Covid -19 In The Uk.

Discussion in 'News, Current Events, and Politics' started by lonewolf, Sep 21, 2020.

0/5, 0 votes

Tags:
  1. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    Just had the UK chief medical and scientific officers on the TV saying because a lot of people havent been following the rules we could see 50, 000 new infections per DAY within 3 weeks(middle of October) and 200 deaths per DAY by then.
    Winter is slowly creeping upon us, the usual time for virus infections, and without a viable vaccine less than 8% of the British public have any kind of covid anti bodies in their blood meaning that most of us are still at risk.
    Greater London could soon go into mini lockdown because the infections are rising there again.
    many people have been acting like this virus has gone away, it hasnt, this thing isnt over by a long way yet, we could be looking at another 6 months of this yet, maybe longer if they dont get it under control.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  2. TMT Tactical

TMT Tactical The Great Lizard ! Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    So it seems we can take our chances with the China Flu OR the countries economy can go belly up and become a VZ. I think I will vote for taking my chances. Starvation is a real nasty way to die too. No jobs, no food, real simply concept.

poltiregist likes this.
  3. Max rigger

Max rigger Master Survivalist
      415/460

Blog Posts:
    This won't be going anywhere for a long time, no vaccine and our options are limited, continue to lock down and the economy is finished or let it run its course and deal with the deaths...I don't know what the answer is, but fear it may be the second option. The vast majority of infected people have little or no symptoms, get over it fast, the unlucky ones get very sick and a tiny minority die.

4. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    The COVID bug isn't all that deadly to younger people in good health. In most cases in kids, it is just sort of the sniffles. Old people and people with other health issues need to hide but most people need to go back to work. I think that our US military has only had 7 deaths from COVID and the mortality rate is way below 1%.

Lone Wolf, how is the Socialized Medical System that you have holding up?

TMT Tactical likes this.
  5. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good morning Lonewolf,

I heard this same UK news on the radio.

Here in the upstart colonies, the "rules" are not standardized. There is pending Senate legistlation to get real rules in place.

A related problem is that - many - responsible citizens avoid going to hospitals, clinics, related, because of the fear of catching COVID-19. The fear is justified. In Virginia, about half of the population did not get the annual no-cost flu shot ("jab").

Besides public schools, public housing and much else, our public health programs need much rehab work.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  6. Pragmatist

485/575

Blog Posts:
    TMT Tactical likes this.
  7. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    I think the medical system is doing okay, the nurses and doctors in the big hospitals are working like supermen and women, its the lack of testing kits that is the big problem, how can we accept the numbers if most people-especially here in the South West - arent being tested.
    even step daughter-a key worker- had to travel from North Devon to Somerset the next county East to get a test-which was negative. and these tests when you get them are only valid for that day, test again next week and you could have a different result.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  8. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Legendary Survivalist
      525/575

Blog Posts:
  9. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Legendary Survivalist
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    "New Lockdowns Could Lead Europe to Economic Depression"

https://www.dlacalle.com/en/new-lockdowns-could-lead-europe-to-economic-depression/

"The rise in Covid-19 cases in countries like France and Spain has increased the risk of new
    lockdowns. Governments should understand by now that shutting down the economy is highly
    inefficient and devastating for jobs and business solvency. However, as we have seen in Spain, many governments simply decide to start new lockdowns in order to show that they are taking aggressive measures, even knowing that these generate more negative effects and have no real impact on preserving health. Instead of looking at the examples of South Korea, Taiwan, Sweden or Austria, where simple but effective measures have resulted in better management of the health crisis, some European governments are ignoring the economic and social long-term disaster that closing down the economy has created and seem prepared to repeat the past mistakes."

TMT Tactical likes this.
  10. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    TMT Tactical and Old Geezer like this.
  11. Max rigger

Max rigger Master Survivalist
      415/460

Blog Posts:
    lockdownsceptics.org, wow thats a site to believe LOL.

Arrived in Spain this afternoon, uneventful flight, beautiful mostly empty 5* hotel. Lovely room, air con, fast internet. I'm not hitting the bars, I got some takeaway food and drinks so chilling out. Very busy day ahead tomorrow, need to open a bank account.

12. Pragmatist

485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good afternoon Max,

Glad to hear you had a safe trip and avoiding the virus dens.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  13. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    The fact is that the numbers though correct are offered in such a way as to be massively misleading. If you would look at the numbers relating to mortality correlated to different age groups you would find that COVID is little if any worse than most of the standard flu viruses in the lower age groups. It is deadly for seniors, people with other morbidities, and people like junkies that are just run down. The younger you are the less-lethal it is. Many of the "Deaths" that are put forth as COVID deaths were actual deaths from other illnesses with COVID as a CONTRIBUTING factor.

The people that are most at risk are not usually working-age people. They are like me and always sort of avoiding crowds during the flu season. This age focusing is not unusual for the various Flu viruses. The Spanish Influenza was deadly for young to middle-aged men in good shape and then no much when caught by the very young, the ill, or the old. It did this by at first turning parts of your own immune system against you. The young and the old were not as affected because they have weaker immune systems.

We are destroying our economies and basically surrendering to Communist powers by sidelining our workers needlessly. What you want to bet that if the communist powers see a chance to take over our markets that they are not going to let the fear of even a 3% mortality rate deter them from jumping on it!!! We are sidelining our younger healthy workers over FLU that doesn't affect them much worse than most other Flu viruses.

The powers that be KNOW these facts. The burning question is why are they so willing to crush our economies? We are at WAR right now. It is a quiet war but in the end the aims and end results will be little different from a war in the past. The winner is going to gain in both power and wealth and the loser will be crushed and lose their freedoms. If we had run and hid when Japan hit Pearl harbor because we were terrified that some people would die if we fought, where would we be today?

TMT Tactical likes this.
  14. Pragmatist

485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good afternoon TexDanm,

Initial section has my complete agreement.

There are some blocs of thought that the US economy is not being destroyed but rather restructured under the veneer of the US portion of the pandemic.

Much US civil airlines are experiencing their excess capacity already in the aircraft boneyard. This obviously also means reducing the US airlines payroll.

Overbuilt hotels are losing their unneeded rooms. Ditto the payrolls.

The public schools - meaning buildings, buses, teachers and in many places (Definitely here!) non-teachers constituting more of the payroll than educators....the results are not yet in but "the system" of local real estate taxes" with Federal support is in collapse. The results are still a work in progress.

The restaurant trade - similiar to above; excess capacity with the Feds providing the health care. Ditto: also in collapse. I don't know how health care delivery will be provided Jan 2021 but do know that restaurants with a labor force not given health care is ending.

Changes abound. An international business, Smithfield Foods, Suffolk ro Chesapeake, Virginia is the world's largest pig company. Their huge profits evaporated with the COVID virus. They are working 24/7 to develop worker protections. It is a BIG project involving state of the art air filter systems for large buildings.

Won't bet - stopped gambling on a winning streak and then stopped - but "they" are already in economic competition with us.

Yes ! The real political establishment knows the facts.

Again, some view the US economy as not being crushed but with the proper time line has it restructuring to compete in the world market and have a domestic economy not dependent on government for operations.

My personal opinion - it's just my opinion and don't plan to "document" my thoughts - is that it's not a winner-loser game. There are sotte voce agreements between US and PRC to share the world market. The SIZE of the shares will, of course, be what's fought over.

Meanwhile, "Trust but verify".

TMT Tactical likes this.