests, I have -- I've filled-in all the boxes and made sure to dot my "i"s. I've stood up to the Old Fellow and told Him that further testing will reveal nothing more to Him nor me.

Were that we were smarter, one imagines some relief. Bore me not with observations such as, "Were we smarter, we'd only generate more questions." How cute, have said that before; but if memory serves me, it was several centuries ago that such shallow rhetoric slipped from my youthful soul's tongue. Or maybe I was conversing with Oscar Wilde (shame about his proclivities, what a great fellow!). No, I now navigate the ethereal and thus give myself permission to imagine us smarter and maybe even happy in being so.

Ephemeral these imaginings.

Gossamer, watch them waft away on a morning's breeze.

For blessed not are we where it is we now stand, bereft of needed cranial content and angry at a world of our own making. Praised be God that we are yet incapable of attempting to effect some better wiring between our ears, for assuredly we would turn ourselves into some monstrosity exceeding anything Mary Shelley's imagination could have generated even were she suffering some hellish fever.

We are stuck here in this sick situation. All that we can do is watch the tornado approach. "Martha, get the kids in the cellar! Quick woman!!!"

Disgusted it is that I am of my own self. To look about and see worse is, quite frankly, a bit much. Do I wish to run out and educate? No. What good would that do? Rather late, isn't it.

It would appear that the Creator of the hoi poloi -- which is to say, my Creator also -- was still working on our design while the flaws of our current Beta release were generating a critical mass of circumstance, a fulminating one at that. People are quick to forgive their Creator. I look up and stare. Were I to spew a stream of curses, they would likely be met with silence as have all of my words positive and negative.

Then again, He could put a cigarette out on me.

Could it not be that it is the catatonic patient who has solved the essential questions of life.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  50. Pragmatist

485/575

Blog Posts:
    "Consciousness is a disease."

Miguel de Unamuno, "The Tragic Sense of Life", 1912

Old Geezer and TMT Tactical like this.