Comrade Duch Dead; Time To Party Hard !

Discussion in 'News, Current Events, and Politics' started by Pragmatist, Sep 2, 2020.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-53994189

Good morning all,

Per ...

For younger Forum Members, article gives some background.

This is a BBC article and much else on the web is "sanitized". The "Killing Fields" and related of the Khmer Rouge were geometrically worse.

The end of the US-Vietnam war is unofficially marked by the capture event of the US flag vessel SS Maguyez (spell?) in Cambodia waters. US stuff going on in SEA well after the official April 1973 leaving of Vietnam.

For a couple of decades I tried to get the vessel's cargo manifest. Efforts failed.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  2. varuna

varuna Tree killer & a cat person
      380/460

Blog Posts:
    How accurate does "The Killing Fields" compare to the actual situation at the time?

TMT Tactical likes this.
  3. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good morning Varuna,

The term "killing fields" I believe best means the mass murder/starvation/no medical care of those Cambodians deemed enemies of the Khmer Rouge.

Overall, about one fourth of the Cambodian population was killed/murdered.

It's difficult to make actual comparisons and definitive statements involving the murders. One example I'll mention here is a Khmer Rouge prison guard used a pliers to pull out a young woman's nipples. She died.

I'll defer to Dale for more events.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  4. arctic bill

arctic bill Master Survivalist
      360/460

Blog Posts:
    I hope he rots in hell '

TMT Tactical likes this.
  5. Alaskajohn

Alaskajohn Master Survivalist
      415/460

Blog Posts:
    Don’t for one minute think that the evil and hate in that man’s heart is not shared by those plotting to bring America down today. Glad this one is enjoying his just rewards in hell.

TMT Tactical likes this.