Curing Muscle Pain Caused By Prilosec or Omeprazole

Discussion in 'First Aid and Medicine' started by Doubletap45, Jul 21, 2016.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Doubletap45

Doubletap45 New Member
      8/23

Blog Posts:
    I was prescribed Omeprazole, which is the same a Prilosec for stomach problems. Not too long after starting the medicine, I noticed I was getting Muscle pain, and it only got worse in time.

The reason for this is that this drug strips Magnesium from your system. As soon as I started taking Magnesium, the muscle pain went away.
    You can take Magnesium pills or Magnesium Citrate, but neither are readily absorbed and both cause loose stools.

By far the best way to get magnesium into your body is to get Magnesium oil. Found it on Amazon.com.
    It is absorbed through the skin and it works faster and better than oral forms.
    It also helps relax muscles before going to bed.
    A soak in Epson salts also gives Magnesium through the skin.

Tumbleweed and Daryl Wiggins like this.
  2. Corzhens

Corzhens Master Survivalist
      277/345

Blog Posts:
    My husband is taking Omeprazole for a week, resting a week, alternately. He was prescribed to take it daily and continuously. But when he complained of stomach pains occurring once in a while, the doctor revised the prescription so he would have a respite of 1 week from the medication. I think that did him good because he's doing that now for many months and I haven't heard a complaint from him even once. I have heard that Omeprazole has side effects but I didn't mind the details because it wasn't me who is affected. But anyway, you can maybe ask your doctor to revise the prescription such that you get a respite of one week after taking the medication daily for one week. Another thing, the best time is to take the medication 30 minutes to 1 hour before breakfast. I hope that helps.

3. Tumbleweed

Tumbleweed Expert Member
      158/173

Blog Posts:
    I have been reading the book called “The Magnesium Miracle” by Dr. Carolyn Dean, and she really explains how important magnesium is to our body and how it helps make all of the other vitamins and mineral work.
    The reason that I started reading about magnesium is because of my heart.
    For many years, I had a-fib and also heart failure. I have had 2 heart ablations, and they told me that if it did not stay in rhythm now, they would have to put in a pacemaker.
    The last few months, my heart has been going in and out of arrythmia, and it has been worrying me really bad, because I did not want to have to take stronger medications or have another procedure. So, I started reading to see what might be causing the arrythmia, and what came up was magnesium.
    I started taking 400 mg twice a day, and so far, no more arrythmia ! Now I am taking 400 mg 3 times a day, and feeling great. I am very pleased with what this mineral has done for my heart, plus it helps with sleeping better and just having more energy.
    At 73, I can use all of the energy I can get, so I am going to keep on using this supplement, and eating foods that are high in magnesium.

This is a long video, but it does a wonderful job of explaining about magnesium deficiency, and how to get enough of this important mineral in your body.

4. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    I've been taking Magnesium for a long time. I have RLS (Restless Leg Syndrome) and either Slow-mag timed release or daily doses of magnesium are the only thing that lets me sleep and not kick the hell out of my wife.

5. KarlSurvivor

KarlSurvivor Active Member
      31/58

Blog Posts:
    Good to know about the cons of the Omeprazole. I have taken it for almost a month and I feel good. I guess it depends on each body

6. Tumbleweed

Tumbleweed Expert Member
      158/173

Blog Posts:
    Just as an update on the magnesium, I am still taking it, and it has almost stopped the arrythmia attacks. I bought a bottle of 500mg, and now taking those twice a day, plus if my heart does go into a-fib or tachycardia, then I pop another magnesium, and it stops it within 5-10 minutes.
    It used to last for hours when I had these attacks, and sometimes for over a day at a time.

I also ordered a bottle of ionic magnesium as well as ionic minerals, and I am now taking those once a day also.
    I have more energy now, too, and am swimming longer when we go to the fitness center.
    I definitely recommend trying magnesium if you have any kind of heart condition.

I am now starting to cut down some of the heart meds that I have been taking. From what I read, most of those aggravate a magnesium deficiency, so it seems like they might actually be making the situation worse.

Belle likes this.