D-i-y Cans Pouch For Belt

Discussion in 'Packs, Bags, and Other Craftsmanship' started by Pragmatist, Oct 17, 2020.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    https://www.totallypromotional.com/bags/tote-bags.html

Good morning all,

This post is a cross-reference matter to yesterday's "Find the Snake in Picture" post.

I am currently making a pouch for 3 to 5 cylinder, vertical axis sprayers.

Above link plced here only for illustration of type item used and to show how to save $ using a D-I-Y effort.

I took a handout/freeby poly bag from a health fair to use as the pouch.

1. Placed a spray bottle inside tote bag, placed a DEET can inside bag, placed wasp sprayer inside bag...all next to each other.

2. Instead of sewing.....project would have already been completed if I could have easily threaded a needle with strong button or upholstery thread ... I made the canister compartments seperated from each other by using some #10, 24 X 1/2 inch bolts and nuts with a metal "washer". A small ice pick got holes started.

3. There is much poly cloth left over. One section was folded over so as to have a wide belt loop attachment. Other section might remain as a flap unless I get the energy/time (not in that bad of shape; just going through a shingles shot), to cut it off.

4. Tote bag's handles cut off and in sewing box with other remnants of excess materials. "Waste not. Want not".

Note: My sewing box can serve as great kindling for a weather camp fire. It really needs to be cleaned up.

Note: My bolt applications are neater than my sewing or my painting.

Note: These give-away freeby tote bags can be used to make a big pocket on back of economy cargo vests. Just sew on a large section to back of vest and - Presto ! - a pocket for maps in rainproof bags or other flat big stuff.

TMT Tactical likes this.