Counting Casualties After Natural Disasters

Discussion in 'News, Current Events, and Politics' started by Pragmatist, Sep 12, 2019.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    http://www8.nationalacademies.org/onpinews/newsitem.aspx?RecordID=9122019

Good evening all,

Article per ...

Except for Dr Kilbene's statement, the others are just not focused.

Is it critical to determine of hurricane-proofing a roof and an experienced injury for preparations for next disaster ?

I believe first responders have specific missions and assignments. For example, a SCUBA SAR would not be working around the parking lot at the hotel on the top of the hill.

Why a policy change need if electrocution was a feature of the last disaster ? Electrocutions could happen again coupled to a needed response to mass respiratory failure at the motel. A "all-hazards" approach is needed.

I noted a bias; Are disabilities an automatic criteria to be a member of a vulnerable population ? The same question for the elderly...

I'd argue that social and emotional support are basic needs. Recall our society's recent acceptance of emotional support animals. I'm a big proponent of this.

Summary; Article about bureaucratic needs of those assembled not knowing the fundamentals and probably no field experience.

TMT Tactical likes this.