Colt Suspending Production Of Ar-15 For Civilians

Discussion in 'News, Current Events, and Politics' started by LastOutlaw, Sep 19, 2019.

0/5, 0 votes

1. LastOutlaw

LastOutlaw Legendary Survivalist
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    https://www.foxnews.com/us/colt-suspending-production-of-ar-15-for-civilians

Colt suspending production of AR-15 for civilians
    By Louis Casiano | Fox News

The venerable gun manufacturer Colt is suspending production of the popular and controversial AR-15 and other long rifles for civilian use, as lawmakers continue the fraught gun debate following a series of mass shootings.

The company's president and chief executive, Dennis Veilleux, said that the consumer market has "experienced significant excess manufacturing capacity," and that Colt believes there are enough rifles on the market for the foreseeable future.

Colt will instead focus on fulfilling military and law enforcement contracts.

ARIZONA GUN STORE'S 'BETO SPECIAL' SELLS OUT IN FOUR HOURS

"Currently, these high-volume contracts are absorbing all of Colt’s manufacturing capacity for rifles," Veilleux said in a statement. "We believe it is good sense to follow consumer demand and to adjust as market dynamics change."

e12b3d4c131be80aa95c11aa49e25ca6.jpeg
    In this Aug. 15, 2012, photo, three variations of the AR-15 rifle are displayed at the California Department of Justice in Sacramento, Calif. (AP Photo/Rich Pedroncelli, File)

Veilleux reaffirmed the Connecticut-based company's commitment to the consumer market and the Second Amendment. He said Colt would still supply revolvers and pistols and is expanding its network of dealers.

"Colt has been a stout supporter of the Second Amendment for over 180 years, remains so, and will continue to provide its customers with the finest quality firearms in the world," he said.

The move comes as gun manufacturers and dealers have come under intense pressure following a series of lethal shooting sprees involving AR-15-style weapons. Democratic White House contender Beto O'Rourke, who's from El Paso, Texas, where one of those massacres occurred, said recently that would confiscate military-style weapons from gun owners if he captures the presidency.

CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP

"Yes," said O'Rourke, who doubled down on his position during a recent appearance on CNN's "Cuomo Prime Time, "When it comes to AR-15s and AK-47s, weapons designed for use on a military battlefield, the high-impact, high-velocity round that is fired from those weapons. When it comes to those weapons ... the answer is yes."

Walmart recently announced it would stop selling handguns in Alaska and short-barrel rifle and handgun ammunition nationwide. Dick's Sporting Goods pulled hunting rifles from 125 of its stores earlier this year.

Fox News media reporter Joseph A. Wulfsohn contributed to this report.

Radar and TMT Tactical like this.
  2. LastOutlaw

510/575

Blog Posts:
    I hope people boycott all of their other weapons. They were way overpriced anyway.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  3. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Legendary Survivalist
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    I made note of this in another thread.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  4. TMT Tactical

TMT Tactical The Great Lizard ! Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    I think the over priced is the real reason Colt is stopping production of long guns. Colt is losing their butts. They don't have much market share and was losing more every quarter and other companies offer better for less. As usual, their timing sucks.

Morgan101 and LastOutlaw like this.
  5. LastOutlaw

510/575

Blog Posts:
    Sorry... didnt see it.

6. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Legendary Survivalist
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    The more folk pointing-out such articles, the better.

America is disintegrating. People preparing must stay on top of events. I've found that I must often go to city news websites to obtain stories and especially details on stories. I just posted a bunch of stuff going on in Minneapolis. Mainstream Media, MSM, may publish a politically incorrect story one time, then they bury the story.

The L.A. Times and the Washington Post have online sites, however you can not read the articles unless you sign up for these communist rags.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  7. Radar

Radar Master Survivalist
      277/345

Blog Posts:
    Recently I checked my local library's "share data" website. A digital resource, if your library is in a consortium with other libraries, likely you have access to the following for free, like I do: major newspapers websites, Chilton auto repair manuals, motorcycle repair manuals, small engine repair, legal forms for divorce, will, landlord, tenant, etc, GED and SAT info, and many other kinds of information for all ages and interests.
    While it is true that the library associations are usually funded by the ilk we're trying to get away from, there is still information there, easily acquired.

Sorry to temporarily derail your thread

8. TMT Tactical

510/575

Blog Posts:
    Good info Radar.

Radar and LastOutlaw like this.
  9. Dalewick

Dalewick Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    Colt had been talking of getting out of the AR production market for a good while. They got used to getting $1000 a rifle when the market would support it. Now there are plenty of manufacturers and they don't have a huge profit margin on anyone, but the military. It's all about the money. I'm not sure how many weapons contracts Colt has with the U'S' government anymore. I think most of those have been awarded to FN now. I think there current 1911 contract may be there only government contract for the military. Not sure about other agencies. Look at there MSRP's for everything compared to competitors similar weapons. Just an opinion.

Dale

Radar and TMT Tactical like this.
  10. Duncan

Duncan Master Survivalist
      315/345

Blog Posts:
    My wife asked me if we should buy another AR as an investment. Last November 1st, I bought a second DPMS "Oracle" for about $500, since I figured the price would go up after Clinton was elected. Well, she let me down again by losing the election and all of a sudden there was no panic buying! So much for my investing "strategy".

Anyway, I doubled down on my investment with an inexpensive red-dot, a two -point sling and a Geissele SA two-stage trigger. I don't know if I'll ever get my money back, but a spare AR might come handy when the situation gets even stupider than it is now.

Maybe now might be a good time to get a couple more inexpensive AR's, then lose them in a tragic boating accident...

...just in case. What do you think?

1. Dalewick
      Dalewick, Sep 21, 2019
      TMT Tactical likes this.
  11. TMT Tactical

510/575

Blog Posts:
    I was considering getting a 6.5 Grendel to add to the AR collection but changed my mind. 556 and 7.62 x 39 is enough. I am now headed for pistol caliber rifles. Some straight wall calipers, 357, 41 mag, 44 mag, that can shoot black powder if needed. None of the considered firearms are Colt,. I don't pay extra for just a Brand name.

Morgan101, Radar and Dalewick like this.
  12. Dalewick

515/575

Blog Posts:
    Have you ever looked at Quarter Circle 10 https://www.quartercircle10.com/

Dale

13. TMT Tactical

510/575

Blog Posts:
    Dale thanks for the link. I should have explained my plan a bit better , okay a lot better. I am Looking at lever action pistol caliber rifles. If it gets bad enough, they will shoot using black powder. I did look into pistol caliber AR15 but do not think these will work reliably using black powder. I can cast my own bullets, I will have the brass and a stock pile of million primers. Well maybe not quite a million but several thousand. Million it sounded good, maybe I should buy a lottery ticket.

Morgan101 and Dalewick like this.
  14. Morgan101

Morgan101 Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    There seems to be a consensus here, and I would agree. This is a business decision for Colt. I never considered a Colt AR model; probably because of the price. I don't know what their market share is, but if the line is losing money it won't last long.

IMHO it was a stupid announcement to make. It looks like they are caving in to anti-gun pressure. Why make any public announcement at all? You can tell your dealers, and let the word spread. I'm sure they will still support the private market with repair parts. No private consumer will lose anything. Now they have to defend themselves from both sides; the anti-gunners will say it isn't enough, and the pro 2nd Amendment people will say they are caving in.

TMT Tactical and Dalewick like this.
  15. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    I'm not surprised that they are getting out. As was said above their market is soft as hell now with all of the copy ARs made now that are just as good for half the price. I also think that it may also be in part due to the stupid lawsuits that the idiots and liberals are filing now where they sue the gun makes and the ammo maker and the person that sold the gun when a nut of criminal shoots someone.

Dalewick and TMT Tactical like this.
  16. watcherchris

watcherchris Legendary Survivalist
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    Beto O Rourke is a gas lighter ….deceitful.

The 1903 Springfield and it's .30 caliber round was made for the battlefield...,.and was found to be ideal for hunting across this land. This ammunition is today known as the 30.06 round.

Not sure if Beto is even thinking here....or counting on the concept that most of us know little history.

However ..to the members here...remember something else.... about Beto's points.....he is trying to make on the ignorance of the average American....

" The 2nd Amendment says nothing at all about hunting....nothing."

This point is glossed over and ignored in the emotions they are trying very hard to cultivate in fear .

The point of the 2nd Amendment is the security of a free state....via the Militia...which is the people...not the state.
    Armed Citizen Soldiers.....not the State.

Remember this when next you hear Beto blabbering on....or someone else trying to push a gun control issue using hunting....as a talking point..

"The 2nd Amendment says nothing about hunting."

You are witnessing Ishmaelites at work...gas lighting you with fear techniques.

Make no mistake.....they intend for Americans to be disarmed...totally....not just physically disarmed...but mentally as well as spiritually.

We are much easier to herd when we are so disarmed...mentally, spiritually, as well as physically.

Much easier to herd into an international position/system.......not an American Position or belief system....when we are mentally, spiritually as well as physically disarmed...and have mostly a television and or movie education...in emoting..and not thinking for ourselves.

My non Ishmaelite .02,
    Watcherchris

Last edited: Sep 24, 2019
    Radar, Dalewick and TMT Tactical like this.
  17. watcherchris

watcherchris Legendary Survivalist
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    The round for which most of us know today as the 30.06 round is known in the history books as Caliber 30 US ammunition...a military designation.

In more detailed explanations it is also knows as the 7.62 x 63mm round.

Standard .30 caliber military ammunition today is called 7.62 x 51 mm ammo. This round is called and recognized by most Americans as the .308 Winchester round.

The very popular .243 sporting round is a .308 Winchester necked down to 6mm or also called .243 Winchester.
    I have made my own .243 cases by resizing .308 Winchester Brass and it works well.
    I wanted to know if I could do it in a pinch or time of ammunition shortage to extend out my potential or options/versatility.

Right here next to my computer ..I keep the Hornady Cartridge reloading manual as well as Gun Traders Guide...and also The Handloaders Manual of Cartridge Conversions...

The Cartridge Conversion Handbook gives instructions for converting or manufacturing your own brass...from pre existing brass of another caliber....very handy reference material to have if one is into "Rolling Your Own."

The 30.06 brass case...the .308 Winchester and the .223/5,56mm case are the parent cases for numerous other calibers and or calibrations.

I make my own 7mm TCU ammunition for my Thompson Contender single shot pistol from 5.56mm or .223 cases and neck it up to accept a 7mm or what is also called a .284 caliber bullet. This ammunition cannot anymore be bought in the stores so you have to make your own. No problem for me with the right gear.

What we call the 5.56 x 45 mm round for the military is also called the .223 Round in sporting calibration....and is available in single shot....combination guns and also bolt actions as well as in the AR series of rifles.

Beto is a fear pimp..who is counting on most of us knowing little about guns and or ammunition....or even history.

Those of us who reload..or roll our own.... are familiar with the history of this ammunition ...and even the pedigree of the rounds which came before these.

I greatly dislike Ishmaelites like Beto...and others so obviously trying to herd us by our fears...

While all of us have certain fear levels....particularly about our families and loved ones....we generally do not fear that easily for ourselves and don't like two legged wildlife like Beto....as well as have disgust for those who are predators/pimps on our fears for votes.....foreign and domestic.

I will not tell the members out here how to conduct themselves....that is your business and rightfully so.

Those of us who have done dangerous work.....literally put our Butts on the line for our Bucks....do not easily run affrighted of everything out there....including guns and ammunitions.....we have walked this road too many times...and had our Butts on the line aplenty.....and can carefully take the measure what tries to pass for leadership from the prism of this experience...this personal knowledge. For we carry this experience/knowledge with us everywhere we go....every day.

Now ...this experience/knowledge does not make us better than others...most certainly ….

It does make us different and not that interested in the Herd or the Herders....two legged wildlife....those who would so obviously try to herd us by our fears and insecurities.

Be warned the Ishmaelites...run amok...even amongst our leadership...who would bind us by our fears/insecurities and into their control....herd. For this is not leadership.

Leadership is knowing how to bring the best out in people...in hard, dangerous, or difficult times.... in spite of their fears or insecurities. It is not having them tremble in fear or exploit their fear for votes.

Beto is not a man's man....He is not an Alpha.

But he is an Ishmaelite.

Be Warned!!!

Watcherchris
    Not an Ishmaelite

Last edited: Sep 28, 2019
    TMT Tactical and Dalewick like this.
  18. Dalewick

515/575

Blog Posts:
    betovet.jpg

Reason enough to not trust this ahole...

Dale

TMT Tactical and watcherchris like this.