Compressed Fuel Leaks

Discussion in 'Safety' started by Pragmatist, Jan 18, 2020.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    https://www.tapinto.net/towns/somer...cy-responders-receive-compressed-gas-training

Good morning all,

Above article is quality - and "upbeat" - news about a world-class expert providing a no-cost seminar to professional HAZMAT responders.

The above news has a couple of points pertinent to our individual/family/group level....Worth mentioning.

I, and surely some others, both shelter in place and evac with 2 portable space heaters (I know of some who evac with NON-portable ones. A big truck and extra $$$ does wonders for preparedness.)

To check for screw-in threaded compressed gas cartridges leaking, packed with the heaters is a sturdy plastic container of anti-bacterial paw soap. This is to place on thread interface of heater and cartridge. I've seen bubbles before.

Ref the article's mention of PPE; Work gloves and fire extinguisher.

Thank you Eugene Ngai !

Prep, prep, prep
    and
    factor in safety.

TMT Tactical likes this.