Disaster Prep Tips From Socalgas

Discussion in 'Earthquake' started by Pragmatist, Oct 15, 2020.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    https://www.thepress.net/news/state...cle_a0f9ce8d-808b-5961-869b-db0e24cf409f.html

Good afternoon all,

Per ...

One tip is to keep wrench near ... to shut off valve.

There are many studies on best places to store tools for emergency repairs during the emergency. Some of the best quality studies came from USAF. Do you keep tools in once centralized location or next to the place wher most probably used ?

In my case, I try to do both. Besides electricity, I have a LPG tank and a well house. In case of hurricane disruption to my typical paths to reach both, I also have a canvas tool bag with additional tools and the misc - not cotter pins like read in a USAF study but Liquid Wrench brand stuff, WD-40 and bug spray. There's a cover to LPG tank lid on gauge and want to ensure no homesteadng bugs present while reaching for the turn-off valve.

Prep, prep, prep
    and
    factor in safety

TMT Tactical likes this.