Current Briefing On Corona Virus

Discussion in 'News, Current Events, and Politics' started by Pragmatist, Jan 24, 2020.

0/5, 0 votes

1. TMT Tactical

TMT Tactical The Great Lizard ! Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    Sourdough and Snyper thanks for posting the links. They are certainly helpful.

2. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    Throughout history, mankind has been plagued by cyclic episodes of disease. Up until 1900 yellow fever epidemics happened on such a regular schedule that it was almost hard to separate the various episodes. When I was still a kid polio was a constant threat. Over and over the Black Death swept through Europe until there basically wasn't anyone left that didn't have some level of immunity to it. It was after or during WW2 that truely effective antibiotics came out that made things like smallpox, pneumonia, tuberculosis, syphilis and the many other bacteriological killers of the past no longer deadly for healthy people.

We have now had basically a hundred years in the first line nations where we have forgotten the true way of this world. I am not all that worried about this flu pandemic. The chart isn't any sort of reality and is based on numbers and not people. In the end, a 3% risk is not all that bad. I have done or been involved in several things with a mortality chance that was a lot higher than that. That would mean 3 people out of every hundred would die is EVERYBODY caught it. the fact is that even the plagues didn't infect everybody. In a worse case, the worldwide morbidity would probably be under 1.5%.

It isn't the disease that has me worried, it is the people panicking and being unable to deal with this as a reality that worries me. People are stupid! A couple of generations have lived without this horseman making regular visits and now think that we aren't part of the worldwide ecosystem and subject to its cruel rules and occasional pruning. They are running out and buying all the surgical masks that they can find. Surgical masks are not worn to protect the surgeon! They are worn to prevent passing an infection on to a person that is severely compromised and open in a way that is not normal. A mask will do you absolutely no good because the virus is so much smaller than the weave of the mask that it would be like expecting a screen door to protect you from a bullet. The person that needs to wear the masks are the sick people. I think that we have raised up a bunch of mental weaklings.

Panic can do to us what that little virus can't. If people stop doing the things that it takes to keep our cities feed, watered and supplied with fuel the death rate will far exceed the piddly 1.5% of the flu. If the government fails to act in time and then allows panic to get started there will be riots. People will demand that something be done EVEN IF THERE IS NOTHING THAT CAN BE DONE. Sometimes you just have to nut up and accept what is being thrown at you. That is NOT a strong point among or entitled population now. Hell, every little poor boy in America faced a better chance of being drafted and shipped off to play with guns in Korea or Vietnam than this flu threat. We grew up lived with that possibility and moved on. I'm worried that this isn't how people will react now.

PS: We here are or should be above this sort of foolishness. Unlike the sheeple, we are not going to whine and wail and demand that the government do something. We are going to hunker down tough it out and come out the other side alive and well. Some may well die...so what? Some of us are going to die no matter what. We are better than sheeple because we have already faced that mortality and chosen to fight rather than submit. EMP, Nuclear war, societal collapse or pandimic WE are prepared to deal with it or go down FIGHTING.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2020
    Steve-0, Dunmaghlas and TMT Tactical like this.
  3. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good morning Sourdough,

Yes, the site has good and well-formatted information.

It's easy to see the use of strict clinical definition(s) of corona virus in use by the sources. My guess is that pneumonia and TB deaths are always omitted to defend the strict definition's use.

Some early AM rambling on their entries:

Places like Guangdong Province - Canton Province just north of Hong Kong - have "traditional" flu deaths in 3 digit numbers as a matter of routine. Besides its large and traveling population, this is where the huge pig farm factories are located.

Thinly populated Xinjiang Province - far northwest China - has the many boarding school re-ed facilities. The "9 new cases" doesn't tally too well. Just my pure speculation.

Ditto re my "concerns" re Shanghai. It's a place larger than greater New York City and even in routine times, it's not the healthiest of places. So "13 new cases" as of 28 Jan alerts me to "sources" using the strictest of clinical definitions for the corona virus. This also is just my pure speculation.

Time to wash my hands again ........

TMT Tactical likes this.
  4. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    In general, I wouldn't expect it to spread in other places with the same sort of speed that it may in China. From what I have read they live in much closer confines than we do and have a much smaller personal body space than Westerners. Can you imagine how it can spread in a subway train with people packed in like sardines? We don't have much in the way of mass transit where I live and people don't get up close here. We are actually sort of funny to watch in an elevator as people try not to touch or even be too close to each other.

TMT Tactical and Dunmaghlas like this.
  5. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    they reckon it will be ONE YEAR before any vaccine is available for public use.
    there could be a lot more dead in that time.
    just ordered some more face masks, I don't think it will ever get this far out but it dosent hurt to be prepared, the shops will soon run out of stock if it ever gets to the UK.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  6. Pragmatist

485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good morning Lonewolf,

Good move re the face masks.

There's also an important aspect to masks not discussed too much, especially not in Prepper groups.

The face mask, whether of the variety to actually protect against current need, is also a public message.

If not wearing one in public when others are, it sends a message that someone does not care about the safety of others. So far, this is not applicable here in the upstart colonies but in China it is.

"In the contest between yourself and the world, bet on the side of the world." Franz Kafka

TMT Tactical likes this.
  7. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    wife and I have always thought if someone has the (usual) flu or a cold we should be like the Chinese and wear face masks in public, but people don't give a damn, most don't even use a handkerchief or tissue but wipe their noses on the sleeve or their hands, if they behave like that when this virus gets here it'll be like the black death/plague all over again.
    I've got a box of medical masks (and surgical gloves) I bought long ago but the ones I ordered are a bit more robust than that.
    may never be needed but i'd rather be "safer than sorry"!!

Dunmaghlas and TMT Tactical like this.
  8. poltiregist

poltiregist Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    Masks can't hurt but have seen reported where this virus can be transmitted by an enfected person sneezing or coughing and the vapor molucles can enter its new host through the eyes or lips . A Darth Vader helmet would be better .

9. Snyper

Snyper Master Survivalist
      330/345

Blog Posts:
    If the sick people were wearing masks the droplets would be contained.
    People who are not sick typically get the germs by touching their eyes,mouth or nose with dirty hands after being in close contact with someone sick.

Surgical masks are to protect the ones NOT wearing them.

Dunmaghlas, TexDanm and TMT Tactical like this.
  10. poltiregist

515/575

Blog Posts:
    Bianco research now predicting by the end of the upcoming month of February 183 million infected people world wide . But this is based on what cases China is admitting to , not what is probably reality . This virus is expecting to mutate over and over making that vaccine elusive and the death rate of those infected unpredictable .

TMT Tactical likes this.
  11. Pragmatist

485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good afternoon Poltiregist,

Until a second reading, had thought a holster manufacturer made the forecast.

It's getting interesting.

For the current advanced-level Prepper, the "concerns" must also address the panics and results such as the rush to the hospital with high-fever kids and the red light ......... Like that song: "It happens every time.....".

One indicator I'm watching is whether China plans to permanently close all their wildlife markets. This won't address the current populations infected with the virus but can determine the severity of the virus and those already infected. Closing markets means closing revenue sources.

Again, it's getting interesting.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  12. Snyper

330/345

Blog Posts:
    They get paid to do predictions (guesswork) for the media.
    That doesn't mean they are always accurate.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  13. Snyper

330/345

Blog Posts:
    TMT Tactical likes this.
  14. poltiregist

515/575

Blog Posts:
    True - but as a prepper I look for worst case scenarios and make that my prep target . I suppose some look at the ice cream prediction for their prep plan . I don't just talk about being a prepper I actually put into action a plan for any worst case S.H.T. F. event . I am not trying to scare people . I am just presenting what I think a serious prepper should be prepared for .

TMT Tactical, Sourdough and Rebecca like this.
  15. Snyper

330/345

Blog Posts:
    If their speculations are true one might as well go out and start digging a grave.

"Prepping" is really the same for everything.
    People's needs don't change that much.

I see no reason to think deaths from this virus will be that much higher than historic numbers for other flu deaths:

TMT Tactical likes this.
  16. Pragmatist

485/575

Blog Posts:
    https://www.marketwatch.com/story/for-now-the-flu-is-a-bigger-risk- than -corona -virus-2020-01-30

Good morning Snyper,

Exactly ! Completely correct. "'Prepping' is really the same for everything".

The private citizen Prepper addresses entering the c rowded store for common-denominator risks. It doesn't matter if rthe person coughing is infected with the corona virus, the influenza virus or just the rot gut vodka they had for breakfast.

It's parallel to how the actuaries will study the subtropical area sports arena this Sunday with a packed in crowd and how to adjust anti-terrorism insurance rates.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  17. poltiregist

515/575

Blog Posts:
    Oops one of Donald Trumps close white house staff let it slip out . Closing down U.S. airports is on the discussion table . No details given but suppose that is international flights he meant not the entire airport . It would not be a good time for citizens of any country to go visit another country , might not come back . Seems the White house staff thinks this may be more than a fancy flu . I will make an attempt at spelling the sources name " Donald Rumsfield " .

Last edited: Feb 1, 2020
    Rebecca and TMT Tactical like this.
  18. LastOutlaw

LastOutlaw Legendary Survivalist
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    I can't help but wonder about all the hype being associated with this virus.
    A couple of thoughts.
    First, China has refused assistance from the US and the CDC. I've heard rumors of the virus being caused by eating bat soup or some crap like that. I also read that this virus came out of an area that houses a government lab that works with virus like this one. Is it possible that China is refusing CDC assistance because they leaked this virus themselves either accidentally or on purpose? They must know that the first thing the CDC will do is search for patient Zero.

Second, the numbers of the cases of this are so much smaller than the H1N1. Why so much hype about it being such a disaster? Is it possible that this is being used to either affect the world economy or is going to be used to cover for economic failure in the future? The Bond market certainly is on shaky ground and has been for quite a long while. Also the bank repo market has had to have millions shoved into it every month to keep it solvent.

Seems quite a bit of this just doesn't add up.

CAPTAIN TRIPS?

TMT Tactical and poltiregist like this.
  19. LastOutlaw

510/575

Blog Posts:
    Oh, that jackwagon. Trying to stay relevant I see. So many of those these days.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  20. Pragmatist

485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good afternoon Last Outlaw,

I'm in that second camp you mentioned above.

The flu is by far causing more problems for the US than the corona virus. Yet CDC is in overdrive to work on the corona virus matter.

In today's Wall Street Journal, is a short editorial somewhat anti US Secretary of Commerce Wilbur Ross. Yesterday the Trump administration declared a public health emergency. SecCom Ross was publicly quoted as saying all our sympathy goes out to the sufferers of the corona virus. He also said "..it does give businesses another thing to consider when they go through their review of their supply chain." He also said "help accelerate the return of jobs" to US.

The editorial is titled "Wuhan Wilbur Ross" in today's weekend WSJ.

There's also an article ... haven't read it yet ... in different section of WSJ titled "When China Coughs, Supply Chains Fall Ill".

Besides CDC going full blast on prep regarding the corona virus, so too, is the Tokyo Olympics Committee folks in their preps.

I'm also following the financial markets and had to avoid - this took much restraint - commenting on your recent post re the new inverse yield curve. Much going on and I am sure last week's US-China trade agreement was less about the hard winter wheat and soybeans agreements and more so about what's going on with the health emergencies - both the corona beer one and the flu that is terrible here in the mid-Atlantic - because so many did not get the available and usually no-cost flu shot.

Meanwhile, back to washing hands again...........

LastOutlaw and TMT Tactical like this.
  21. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Legendary Survivalist
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    Chinese leadership has moved their quarters to a safe-space island. Chinese citizens not happy about it. At least one Chinese physician is furious about it (I hope he isn't imprisoned for saying so).

https://news.yahoo.com/coronavirus-outbreak-highlights-cracks-beijing-215649732.html

"In Shanghai, an infectious-disease doctor proclaimed he’d switch out his front-line doctors with Communist Party officials. 'Didn’t they all pledge an oath when they joined the party?' he asked, his sarcasm apparent despite his level voice." Yahoo News

A milestone to look for will be when the virus spreads to Beijing in a big way. This hasn't happened so far. Beijing has cases, sure, but not overwhelming numbers. Wuhan, there they are having to build a dedicated hospital for pneumonia cases caused by the virus. Any outbreak of fill-in-the-blank-flu kills; however, it is under 1% & could be as low as 0.01%; this coronavirus is killing 2%. That doesn't sound big, however put that number against a country whose population exceeds a billion people. Again, the swine flu that broke out in the early 2000-ands was MUCH worse of a killer. This current coronavirus ain't that and it will not likely evolve into that.

The actions of China's leadership -- or lack thereof -- is causing anger in China. Even if they are a totalitarian state, 1,500,000,000 people simply shifting their weight can cause BIG problems. And China's regions/peoples/cultures are NOT unified now, nor have they ever been. Shake-up that mix and see what it buys you.

10x?

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/...umber-could-be-10-times-official-figure-study

Medical study that above article uses as basis. This is published in The Lancet, one of the premier medical publications on our planet.
    https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lancet/article/PIIS0140-6736(20)30260-9/fulltext

LastOutlaw, TMT Tactical and Rebecca like this.
  22. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    From The Lancet:

Findings

In our baseline scenario, we estimated that the basic reproductive number for 2019-nCoV was 2·68 (95% CrI 2·47–2·86) and that 75 815 individuals (95% CrI 37 304–130 330) have been infected in Wuhan as of Jan 25, 2020. The epidemic doubling time was 6·4 days (95% CrI 5·8–7·1). We estimated that in the baseline scenario, Chongqing, Beijing, Shanghai, Guangzhou, and Shenzhen had imported 461 (95% CrI 227–805), 113 (57–193), 98 (49–168), 111 (56–191), and 80 (40–139) infections from Wuhan, respectively. If the transmissibility of 2019-nCoV were similar everywhere domestically and over time, we inferred that epidemics are already growing exponentially in multiple major cities of China with a lag time behind the Wuhan outbreak of about 1–2 weeks.

Interpretation

Given that 2019-nCoV is no longer contained within Wuhan, other major Chinese cities are probably sustaining localised outbreaks. Large cities overseas with close transport links to China could also become outbreak epicentres, unless substantial public health interventions at both the population and personal levels are implemented immediately. Independent self-sustaining outbreaks in major cities globally could become inevitable because of substantial exportation of presymptomatic cases and in the absence of large-scale public health interventions. Preparedness plans and mitigation interventions should be readied for quick deployment globally.

LastOutlaw and TMT Tactical like this.
  23. LastOutlaw

510/575

Blog Posts:
    Also, I read that Russia has closed it's border with China. All vehicle and rail travel between the two areas closed especially all rail travel between the two countries. The bond yield and the repo problem has been ongoing for quite some time now. My understanding is that both are un-fixable and must remain propped up with large influxes of cash from the FED. We also (in this home) watch the financial markets for signs but do not invest. Probably only know enough about it to be very dangerous if investing.

As for flu shots I have NEVER had one and only had the flu maybe once in my life. So long ago that I can't remember when it was. I do not trust GOV enough to run off and let them inject me with stuff. Especially when it is free. "Dead giveaway". Pardon the double or triple pun.

TMT Tactical and howler like this.
  24. Pragmatist

485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good evening Last Outlaw,

Of course the US fin situation is unfixable.

I have a hunch the public sector pension checks will stop at some point not too far distant from now.

You've got a good immunity to influenza.

I've had it and it's rough.

TMT Tactical and LastOutlaw like this.
  25. Sourdough

Sourdough "eleutheromaniac"
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    There are currently 14,550 confirmed cases worldwide, including 304 fatalities.

Rebecca and TMT Tactical like this.
  26. Snyper

330/345

Blog Posts:
    TMT Tactical likes this.
  27. Dunmaghlas

Dunmaghlas Expert Member
      237/345

Blog Posts:
    Exactly. It has nothing to do with keeping us from getting sick when we get the flu, but it makes a world of difference when the sick wear masks.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  28. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    427 reported deaths from the virus worldwide as of today.

TMT Tactical and Rebecca like this.
  29. Dunmaghlas

Dunmaghlas Expert Member
      237/345

Blog Posts:
    And still not a pandemic? Do they realize how quickly this is accelerating?

30. Dunmaghlas

Dunmaghlas Expert Member
      237/345

Blog Posts:
    Doesn't it just need to spread across the world to be a pandemic? It's literally in other countries so that marks that off. It was already an epidemic, since it spread through Wuhan and then the rest of China so quickly, so that's off the list, all we got left is endemic, which would totally suck for the Chinese. So what's up with the CDC delaying this? They ain't ready for a pandemic yet? Many of us are, so they need to hurry up already.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  31. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    the majority of deaths are still in China.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  32. Dunmaghlas

Dunmaghlas Expert Member
      237/345

Blog Posts:
    True, but I'm pretty sure it just needs to spread to be a pandemic, not kill. Could be wrong though, don't know.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  33. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    according to the dictionary a disease just has to be widespread in a country, a continent or the whole world, to be a pandemic, just the disease not deaths from.
    I suppose they don't want to scare people into mass panic.

TMT Tactical and Dunmaghlas like this.
  34. Dunmaghlas

Dunmaghlas Expert Member
      237/345

Blog Posts:
    Ok, makes sense. And even though I don't like BBC for many, many reasons, this article seems to check out and basically says Corona is a pandemic.

https://www.bbc.com/news/health-51358459
    What is a pandemic?

The description is reserved for an infectious disease threatening lots of people all over the world simultaneously.
    A recent example was the 2009 swine flu pandemic, which experts think killed hundreds of thousands of people.
    Pandemics are more likely if a virus is brand new, able to infect people easily and can spread from person to person in an efficient and sustained way.
    Coronavirus appears to tick all of those boxes.
    With no vaccine or treatment that can prevent it yet, containing its spread is vital.

Rebecca, TMT Tactical and lonewolf like this.
  35. Snyper

330/345

Blog Posts:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pandemic
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:WHO_pandemic_phases.png
    "The World Health Organization (WHO) has a six-stage classification that describes the process by which a novel influenza virus moves from the first few infections in humans through to a pandemic.

This starts with the virus mostly infecting animals, with a few cases where animals infect people, then moves through the stage where the virus begins to spread directly between people, and ends with a pandemic when infections from the new virus have spread worldwide.

A disease or condition is not a pandemic merely because it is widespread or kills many people; it must also be infectious. For instance, cancer is responsible for many deaths but is not considered a pandemic because the disease is not infectious or contagious.[2]"

36. LastOutlaw

510/575

Blog Posts:
    We are beginning to see people in Walmart wearing masks. Whole families. I didn't see that with the H1N1 and it was much more widespread and resulted in more deaths. The hype is beginning to work. This week Walmart checkers were wearing rubber gloves. When asked about it the checker said it is because people carry their money in nasty places. In their pants, bras, in their hair etc. Supposedly a lady pulled her money from her hair to pay and infested the whole store with lice. They had to disinfect everything there. That may or may not be the reason. I try not to buy anything from that particular Walmart because in the past it has infected my cabinets with pantry moths and took months of cleaning and wasted large amounts of food that had to be thrown out. The only place they could have come from was a box of cereal that was brought in from that Walmart with a broken seal. That store has a really poor record for selling bad food, sour milk, meat packaged with huge amounts of water in them , etc. Sam Walton would turn over in his grave.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  37. Pragmatist

485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good afternoon Last Outlaw,

This is a timely post because of the subject matter. It's important for us.

The media and public service announcements are more sophisticated now than during H1N1.

Speaking of a cereal box;

A big "concern" here is whether the Wuhan corona virus can be carried on mail / express envelopes of paper/poly coming from China to here. The authorities say no worry because this virus cannot attach and thrive on the paper/poly.

A few years ago, my daughter had to attend some seminars in Washington, D.C. because of the anthrax attacks. The anthrax was arriving at her office via envelope.

We Preppers must consider all above to be a common - denominator in re health matters to prevent dangers. P rudence must govern. Haven't been to rural Texas in ages but here the area is filthy.

The Walmart here won't win awards for being "Dutch clean" if I may use an expression that is now probably verbotten in polite society. I go to places like Walmart at hours when minimal shoppers are present. At all hours there are few employees.

TMT Tactical and LastOutlaw like this.
  38. Dunmaghlas

Dunmaghlas Expert Member
      237/345

Blog Posts:
    So is it stage 5? That's what it looks like going off the WHO's rules. It'll be a pandemic soon then if we don't do something. I'll come back from boot camp and feel like the last man alive lol

TMT Tactical likes this.
  39. Snyper

330/345

Blog Posts:
    It will be a pandemic no matter what anyone does.
    It won't be the worst that has ever been.
    It will be the most reported though.

40. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    A publication in China may have printed actual numbers of the scope of this virus, however those numbers were yanked fairly quickly and replaced with the Chinese government's approved numbers.

https://www.taiwannews.com.tw/en/news/3871594

41. Rebecca

Rebecca Master Survivalist
      315/345

Blog Posts:
    Those numbers in their "mistake" would not surprise me at all. In fact it would probably be more realistic.

The actions of China and many other governments simply do not match up with what the official numbers and government statements tell us.

Who honestly locks down more than 50 million people for something mainstream media and governments claim is less dangerous than the flu we see every year? The whole thing is suspicious and full of lies.

TMT Tactical and Sourdough like this.
  42. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    TMT Tactical and Sourdough like this.
  43. Dunmaghlas

Dunmaghlas Expert Member
      237/345

Blog Posts:
    Definitely most reported, no doubt about that.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  44. watcherchris

watcherchris Legendary Survivalist
      510/575

Blog Posts:

Sometimes I wonder what world some of you are living in and with....,

I don't believe many of you understand that plans...extreme plans...contingency plans have been on the books for many many years now.....probably since WW 2 and before.

For years and years now ..on our highways and interstates ..there have been signs placed for exclusively military convoy routes...and augmented today by GPS dedicated specifically for and to the military.

Do you think that plans are not in place for airports...civilian and military..even shipping ports...to shut them down or severely curtail who can enter and leave.???

We have plans on the books on how to overthrow Mexico...and even Canada...or destabilize their governments...and so too do many other nations...contingency plans...

This is not a White hat/black hat world...it is far worse than that and at best many of us are stuck with the Kardashians.

For years and years now I have thought that there were in place...plans for our government to shoot down American Airliners and any other planes should the right circumstances occur.

What caused me to think this was back when the Palestinian's were hijacking another airliner every other day...

And then the Cuban Boat people here were hijacking airliners trying to go back to Cuba...every other day.,

In case you do not understand....there are plans if need be...to shut down all transport in America....on the roads/land...at sea.and in the air....

And if need be stop it by force in extreme conditions.

To me this was verified on 9/11 by the plane crashing in Shanksville, Pa..though the news declared differently.

To me someone not wanting to be known or understood pulled out a contingency folder..and made decisions on the fly....under crisis conditions. But we have people trained to make such decisions...and to me they were made.

No one want us to know or think these plans exist...but I am certain they are there.....

How about those Kardashians...??

Is the primary job of the US Secret Service to protect the Presidents life or to protect the state secrets given to them once the oath is taken???

No one wants to think that far...do we??? No one wants us to be "able" to think that far....Kardashians anyone...??

Sorry for the rant but I am not surprised that the White House is so discussing such plans. To me someone is pulling out olde contingency folders/files and examining the application to todays circumstances. Someone pulled them out some time ago and re examined them before getting them ready for the White House and decisions.

And I think this happens with many agencies and more often than Most of us want to know.

I am asking myself ...if this runs away..how is it going to affect Israel and the Arabs..the Palestenians...and their forever feud?? Their blame game.?? The Middle East???

How about other nations with tenuous/contentious relationships???

If these nations are going down..will they opt to settle olde scores...instead..??

My non Ishmaelite 02,
    Watcherchris

Last edited: Feb 6, 2020
    TMT Tactical likes this.
  45. Pragmatist

485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good afternoon Watcherchris,

You said it clearer in the one above post than I tried to do in several posts over a large time-frame.

I still have some US DOT manuals for national emergency transportation matters that I used when a civilian reservist with OET, US DOT. I worked the emergency transport of oil, oil products and some refinery spares. My of my transport was inland waterways and US territorial seas. Had worked nuc alerts, oil embargoes,and some events not in the news.

We've perfected the system. Today we have the Strategic Petroleum Reserve and the Tenn-Tom Waterway. The physical security is like the Wall Street finance houses: the best. No one's going spear fishing around LOOP - Louisiana Offshore Oil Port.

After the 2002 "Beltway Sniper" attacks in northern Virginia, D.C. and adjacent Maryland ... I remember one attack was reported in Ashland, north Richmond area ... the entire National Capital Region to Navy Norfolk, the corridor was "hardened". Just one hint of a threat will have the specific area with no electricity, no communications devices, all area schools in lock down, all highways and roads closed. Rest areas will not be places to rest.

From a vague memory, the first Muhammud/Malmo trials were in Chesapeake and/or Virginia Beach.

TWA 800, Jamaica Bay, NYC

The US has tested and refined plans with resources to accomplish major projects even though most are unaware.

Remember the 101 st Airborne flight on Arrow Air from Sinai to home in Ft Cambell, Ky via Gander, Canada. The tragedy was addressed and so far, all OK, at least for the last 3 years.

The sheltered suburbs don't even know that Goose Bay was used for US military and civilian flights and Gander was for the eastern bloc, especially Aeroflot, Moscow, Shannon, Gander, Havana.

No one's shooting up the US and not becoming nutrients for the weeds or plankton.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  46. watcherchris

watcherchris Legendary Survivalist
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    Yes..I remember that tragic accident ..and was thinking back then that there was way more to it than the public was told...and perhaps good that they were not told.

I've been to Goose Bay....also Gander....and St Johns Newfoundland...many years ago.

I flew by C130 from Langley AFB to RAF Mildenhall, Uk and back....and when flying into Goose Bay and you look out across that portion of Canada before arriving at Goose Bay....how vast and empty that portion of Canada is......very large and empty.

I expect Greenland is similar...

That remains in my mind to this day how large and empty is that portion of Canada.

Watcherchris
    Not an Ishmaelite.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  47. Pragmatist

485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good morning Watcherchris,

Most definitely, much info kept from the public re the Arrow Air Gander crash.

I have a hunch that President Trump's recent casual joking comment about buying Greenland wasn't casual nor a joke.

watcherchris likes this.
  48. LastOutlaw

510/575

Blog Posts:
  49. poltiregist

515/575

Blog Posts:
    Yesterday , Feb ninth , Sunday , The worst death tally from the virus reached a new record high 97 deaths in that one day . This is taking at face value the Chinese Government is accurately reporting the real tally . The virus has now spread to 27 countries . This report coming from BBC news . Banks and other businesses shut down in China with just a few people on the streets .

TMT Tactical, Rebecca and LastOutlaw like this.
  50. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    "Chinese Billionaire Whistleblower: Warns Virus Death Toll Topping 50,000 with 2.5 Million Infectected"

https://wallstreetrebel.com/wsr/art...pping_50_000_with_25/2020-02-10-16-53-18.html

"Chinese billionaire Guo Wengui who has a history of blowing the whistle on his former government is claiming that his sources in China are warning that the current number of those infected with the virus and the death toll is being covered up by President Xi and his regime in an interview with former White House chief strategist Steve Bannon.

"Guo Wengui claims to have inside information that China has about 1.5 million confirmed Coronavirus cases in China…

"'So I got inside information. The truth is 1.5 million people is not only an observation, it is confirmed cases. And the number of people who have died, as the burned bodies show, is more than 50,000.'

"Wengui told Bannon that China is engaged in a life and death struggle to contain the Coronavirus while it’s done everything it can to prevent a game-changing public outcry against it by imposing absolute censorship and tight control of the real threat to the 50+ million people that have been quarantined.

"The Chinese government arrested Dr. Li Wenliang, who sounded the alarm about the disease, succumbed to an infection, and died this week while trying to get the word out about the danger of this new form of the coronavirus. After the physician died, Chinese officials tried to suppress news of his death.

"The cover-up afterward led to Chinese citizens doing the unthinkable and posting a hashtag on Chinese social media asserting #IWantFreedomOfSpeech. But the Chinese government has been shutting down access to China’s social media and people who dare speak out are starting to disappear, some being quarantined with those infected while others are being jailed."

"Wengui emphatically insists that there are 49 crematoriums in Wuhan, and they’ve been working 24/7 for 17 days.

"Last week February 4th, a crematorium worker identified as “Mr. Yun” allegedly told a Chinese newspaper he and co-workers have been working 24 hours a day and that each funeral home in Wuhan are fully equipped, and all Wuhan cremation chambers have been working around the clock for 17 straight days to keep up with the funerals.

"Mr. Yun went on to say at his location alone as of February 4th needed, 100 body bags a day. The Epoch Times reporting what Mr. Yun has to say, for perspective, does have a strong anti-communist party bias, but it has not failed any fact checks but is considered to have a mixed reputation in the past. It’s reporting, however, in the case of Mr. Yun has been picked up by the very credible Daily Mail of the United Kingdom.

"Common sense applied to the report should acknowledge that not all the cadavers being incinerated at Wuhan’s crematoriums are victims of the result of the Coronavirus. Keep in mind that Wuhan has a population of 11 million people and there is a steady number of deaths daily from other causes. That reality wouldn’t account for the 17 days of the round-the-clock pace of cremations being reported by the billionaire whistleblower Guo Wengui.

"One crematorium manager told a Hong Kong reporter that, in normal times, his 24 ovens were lit five days a week for four hours at a time. Now, he said, they have so many corpses to deal with that all the ovens are going around the clock. WallStreetRebel.com is attempting to track this claim and the identity of the Hong Kong reporter."

Rebecca, TMT Tactical and poltiregist like this.