Digital Currency?

Discussion in 'Financial Planning' started by John Snort, Jun 22, 2016.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Legendary Survivalist
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    And, it is high time that anti-trust laws be brought to bear on these monopolies. The oligarchs who own these monopolies also own big government office holders. When monopolies own the government, capitalism dies.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  2. Brownbear

Brownbear Master Survivalist
      410/460

Blog Posts:
    I think you might be right :D

TMT Tactical likes this.
  3. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    I KNOW its right:)

TMT Tactical and Brownbear like this.
  4. Max rigger

Max rigger Master Survivalist
      415/460

Blog Posts:
  5. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    the only cashless society I want is post SHTF.

Brownbear and TMT Tactical like this.
  6. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    "Cash remains most common means of payment in Germany"

https://www.centralbanking.com/cent...mains-most-common-means-of-payment-in-germany

"Cash remained the main means of payment in Germany in 2021, although its usage has dropped considerably since 2017, a Deutsche Bundesbank study finds.

"The Bundesbank’s sixth study on payment behaviour in Germany, published on July 6, found a considerable fall in cash use and a rise in electronics payments. The survey shows participants used banknotes for 58% of their payments over the last year.

"This is down from 74% in 2017, when the central bank carried the previous study. ..."
    -------------------------
    Germans like anonymity. During the covid lockdowns, however, many were forced to use credit card payments / bank electronic transfers. Still, Germans play with their cards close to their chests. Brain wiring is brain wiring.

When I buy ammo, I usually pay cash. One must replace ammo spent at the rifle range. And yes, I do have some German in me. Thank God, the Scots-Irish won-out. ... OK, so I do have to thank the German in me for the math/science wiring.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  7. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    "EU Pushing the ‘Criminalisation’ of Physical Cash with New Anti-Money Laundering Law"

https://www.breitbart.com/europe/20...ical-cash-with-new-anti-money-laundering-law/

Begin quote

Politicians in Brussels have long been pondering an upper legal limit on the value of cash transactions within the bloc, with lawmakers detailing plans to ban Europeans from spending over €10,000 in physical tender as part of a single transaction.

The European Parliament however has now voted for such a proposed limit to be dropped down to as little as €7,000 as part of efforts to clamp down on money laundering and tax dodging within the bloc, with officials also voting to see cryptocurrency transactions paying for goods and services that are valued over €1,000 to be banned.

“While we should focus on money laundering by organized crime and Islamist terrorists, the EU chooses to tighten its surveillance of German savers and pensioners transactions,” Dr Beck remarked [a representative for the populist Alternative for Germany (AfD) party]. “This is a mistake.”

He went on to claim that the AfD were now the “only party defending cash freedom” in Germany, with the members of other supposedly right-leaning parties from the country allegedly voting in favour of the cash restrictions, despite criticising the implementation of similar measures at home.

The populist representative also expressed concern about the nature of the measures Brussels is looking to pass, with the fact that Eurocrats have reportedly decided to opt “for a regulation instead of a directive” meaning that individual nation-states will not be able to avoid having to implement the anti-cash reforms, even if they want to protect the use of physical legal tender within their own countries.

The move to restrict cash transactions within the bloc appears to be part of a larger trend in Europe and the West more broadly, with Australia being one of the first nations to declare it was implementing a ban on cash transactions of 10,000 AUD (~$6,600) or more.

Other European nations already have such measures in place, with the Netherlands banning cash transactions of over €3,000.

Things are even more strict in France, where residents of the country are legally prohibited from paying for goods or services with cash where the transaction would amount to over €1,000, a figure that even prices out many modern electronic devices, such as laptops and smartphones.

End quote

upload_2023-3-30_15-7-24.png

watcherchris and TMT Tactical like this.