Disaster Drone Teams

Discussion in 'News, Current Events, and Politics' started by Pragmatist, Jul 25, 2019.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    Morgan101 and TMT Tactical like this.
  2. TMT Tactical

TMT Tactical The Great Lizard ! Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    Drones are good for SAR but are not good for covert recon. I was really sad when I learned how close a drone had to fly to identify a person.

Morgan101 likes this.
  3. Keith H.

Keith H. Moderator Staff Member
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    The Australian police are using drones.
    Keith.

TMT Tactical and Morgan101 like this.
  4. Morgan101

Morgan101 Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    I think drones certainly serve a purpose. Being able to assess damage in areas where there is no other way to access the area is huge. Certainly much cheaper than flying a helicopter or small plane over the area.

Keith H. and TMT Tactical like this.
  5. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    your sad?? i'm pleased!!

TMT Tactical likes this.
  6. Pragmatist

485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good afternoon TMT Tactical,

American engineers can invent on demand. Time is, however, required. Heck, both "inventions" are new (actually drones were used in WWII). Face recognition software is new.

Plus, soon enough, the drone's sensors will be able to "tap into" the person's RFID medical records implanted chip (like used for pets) and with cross-referencing software, he,she, it will be identified. Again, it takes time. Nothing should be shocking. George Orwell told us about this a little while ago.

Not clear re the mention of covert recon. I was in artillery recon. Anything would be an improvement ! Drone computers won't "round off" like we did. Eg: a km is about a half mile. A yard is just about the same thing as a meter, give or take.

TMT Tactical and Morgan101 like this.
  7. TMT Tactical

510/575

Blog Posts:
    My intended purpose was to patrol my area and detect humans trespassers. Problem is they had to fly too close to the intruders to detect them. That caused several problems: 1) It announced , thru the noise, it's presence. 2) It indicated humans were near by (control or recovery of drone). 3) It was very easy to shoot down. Now I am sure the government has real nice drones that avoid those problems but I don't have a spare half million laying around.

Radar likes this.
  8. Pragmatist

485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good afternoon TMT Tactical,

Understand.

Speaking of George Orwell, a quote:
    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."

Radar and TMT Tactical like this.
  9. TMT Tactical

510/575

Blog Posts:
    I like the quote.

Radar likes this.
  10. Snyper

Snyper Master Survivalist
      330/345

Blog Posts:
    I think that would be determined more by the type and quality of the camera and lens than by the vehicle transporting it.

They are being used at some beaches to carry life preservers to people in danger of drowning.

https://spectrum.ieee.org/automaton...e-drops-life-preserver-to-australian-swimmers

11. TMT Tactical

510/575

Blog Posts:
    The type and quality of the camera has everything to do with it. That also has to do with he size of the drone and the biggest limiting factor, cost. The military have some very good drones, I just can't afford them, don't know any other preppers that can afford them.

12. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    I have a drone recognition chart in my files.
    the only ones I have come across made so much noise you could be well hidden long before they got anywhere close. the first one I encountered nearly blew out my eardrums.

TMT Tactical likes this.