New Member Country Girl Saying Hello...

Discussion in 'New Member Introduction' started by Tumbleweed, Jul 3, 2017.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Tumbleweed

Tumbleweed Expert Member
      158/173

Blog Posts:
    I am now a senior citizen and live in town; but I have spent most of my adult life living in the country, riding horses, milking goats or cows, and just doing all of the things that comes with the western cowgirl lifestyle.
    Sometimes, I wish that I still lived out somewhere, had a horse again, and could build a nice warm wood fire on those cold snowy nights. Other days, I am glad that I don't have to shovel all of that snow and haul all that water or hay.
    Even so, we grow some of our own vegetables, and I think that I have stories that I can tell on this forum, and maybe even some knowledge that I can share........ who knows ?

Keith H. likes this.
  2. Keith H.

Keith H. Moderator Staff Member
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    Good day Tumbleweed & welcome to this forum. Good to have you with us. I could not live in a city or town.
    Keith.

3. Tumbleweed

Tumbleweed Expert Member
      158/173

Blog Posts:
    Thank you for the welcome, @Keith H. ! I truly never thought that I would end up living in town either, and I do really miss being in the country. The thing is, that like it or not, my body is getting older, and at 72, I just can't do the things that once were easy for me to do every day.
    Even though we go to the fitness center almost every day, and we have a garden, and walk some each day; there is just not the physical strength to live out in the country, especially when you have to haul water, shovel snow, and take care of livestock every day.
    Actually, when I was in my 50's, I lived in a trailer with no power or water for almost 2 years, until I was finally able to get power put in, and later sign up for county water.
    Every day after work, I hauled 2 55 gallon drums of water, some for me, some for the critters, and some for the garden. In the winter, I also had to keep the snow shoveled so I could even get out to the barn and feed the horses and goats.
    No matter how much I would like to do that again, it just isn't going to happen; so all we can do is prepare to shelter here if things fall apart.

Keith H. likes this.
  4. Keith H.

525/575

Blog Posts:
    Yes there is always work to do in the country. I am however still managing, just a little slower than I used to. Best of luck to you, we must all do what we can with what we have.
    Regards, Keith.

Tumbleweed likes this.
  5. m33kuh

m33kuh Active Member
      41/58

Blog Posts:
    Hello Tumbleweed and welcome to our forum.

6. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    is he still here?

Keith H. likes this.
  7. Keith H.

525/575

Blog Posts:
    She. I have PMd her to check if she is okay & still with us.
    Keith.

8. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    sorry, the avatar confused me.

Tumbleweed and Keith H. like this.
  9. Keith H.

525/575

Blog Posts:
    Understandable, Tumbleweed has changed her avatar now, & she IS BACK!
    Keith.

Tumbleweed likes this.
  10. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    good.

Tumbleweed and Keith H. like this.