Disaster Prep For Schools

Discussion in 'News, Current Events, and Politics' started by Pragmatist, May 31, 2019.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    Morgan101, Radar and TMT Tactical like this.
  2. Morgan101

Morgan101 Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    Interesting article. Brings up points most would never consider about a damaged school or reopening a school. At least somebody is thinking long term.

I'm sorry, but the psychological impact on the students falls on deaf ears. I am way old school in that regard. We never had counseling, and I think we turned out just fine. A bad thing happened. Bad things always happen. Say prayers for those less fortunate, and more prayers of thanks that you were not one of them. Help those you can, and move on. Why does everybody have to run to counseling? It is a word I am getting sick of hearing. Sorry. Off my soap box now. We can return to our normal programming.

3. Pragmatist

485/575

Blog Posts:
    M101,

True, bad things always happen.

We have more bad things happening now than prior - as per the public schools. Plus, add the lamb stream media magnifying the bad things.

The socio-economic environment is now different. Older eras did not have a national population with marriages dissolving at the 50% rate. Terms like "personal bankruptcy" meant some bad news. Now, it represents successfully exploiting the system and more public assistance for the kids. An era ago, a juvenile delinquent was a child gangster or thug. Today, a prosperous gang leader.

Today, the kids are stressed out to the max. The medications are prescribed like Bazooka bubble gum.

The counselors are on public payrolls and work products for each case is required for their paycheck to continue.

The overall equation has a racial component.

The kids do not end the school day and return home to a meal.

The drug trade is strong and so is the human trafficking trade. Yes, every high school kid here wants to go to Panama City Beach Florida or California.

There's a reason the public schools have an assigned deputy sheriff every school day.

Most places do not have the successful charter schools.

We've got more non-teachers on the school payroll than educators.

It was the best of times; it was the worst of times.

TMT Tactical and Morgan101 like this.
  4. Morgan101

Morgan101 Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    I'm sure you are 100% correct on all counts. How did our moral compass get so screwed up? Raises a whole bunch of questions for another thread, but I don't think it would have a lot to do with prepping.

Radar and TMT Tactical like this.
  5. Pragmatist

485/575

Blog Posts:
    I believe I know what happened - and why - but agree with you not appropriate for this thread.

Now, I do believe it DIRECTLY relates to prepping. The pamphlets don't work. We learned this from the Civil Defense era. Prep must be taught in schools from K-12 and onward into the institutes of lower education.

Today, the public schools are equivalents of FDR's Civilian Conservation Corps, a work relief program augmented with bands. sports teams, clubs, ...

Radar, TMT Tactical and Morgan101 like this.