Disastrous Outlook

Discussion in 'News, Current Events, and Politics' started by poltiregist, Feb 13, 2020.

0/5, 0 votes

1. poltiregist

poltiregist Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    Farming disaster across the world coming are in some cases done arrived according to google . Asia pork prices have doubled due to swine fever . That is on top of their huge demand of food that will be there if their quarantine gets lifted . In the United States blizzards in the mid west has delayed corn and soybean crops . What happened to the promised global warming ? East Africa their crops are being devoured by locust . Australia is in a drought and is burning up .Southern U.S. crop fields are a soggy mess from too much rain and may not be plantable this year . The food trucks may not arrive at the food stores or if they do food will be very expensive . Anyone got a concern on the global food supply over the next months ?

Last edited: Feb 14, 2020
  2. poltiregist

poltiregist Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    Apparently some of the public is concerned in the U.S. . Survival food stores are producing their long shelf life food at top capacity and are struggling to keep up with the demand . My information this spike in people trying to get their hands on such food has spiked drastically over the last few weeks . Some may be waking up to the preppers way of thinking but I hope it is not already too late for many . Your thoughts on this rush to buy prepper items . Is this "panic or logic " ?

3. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good morning Poltiregist,

My view see logic at work.

My wholesale suppliers are out of N95 / P100 masks for the indefinite future.

Not directly familiar with survival food stores (too expensive compared to our co-op) but the grocery store suppliers have told me of increased sales of coffee and energy bars eg Clif, Granola.

The news coming from China and environs was the wake-up alarm clock. Of course those using logic are probably ~ 3-10%, at most, of the national population without pre-existing preparations like us.

4. Snyper

Snyper Master Survivalist
      330/345

Blog Posts:
    Panic.

5. Sourdough

Sourdough "eleutheromaniac"
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    Yes.......Food has always been a top priority for me. Mostly because of how and where I have lived for the last 50 years. I guess my need for large food inventory is so constant, that the "Global Food Supply" is dwarfed by my personal need. It is like the global problem tends to have period of time it runs. Be that months or a few years. That is dwarfed by my constant for 50 years need to procure food.

6. Rebecca

Rebecca Master Survivalist
      315/345

Blog Posts:
    I think its panic. The problem is people don't learn. They will panic buy now for the virus, or a hurricane etc etc but when the threat goes away (if the virus goes away) they will just eat what they purchased and go back to how things were quite happily. A few, very very few, will learn the lesson and become preppers.

7. Morgan101

Morgan101 Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    I would vote for panic over logic. IMHO there is more concern for the corona virus, and where and how it might spread, rather than agricultural concerns, and shortage of supply. In either case Panic is driving the bus, not logic.

8. Sourdough

Sourdough "eleutheromaniac"
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    Normalcy Bias.........

The normalcy bias, or normality bias, is a belief people hold when there is a possibility of a disaster. It causes people to underestimate both the likelihood of a disaster and its possible effects, because people believe that things will always function the way things normally have functioned. This may result in situations where people fail to adequately prepare themselves for disasters, and on a larger scale, the failure of governments to include the populace in its disaster preparations. About 70% of people reportedly display normalcy bias in disasters.