Covid-19: But Don't Neglect Flooding, Polio, Cholera,mosquitoes.....

Discussion in 'News, Current Events, and Politics' started by Pragmatist, Apr 25, 2020.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    TMT Tactical likes this.
  2. varuna

varuna Tree killer & a cat person
      380/460

Blog Posts:
    If its not COVID-19 than it is forgotten. Which is why they are called NTD (Neglected Tropical Disease). Post flood Dengue fever outbreak alone has already took over 100+ souls few months back in Lesser Sunda Islands

TMT Tactical likes this.
  3. Pragmatist

485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good morning Varuna,

Exactly.

The public is a mass of fear, suppressed aggression and a little articulate. They react to the "news" and are easy to manipulate.

Some Forum Members might not be familiar with the Neglected Tropical Disease list(s). WHO and CDC have some differences. The term was coined by the Rockefeller Foundation's Ken Warren...forgot the year but not that long ago.

Several of the medical type researchers like to visit oil exploration sites for their research (combined with somewhat nice remote area facilities) and had met some. Although now retired, I do have a spinoff type of cloth patch on my emergency responder kit. It's a copy of Doctors Without Borders (MSF) with an appropriate picture reading "Soldiers Without Borders".

Recently added to the Neglected Tropical Disease lists are the poison snake bites as appropriately worded.

AIDS, malaria and tuberculous get the attention for the "third world". I personally believe those countries will always be disease-ridden because they are too small to develop needed programs.

Understand lesser Sunda Islands Dengue Fever losses.

As an aside, here in the US, a neglected "ailment" is suicide.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  4. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    do tropical diseases only happen in the tropics? I know my first father in law suffered malaria from his time in Ceylon.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  5. Pragmatist

485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good morning Lonewolf,

The subtropics also known for tropical diseases.

There has been a somewhat recent case of malaria showing up in New Jersey.

I believe the big thing is the - vector - the transmitter ... typically being the mosquito. For example, the banana boat from the tropics ties up in the US north of Hatteras and when the crew go ashore, the mosquitoes do also.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  6. varuna

varuna Tree killer & a cat person
      380/460

Blog Posts:
    Depend solely in the definition of "Tropic". Anglosphere folk typically define it as any places that is too hot for them but not dessert + plenty mosquitoes :rolleyes:. However for non Anglosphere it typically the region between Tropic of Cancer 23° North to the Tropic of Capricorn 23° South

Anyway back to your question, it can also happen outside the region as long the delivery vector exist which could be human, animals, insects, etc. For those of us native of the region most already have some kind of natural immunity (albeit not always), but those who were not native is vulnerable. For example I routinely exchange my blood for Dengue virus (DENV) and never suffer from any ailment, but IF my immunity were somehow dropped for whatever reason I could suffering from it and could be fatal.

TMT Tactical likes this.