Covering Your Smell and Tracks

Discussion in 'Other Advanced Survival Skills' started by Aneye4theshot, Jan 25, 2016.

0/5, 0 votes

1. TMT Tactical

TMT Tactical The Great Lizard ! Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    I am more worried about the Nanny State enforcers, not the criminals or the true law enforcement personnel. Once the demorats get back into permanent power, the gun confiscation will begin and the rebellion will start.

2. poltiregist

poltiregist Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    Once S.H.T.F. I plan to have my plan and resources in order . Most prepper solutions takes months if not years of careful planning . That is one of several reasons that I am training a bloodhound . I will not be bothering or stealing from anybody but if they bring a problem to my retreat they will likely find themselves running as if their lives depended on it " and it will " . When there is two battling opponents I plan to be the stronger of the two . Running and hiding I can agree is a good plan for some folks . Running is not my plan . Trailing down any survivors is my plan .

TMT Tactical likes this.
  3. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    keeping a low profile and being isolated from others post SHTF is my plan.
    I don't intend getting into any firefights, not way out here.

TMT Tactical and poltiregist like this.
  4. Sonofliberty

Sonofliberty Master Survivalist
      407/460

Blog Posts:
    Thanks. Do you have a link?

TMT Tactical likes this.
  5. Sonofliberty

407/460

Blog Posts:
    Can you PM me a PDF or something?

TMT Tactical likes this.
  6. poltiregist

515/575

Blog Posts:
    I had to break away from this forum earlier tonight and go on a search and rescue mission with my bloodhound . I received a mobile phone call from my daughter requesting I join her in the woods with my bloodhound as she was blood trailing a deer she had shot with her bow . As I was on the phone with her she said she wasn't feeling good then her voice became week and then I couldn't hear her at all . Just before she passed out she managed to give me a general location of her whereabouts . The mission quickly changed from trailing a deer to trailing a human . The clan quickly mobilized , loaded up the bloodhound on the back of a pickup truck set out to find her . Later she called again to say she had regained consciousness and had managed to make it to her truck . When we reached her she was barley conscious , slured speech and very week . We gave her some candy and a coconut drink and she recovered somewhat . She said while laying on the ground she could hear coyotes and heard animals walking near her . She tried flaying her arms at them but was too week to move her arms much . We got her home , got her some food and she is now being taken to a hospitals emergency room .

Last edited: Nov 8, 2019
    TMT Tactical and Sonofliberty like this.
    1. TMT Tactical
      Hope is is well for your daughter.

TMT Tactical, Nov 9, 2019
      poltiregist likes this.
  7. randyt

randyt Master Survivalist
      415/460

Blog Posts:
    I hope for a positive outcome for your daughter. that's scary

8. poltiregist

515/575

Blog Posts:
    The doctor said it was a potassium drop . I have never heard of such a thing . She is back home . The coconut drink I gave her is very high in potassium so , did right there . They are going to do more tests . Quite frankly I am not sure they are right about someone passing out from low potassium .

TMT Tactical and randyt like this.
  9. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good morning Poltiregist,

Well wishes on full recovery of daughter.

After family matters beck to routine, check around with eg your area's SAR team community. See if they can recommend a basic combination transponder/strobe light that automatically activates such when a falling.

Again, hoping for daughter's speedy recovery.

10. poltiregist

515/575

Blog Posts:
    I just received a phone call from my daughter . Sounds like she has recovered from last night . As soon as I eat my pancakes we are going to go back after the deer . This will be interesting because the trail will be about sixteen hours old that we are fixing to put the bloodhound on . My main concern is not if he can smell the trail but if we can keep him focused on the correct trail as no doubt there will be fresher deer trails in the area for him to pick up .

11. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Legendary Survivalist
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    If potassium (K+) levels go off, a whole lot worse things than fainting can happen.

It is profoundly necessary that your family's medical team do more tests and get to the cause of your daughter's episode of passing out.

low potassium = hypokalemia high potassium = hyperkalemia

I could go on forever here, but I'm gonna provide you with links. You need to read-up, because one can't go around having fluctuating potassium levels. Don't mean to scare you, but if K+ levels go off, your heart can develop irregular contractions (arrhythmias) leading to death. High K+ kills.

Hypokalemia, you can sweat yourself into this condition. Military has to fight this when fighting in the desert. When you sweat, vomit, have diarrhea, you lose potassium out with these nasty body fluids. Eat your bananas, drink your orange juice. If one is diabetic and blood sugar levels are too high then the body begins "spilling" -- they urinate like crazy, go pee, go pee, go pee, ... . This is often the first symptom of diabetes. This frequent urination is due to an abnormal osmotic gradient in the functional units of the kidneys.

My K+ levels go low I think. I blame my leg cramps on low K+. I keep K-pills to prevent cramps, but I am VERY careful NOT to take too much. Potassium can kill you! Better to drink orange juice. Me, I just love orange juice -- I go through almost a gallon per week, love it. Don't get tired of it, Florida or California origin, like'm both. There's also sports drinks in every flavor. One can flavor plain old Pedialyte -- now it comes in varying flavors.

Poltiregist, is your daughter diabetic? If so, and if her sugar levels are off, then she and her medical team must get better control of her condition. There's another two-hour dissertation.

Hyperkalemia, high potassium, rolls into the emergency ward more often than the low K+. People will be given ptsm supplements (due to low potassium conditions), then use salt substitutes (because maybe they have high blood pressure issues, whatever). What's the popular salt substitute? Answer: Potassium chloride (KCl) -- uh oh! That's more K+. Add the two, your EKG starts looking more like a sine wave than a normal waveform, then you die (go out via bradycardia and thus no cardiac output). In reacting to a low potassium issue, DO NOT OVERDUE THE PUTTING BACK K+ REGIMEN! Messing with one's electrolytes is no small item!

Hypokalemia
    https://www.drugs.com/cg/hypokalemia.html
    https://doctorguidelines.com/2017/05/29/hypokalemia-diagnosis-and-treatment/

Hyperkalemia
    https://www.drugs.com/cg/hyperkalemia.html
    https://doctorguidelines.com/2017/05/29/hyperkalemia/

Don't read this medical sht and panic. Understand that in hospital, patients are there due to a stack of medical conditions and often patients have horrible chronic conditions that require a massive juggling act to keep them alive. Think plate-spinning with seven plates going at the same time. Medical articles are taking such patients into account. People who are otherwise healthy are infinitely easier to treat. Maybe the latter person has a grand total of one thing wrong with them, gosh, the rest of the body is otherwise robust. Good! The focus will be on putting things right with this one imbalance and if the rest of the body takes a hit until treatment balances out, so what, it can take that and more. Once treatment balances out, the person returns to a normal life; maybe they will have to make life changes or take a medication.

12. Dalewick

Dalewick Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    Like OG, her symptoms and what you did to get her to snap out of it, makes me wonder if she has type II diabetes. I have it but it's being controlled by oral meds still. My dad had it and it killed him. Hope she doesn't but please stay on her to find out what's wrong.

Dale

poltiregist and TMT Tactical like this.
  13. Snyper

Snyper Master Survivalist
      330/345

Blog Posts:
    Try to get him to follow the blood rather than just the deer's tracks.
    I've had a couple of dogs that would lock on to at blood trail and not leave it until they found the deer.

poltiregist and TMT Tactical like this.
  14. Sonofliberty

407/460

Blog Posts:
    It happens. You can die from a potassium drop if it gets low enough. It is a common problem in the Florida heat. It is one of the reasons Gatorade was invented. Potassium is an important electrolyte that you can lose in your sweat and one of the reasons that drinking only water in the extreme heat can be dangerous.

15. Sonofliberty

407/460

Blog Posts:
    Totally agree with the above. Potassium is a very important electrolyte, but too much is worse than too little though both can kill you. If I wake up on a summer morning and have a leg cramp, my first thought is low potassium. Bananas, OJ, and Gatorade are all on the menu on days like that. I often add powdered electrolytes to my water if perspiring heavily.

16. poltiregist

515/575

Blog Posts:
    We to are wondering if there is a diabetic connection . I found out today the first of our group to reach her last night had to manually open her mouth and insert a butter scotch candy into her mouth . If we had reached her much later I suspect she would be dead today . They will be running blood tests on her Monday morning . For now she is functioning normally . She and I have a hike planned for tomorrow .

TMT Tactical and Dalewick like this.
  17. poltiregist

515/575

Blog Posts:
    Today my daughter my four year old grandson and I went with our bloodhound to try to recover the shot deer . Instead of the trail being the estimated sixteen hours old as I had earlier posted , we started on the trail with it being eighteen hours old . The hound immediately found the bloody arrow but didn't seem to grasp the idea that we actually wanted him to follow a trail that old . He finally got the idea and from that point it was like trying to hold back a freight train on the end of a rope . I sometimes rapped the rope around a tree to keep from being dragged off my feet . We found the deer . Unfortunately the buzzards had already gotten to him . This particular deer my daughter planned to give to a needy family she knows , as they don't have much to eat . We will just harvest another deer for the needy family .

18. Snyper

Snyper Master Survivalist
      330/345

Blog Posts:
    At least the dog learned something, so all is not lost.
    Good luck to your sister.

19. poltiregist

515/575

Blog Posts:
    Just thought I would mention something you guys might find interesting . When my son is cooking " especially frying up meat " inside his home my blood hound knows it . Our houses are about a quarter mile apart . The blood hound when he smells my son cooking will go to his house and scratch on the door for a share of the food .

watcherchris and TMT Tactical like this.
  20. watcherchris

watcherchris Legendary Survivalist
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    poltiregist,

You got me to remembering the last 12 days in the middle of Virginia on the back roads.

I worry greatly when driving at night for deer...crossing the road. Several times I've seen dead deer in the daytime along the side of the roads... probably struck by an automobile in the night....the buzzards were going to work on them ...recycling so to speak.

Deer can surely do a number on ones automobile should one strike a deer at most speeds.

Watcherchris

Not an Ishmaelite