Colt Stops Production Of Long Guns For Civilians

Discussion in 'Guns, Knives, Tools, Etc.' started by Sonofliberty, Sep 12, 2019.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Sonofliberty

Sonofliberty Master Survivalist
      407/460

Blog Posts:

I was actually looking for a colt 1911. Now, if I still get a 1911 style, it will be from another company. I will never buy anything Colt. New or used.

TMT Tactical and EarlyMarksman like this.
  2. EarlyMarksman

EarlyMarksman Master Survivalist
      262/345

Blog Posts:
    I'd say they are lying through their teeth. If they really are in such a financial crisis then putting their weapons on retail would be a better choice than trying to beg for military contracts.
    Or maybe I'm completely wrong. Either way, it's quite fishy when you stop selling to civilians after the recent gun control controversy.
    Even Walmart stopped selling ammunition to anyone under the age of 21 and now they are about to withdraw all handgun ammunition from their stores as well.
    Also we saw Dick's Sporting Goods take the sheepish way out a few years back as well.
    Maybe Colt is bending to the will of the mass collective like an obedient dog?

TMT Tactical and Sonofliberty like this.
  3. Sourdough

Sourdough "eleutheromaniac"
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    so, word is its a slow down for 60 days the guy at RSR has supposedly been fired for sending out that email and colt has told RSR to release a statement on that. waiting to see when and if that happens.

Im hearing they are have orders for civilian production for this November with a big push for more of the SOCOM models

Extracted from the "Colt Forum"

TMT Tactical and Sonofliberty like this.
  4. TMT Tactical

TMT Tactical The Great Lizard ! Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    None of my news sites are reporting anything about Colt, so I will have to reserve judgement.

5. Sonofliberty

Sonofliberty Master Survivalist
      407/460

Blog Posts:
    https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/colt-halts-sales-of-long-guns-to-the-retail-market/

The main source seems to be an email sent from a wholesaler RSR Group

TMT Tactical likes this.
  6. Snyper

Snyper Master Survivalist
      330/345

Blog Posts:
    They are dedicating all production to fill Govt orders.
    There will be delays in restocking civilian retail outlets.
    They have done this before.
    They are not ending sales to civilians.