Disaster Relief Lessons

Discussion in 'News, Current Events, and Politics' started by Pragmatist, Dec 21, 2019.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2019/12/disaster-relief-lessons-cyclone-fani-odisha/

Good morning all,

Per ... The place is in India.

For example:
    More emergency shelters
    Local disaster management authority

Note: "evacuated close to 1.55 million people to 9,177 shelters".

Note: "5. Leadership"

I do not know the level of observance at the religious town of Puri. My litmus test for this is whether the religious town's houses of worship can serve as emergency shelters and are India-equivalent to America's ADA compliant.

Here in the US mid-Atlantic states, I can envision a planning map plotting out 9,177 shelters to be an exercise in bureaucracy and make work programs (plural). PowerPoint projectors required to participate in the shelter map.

TMT Tactical likes this.