Disengaging

Discussion in 'Financial Planning' started by Arkane, Aug 8, 2016.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Arkane

Arkane Master Survivalist
      275/297

Blog Posts:
    At present I am in the process of disengaging from financial institutions!
    By Christmas I should be for most intents clear! No loans/debts or savings!

My finances will consist of vehicle rego/insurance and internet access!
    No rent or house loans, no credit cards, no rates, power bills or services!

Costs will be limited to fuel for vehicle and me! and I will be eating a lot of what I catch!

Only real catch is I care for my mother so am tied to the rent bit until she pass's!

Mekada likes this.
  2. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    I wish I could, still got to pay rent and bills.
    if I was alone maybe i'd go on the road, but i'm not so I cant.

3. Tom Williams

Tom Williams Moderator Staff Member
      330/345

Blog Posts:
    to me this means you live within your means that you own what you have free and clear you are ableto pay your bills as you make them

Erik BH201600 likes this.
  4. Arkane

275/297

Blog Posts:
    More like eliminating bills!
    Even if you own land they slug you with rates, water garbage, sewerage, roads maint, Fire levy, greeny levy et farking c!
    Rates used to cover the lot! now they split it up and rip everyone off!

All getting well past stupid and approaching insane!

Mobile home = rego and insurance add internet and that's it!

Most levels of .gov can and do just up the rates etc to increase revenue, sick to death of those parasites bleeding me!

5. Mekada

Mekada Master Survivalist
      270/345

Blog Posts:
    Love your minimalism Arkane!

6. Erik BH201600

Erik BH201600 New Member
      1/23

Blog Posts:
    Very cool accomplishment! I dream of a day where I could just pay some property tax and pay for fuel and medicines and grow and catch food and limit purchases of everything else.

7. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Legendary Survivalist
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    So, Zero Hedge has just posted this article detailing how world economies (especially Western economies) are on the brink. This article contains interesting details one isn't going to be reading in the mainstream media:
    http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-03-11/when-all-blows

8. Arkane

275/297

Blog Posts:
    Disengaging moved forward somewhat this last weekend. Motorhome is now registered and on the road.
    Solar panels, controller, inverter etc ordered and on the way.

Old Geezer likes this.
  9. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    Yes, true investing. What you'll be needing, durable goods, are in your physical possession. Too, you'll be having fun pre-SHTF. Getting out and exploring the outer world, expands one's inner world. Trips hither-thither are also a form of scouting-out where one would wish to go, where one would rather not go, in times future. The question, "Are the people friendly in this area?" gets answered. Should you discover reliable friends of like mind, that could turn out to be a treasure chest. Any mistakes you make pre-SHTF will count as survival lessons, not failures. All this is very, very valuable stuff, indeed!

10. Arkane

275/297

Blog Posts:
    Solar panels, controller, inverter etc ordered and on the way.

Fast delivery as the above arrived today

11. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    Big capacitors on the DC side to kill any electrical noise. Uh, what else? MOV surge protectors should lightning run in on this somehow. I put MOVs on a gate controller of mine that had before been killed by lightning. Within a year these MOVs self-sacrificed and protected the new controller board from another strike. MOVs are a whole lot less expensive than any circuit you wish to protect. Talk to an electric supply house about circuit protectors -- such protectors often have MOVs, but I've bought just the MOVs themselves and placed them in a circuit to ground. I've put an MOV between "return" and absolute ground, copper rod deep into dirt is a real ground. Again, talk to a knowledgeable person at an electrical supply house. On your electronics, I always recommend a UPS, uninterruptible power supply. I used to work in the electronics industry, now I'm working medical electronics / med ed / techno-flunky / programmer / whateverisneeded / shoot, I don't know what I am anymore. But when you are outdoors, you gotta protect your electronics, else the slightest run-in w/lightning causes circuit damage and out-right destruction of equipment. Will your auto insurance cover electronics???? In a survival situation, you can't have stupid lightning snuff your equipment.

12. Arkane

275/297

Blog Posts:
    Old Geezer
    I started my working life as an Electrical fitter mechanic. So that side of it is sorted.;)

13. remnant

remnant Expert Member
      190/230

Blog Posts:
    Most people are under the yoke of financial institutions due to inability to live within their own means or a hurry to accumulate wealth over a short period of time. Read between the lines and understand why there are so many property attachments due to failure to service loans whose cost is pegged on the reducing balance. Most importantly, don't borrow a loan to finance something with no guaranteed returns.