Covid-19 And How The World Economy Will Change

Discussion in 'News, Current Events, and Politics' started by Pragmatist, Apr 22, 2020.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    TMT Tactical likes this.
  2. lonewolf

lonewolf Legendary Survivalist Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    I don't agree about the retrenchment of globalisation, I believe this virus has shown just how fragile international supply chains are, I feel a lot of industry and manufacturing will have to be brought back "in country"(whatever country you live in).
    it may also mean that we become a cashless society.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  3. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good morning Lonewolf,

Much depends on the assigned definition used for "globalization" and examples to explain the definition.

The French Community of Nations has France paying 4 times the world market cost for cocoa beans from the Ivory Coast so as to support other French business interests (indirectly, invisible). This also supports the EU's CAP - Common Agricultural Policy, another racket.

The US is so embedded in China because of domestic US saturated markets, the withdrawal is difficult. This is about the same with the US oilfield suppliers working in the Middle East oil areas - especially Saudi Arabia, with the US Government indirectly supporting the Saudi Arabian National Guard (SANG), which is actually their domestic police force.

Globalization and the financial markets of New York City and London need each other. I can only guess what's pending.

Yes, a cashless society is soon enroute.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  4. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    I wasn't thinking about financial markets more about actual items and food in particular.
    when I was growing up in the 50s and 60s some food was sourced from places like NZ and parts of northern Europe- Danish Bacon for instance- but the vast majority was home grown, and its back to stuff being "in season", if it wasn't in season we didn't have it to eat, now its shipped in from the other side of the world and its in the stores 12 months of the year, I bet most people have never heard of stuff being in season and haven't a clue what it means, given the effects of the pandemic I 'm not sure this is sustainable any more.

TMT Tactical and Morgan101 like this.
  5. varuna

varuna Tree killer & a cat person
      380/460

Blog Posts:
    That actually scare me the most

Rebecca and TMT Tactical like this.
  6. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    it dosent scare me but it will mess up weekly food markets and car boot sales which by their nature being in the open air have always been cash only, same with roadside stalls.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  7. BSHJ

BSHJ Expert Member
      155/173

Blog Posts:
    People are lining up for free "food bank' food yet every time I go to town I see a veggie stand piled high with sweet potatoes and a sign reading "take what you want, donations accepted"......and the pile just sits

TMT Tactical likes this.
  8. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    because most people don't know what a sweet potato is or how to cook it, they can only cook ready meals.

TMT Tactical likes this.