Delta Cabin Crew Get Infected Also

Discussion in 'News, Current Events, and Politics' started by Pragmatist, Apr 11, 2020.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
  2. Overwatch

Overwatch Expert Member
      185/230

Blog Posts:
    Dalewick and TMT Tactical like this.
  3. varuna

varuna Tree killer & a cat person
      380/460

Blog Posts:
    The air in airline cabin will only circulate for around 3 minutes at most and doesn't get recycled either (turbine engine suck a lot of external air)

TMT Tactical likes this.
  4. F22 Simpilot

F22 Simpilot Master Survivalist
      407/460

Blog Posts:

Wrong. The air is heavily recirculated in a plane albeit some is pulled in from the outside. This is why the air onboard a jet is so dry, and since it's so dry it has the ability to make one sick. So HEPA filters and UV light withen the ventilation system sounds prudent given what we are going through now, and to address future pandemics, etc. It makes sense to use this now anyway because pneumonia can kill people.

I do believe there are already HEPA filters though, but not UV lights.

Hospitals should really look into better HVAC if they don't already. I mean hospital-wide. Not just some rooms. .

TMT Tactical likes this.
    1. Dalewick
      Most hospitals only have HVAC in there isolation wards. They cite expense.

Dalewick, May 23, 2020
      TMT Tactical likes this.
  5. F22 Simpilot

407/460

Blog Posts:
    TMT Tactical likes this.
  6. F22 Simpilot

407/460

Blog Posts:
    Okay, just skimmed through that Mother Jones article which is a far-left shit website. The flight attendant more than likely got COVID from somewhere else, not on board. In an effort to control a major PR disaster, the airline doesn't want people to get the wrong idea. Can you imagine? People not flying would cause the airlines to fold and we don't need trillion dollar bills bailing out the damn airlines time and time again due to bullshit, unfounded panic.

I'm hear to tell you flying is very safe given the thousands of planes both private and commercial a day. And the air filtration system is really robust.

Right now there has been an uptick in airline travel and things are getting back to normal.

Now articles like that and the media in general tend to strong arm one's common sense and craw up inside their ass. Perfect example is me seeing people wear a mask in their own damn car, or walking their dog down the sidewalk wearing a mask. Now common sense would dictate you don't need to wear a mask in your own damn car, or wear one while outside. The aerosol from a cough or sneeze will be so diffused it's not even funny and the UV and high temps right now will destroy the virus cell in no time. And I've read months ago that outside the virus lasts but eight minutes. With higher temps, higher humidity and UV light now, perhaps it's at least 4 minutes. I don't know. What I do know is it's stupid as all fuck to even think you can't get the virus with a mask anyway unless it's tightly fitted and at least N95, and wearing one in the car or outside is nonsensical. You only want to wear one in a store or crowded areas like a plane, etc.. But then again, I'm not a doctor, biologist or the savor Anthony Fauci.

The media owns the psyche of the people. Left, right, wrong, right, good or bad. Pick a side.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  7. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good morning F22,

Besides a properly fitted N95 mask, there are voices saying that the eyes need form fitted goggles just as much if not more so.

Depends on what is being measured re flying safety. The person sitting 4 rows away from you transferred to your flight from Faucett Airlines, Peru's carrier - if still in existence.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  8. Dalewick

Dalewick Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    The airlines are already in bad shape financially. GE aviation is starting there second round of lay offs and downsizing. Most departments that had 4 or 5 engineers are now down to 1 or 2. If the industry doesn't get going again soon. Factories will be closing and then parts for maintenance will become very difficult to get, which will start grounding aircraft. Which will lead to more layoffs.

I agree with including UV systems in all air circulation systems. While UV doesn't actually kill bacteria or viruses, it does interrupt there reproduction cycle, thus ending there ability to make anyone sick. That's a lot of return on an inexpensive investment. Does the same thing to algae and all other simple life forms.

Dale

TMT Tactical likes this.