Dealing With Anxiety

Discussion in 'Mental Preparedness' started by overcast, Jul 19, 2017.

0/5, 0 votes

1. overcast

overcast Member
      23/29

Blog Posts:
    I have found that when the situation is out of hand. And there seems to be no support for me. I noticed that it creates anxiety. I want to know what are some of the ways with such anxiety can be managed. I know that when it comes to survival in the wild, this type of anxiety can be bad. And this may affect other mental blocks. So I want to learn from you how would you fight with this sort of mental block? How do you adjust to issues around?

2. Deathisue

Deathisue New Member
      8/29

Blog Posts:
    Dealing with anxiety is complicated because it is caused by the fact that you feel that everything is getting out of your hands, the dangers, depression and the fact that everything is not going as we wanted can generate a lot of anxiety, the maximum You can do is deal with those sources of anxiety or face those factors that generate you anxiety and maintain your composure and not let those events outweigh you because in a situation of risk can be a big problem.

3. Keith H.

Keith H. Moderator Staff Member
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    I believe in myself. I know I can fix anything. Someone else making a mess of something, let them go. Wait until they have finished & put it right myself. Far less stress that way.
    Keith.

branchd77 likes this.
  4. branchd77

branchd77 Administrator Staff Member Gold Supporter
      257/345

Blog Posts:
    I have found that the best way for me personally to deal with anxiety is to accept the things that are out of my control and fix the ones that I have control over. If you can't fix it within a reasonable amount of time or at all just let it be and accept it. If it is something you can fix do it right now or make a plan. If you make a plan stick with it. Outside of that, there is no need to worry and work yourself up. The anxiety can in most cases cause you more pain than the original problems.

Keith H. likes this.
  5. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    God give me strength to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

In the end you either learn to roll with the blows and bounce back or life will eat you up. The one thing that years do for you is allow a perspective. Bad times come but will usually end fairly soon. Good times come by too and when they do you need to glory in them and appreciate them.

Most of the time life is pretty much just living another day. The secret to being happy most of the time is to be happy and enjoy any time when you aren't miserable and then just hunker down and wait till the storm passes when bad things happen. Don't anticipate misery. It will get there in good time but you don't have to live through it until it happens.

You can find happiness almost anywhere if you just look for it. Stop and smell the roses and share it with someone, lay in the grass and look at the clouds and help someone else see what you see, Go out on a clear night with someone you love and watch the stars. Do these things and you are making memory points in your days. When you look back and smile at the memories you made those happy days. If you do nothing those days are gone forever unremembered as either good or bad. Make as many good days in your memories as you can.

Just as you should not anticipate misery, don't carry it on your back after it has passed. I don't remember the date that my Mama died. I instead remember the many good days. I remember my Dad fishing with me and talking about things. Don't made any day a bad day forever, every year just because something bad happened on that day once.

6. Keith H.

Keith H. Moderator Staff Member
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    Good post, good advice.
    Keith.

7. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    I don't get anxious as such, its not situations and events that cause me problems but the actions of other people, which is why I am a loner most of the time, I tend to avoid other people as much as I can, post SHTF is other people who will be a danger to life and limb.

8. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    Part of the problem that we are seeing in the more developed countries is basically massively increased stress caused in part by way to much information hitting us 24/7/365. Your brain was evolved to allow you to survive in a jungle to savannah pastoral environment. You SEE everything and then the natural filters delete most of it as unimportant so that you could better be aware of the things that you needed to be aware of like finding food and avoiding predators.

People did pretty well for thousands of centuries with these filters. Think about how fast new vistas are coming into view when you are walking or even riding an animal or in a wagon pulled by an animal. Now we are in cars flying along and our eyes are still seeing everything. We read every sign, see every license plate number and are filtering it all at a rate that is a bit overwhelming. Also when you look at a TV or go to a movie you are actually seeing a series of still pictures that you are putting together and interpreted as moving.

People generally think of stress as only related to bad things happening but good and bad are just interpretations of reality. Stress is actually an accumulation of all forces both physical and mental that impact on us. It is a slow insidious sort of thing kind of like erosion. Over time the various stresses that we were never designed to deal with begin to wear us down. With all of our modern science and better more easily obtained foods people don't live any longer than they did a hundred years ago. The increase that you might see in life expectancy is more related to lower infant mortality rates and fewer childhood deaths than people actually living longer at the end.

Suicides are exploding with 45,000 Americans a year dying by their own hands and another untold thousands that might as well be suicides. Suicide by cop or suicide by driving like you don't care if you make it home are examples of this. At a time when life is, on the surface, easier than ever in history people are struggling. Our kids are being impacted at younger ages than ever.

9. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    the suicide rate will sky rocket post SHTF as people realise the enormity of their situation.

10. SurvivalMike

SurvivalMike New Member
      1/29

Blog Posts:
    you should check out the jocko willink podcast. hes an ex navy seal commander who speaks on matters like this a lot.