Distinct Woman Attributes In Emergencies

Discussion in 'Ladies Section' started by Pragmatist, Sep 20, 2019.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    https://www.colorado.edu/today/2019...ter-strikes-men-and-women-respond-differently

Good morning all,

Per titles...

Article good because it also mentions "mental health recovery". Important !

Post-disaster childcare as a priority ? The overall recovery responses are still weak as per the disaster scene.

Also, not clear on lead author Vallarreal's disaster warning point. Phrases like "Coastal Flood Warning" is neutral.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  2. Sonofliberty

Sonofliberty Master Survivalist
      407/460

Blog Posts:
    What a story. These conclusions are based on interviews with 43 people. 43 out of 300+ million people in the country. Then they skew the data even more. Of the 43, they interviewed 33 women and 10 men. Did they really waste tax dollars on this "study"?

3. duke in wales

duke in wales Expert Member
      170/173

Blog Posts:
    43 people from two specific areas that had experienced some sort of disaster so not 300+ million to choose from.

If men shut up and give women a chance you'll find that females will often prioritise/problem solve/multitask better than males.

Sadly a lot of men suffer the 'me Tarzan you (just) Jane' syndrome and stifle the 'little girls'

Morgan101 and Ystranc like this.
  4. Sonofliberty

407/460

Blog Posts:
    They are trying to draw conclusions based on very little data and skewed data at that. If they want to know about disaster response, there are plenty of hurricane survivors. Many wildfire survivors. Quite a few earthquake survivors etc.... This is cherry picking at best. At worst, it is just a continuation of the third wave feminist war against men.

Dalewick and TMT Tactical like this.
  5. duke in wales

170/173

Blog Posts:
    Cherry picking? maybe, certainly they used two very small focus groups but this was a small project; it would be good to see a more in depth analysis carried out but I suspect the outcomes would remain much the same as this small group.

When I first met my wife to be she was an extremely fiery, intelligent, well educated woman (she still is) and a feminist; I'm grateful to her for opening my eyes to how women have been down trodden by men throughout history.

6. Sonofliberty

407/460

Blog Posts:
    AHH, you just explained everything about your attitude. You are a beta. Now I get it.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  7. Ystranc

Ystranc Master Survivalist
      410/460

Blog Posts:
    There is another aspect to this, my other half, Louise has a completely different range of skills to me and sees things from a different perspective. We tend to compliment each other's skill sets. I would be the first person to admit that she is considerably more intelligent and more driven than I am with a breadth of knowledge that often astounds me.
    I would have to be a complete fool to ignore her opinion. This is not about being alpha or beta, it's about cooperation.

Radar and Sonofliberty like this.
  8. TMT Tactical

TMT Tactical The Great Lizard ! Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    Garbage in, garbage out. Look for a result before you collect the data. Just another waste of money.

Old Geezer and Sonofliberty like this.
  9. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Legendary Survivalist
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    Mercy can get you killed. Women are merciful. It isn't their lack of physical strength, it is their mercy that gets them abused by inferior males. Weak humans, especially weak males who are willing to submit, are the creators of dictators.

Tarzan is a cartoon. The media promotes the Tarzan crap. Real men watch and wait. Then they crush their enemies. Weakness, being a smart @$$, smugness, crap like that cannot be forgiven.

The ready availability of victims is the cause of crime.

Crime causes poverty.

All urban gang members, especially these new MS-13 and Avenue members, should be slaughtered like the vermin they are. No mercy.

10. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    Is she good with a gun?

I trained my wife to shoot.

I've trained females in riflery. Some went on to becoming expert markswomen. I'm proud of that.

Words mean less than nothing ... unless you can back them up. Unarmed protest is nauseatingly pathetic to observe.

The noble will never have listening ears among the sheeple nor the self-imagined "elite". Thus the eventual need to take ears.

11. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    Real women are not downtrodden. My maternal grandmother was never far from her revolver. She'd part your hair ... with lead. When I was a pre-schooler (4 or 5 years old?) she whipped the sh## out'a me for saying, "I want my mommy!" She knew that sh## like that does not lead to the manhood required for a man to live a freeman instead of a slave. "You're too old to be crying for your mommy!" I got the message straight-away. I grew up.

12. TMT Tactical

510/575

Blog Posts:
    Old Geezer, the Liberal sheeple are still crying for their mommy and living with her too.

Dalewick likes this.
  13. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    we always had strong women in my family, you should have seen my grandmother, she ruled the family not my grandfather.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  14. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good morning Duke in Wales,

An in depth analysis was done re the Fukushima nuc disaster.

In broad terms, the men unloaded the arriving trucks with supplies and carried them into emergency shelter. The women cared for the babies and children and maintained the living space in shelter.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  15. duke in wales

170/173

Blog Posts:
    beta male
    noun

• 1.a subordinate male animal in a particular group:"alpha and beta males will share paternity of cubs sired when two females are in estrus"
    You got my character analysis well and truly wrong there LOL

16. duke in wales

170/173

Blog Posts:
    [QUOTE="Old Geezer, post: 58450, member: 5089"]Is she good with a gun?

I trained my wife to shoot.

I've trained females in riflery. Some went on to becoming expert markswomen. I'm proud of that.

Words mean less than nothing ... unless you can back them up. Unarmed protest is nauseatingly pathetic to observe.

The noble will never have listening ears among the sheeple nor the self-imagined "elite". Thus the eventual need to take ears.[/QUOTE]

She's not bad, very good with a shotgun in fact; her rifle of choice is her Mini 14.

17. duke in wales

170/173

Blog Posts:
    Ahhh, nothing like an open mind to get to the core of a problem is there :D Ban all communication, ban language lets get back to the good old days of living in the dark and just grunting at each other...who needs research...its all liberal fake news anyway.

18. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    grunting is all the yuffs seem to be able to do these days, that and communicate by text so even grunting will be obsolete.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  19. Ystranc

410/460

Blog Posts:
    She's not bad, very good with a shotgun in fact; her rifle of choice is her Mini 14.[/QUOTE]
    I'd be interested to know, how did you/she go about getting the variation for a semi auto in a centre fire caliber?

20. duke in wales

170/173

Blog Posts:
    I'd be interested to know, how did you/she go about getting the variation for a semi auto in a centre fire caliber?[/QUOTE]

Move to Spain ;)

21. duke in wales

170/173

Blog Posts:
    Well, its been fun but I'm bored with your all so I've asked for LW to cancel my membership while I move on and try and find a Survival forum that does what it says on the label, this one does not :(

TTFN

22. TMT Tactical

510/575

Blog Posts:
    Don't let the door hit you in the tush on the way out. One more headed for their safe space.

Sonofliberty likes this.
  23. Ystranc

410/460

Blog Posts:
    J
    Move to Spain ;)[/QUOTE]
    Ah, good point...so which licence is that? I know they're classed from A through to F with additional restricted licences for muzzle loaders (AE) and minors (AEM)

Last edited: Sep 21, 2019
    TMT Tactical likes this.
  24. Duncan

Duncan Master Survivalist
      315/345

Blog Posts:
    I can see why Duke is a bit miffed. All this macho horseshit doesn't have much if anything to do with learning (and teaching, and sharing) how to survive and prosper in hard times.

Ystranc likes this.
  25. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    Ditto!! My paternal Grandmother was TOUGH. She raised two boys through the depression when my Grandfather died leaving her with two small boys. She refused to marry again because she wasn't going to have her boys treated like stepchildren. She finally married again when her boys both came home from the war. during the war, she ran the draft board in her county. She was ROUGH!

I personally believe that the difference between men and women has very little to do with what is twixt their legs. I think that it is what they are taught when they are young and the cultural mores of the place where they live. Old farts like me were raised differently than boys are raised now. Boys back when I was a little kid were MADE tough and required to have rigid control over heir emotions. If I ran from a fight my Dad would have whipped me and sent me bad. girls meantime were told that ladies never fight, that a lady always has the right to change her mind and that tears were the answer to lots of problems.

We didn't raise our kids exactly like that but they were still influenced by the fact that that was how we were raised and believed. It is going to take a lot of generations for that to totally go away. Boys are getting softer and girls are getting tougher. If you are around girls these days and are my age you see a lot of differnces. Girls don't run like they used to nor do they throw like they used to. I taught my daughter how to shoot and fight just like I would have a boy and made her face her fears rather then let he by ruled by them.

It s a new world boys and girls and change is always hard.

Sonofliberty and TMT Tactical like this.
  26. Sonofliberty

407/460

Blog Posts:
    It is great that you taught your daughters like that Tx. Kudos. I have nothing against a level playing field. If women can compete against men without lowering the standards only for the women, then by all means go for it. If you change standards, the changes should affect everyone equally. I believe 100% in equality of opportunity for American regardless of sex or race. However, if the goal is true equality, then reverse discrimination is still discrimination and thus not equality. Let private groups do as they will, but the government should not use taxpayer dollars to promote discrimination of any sort.

TMT Tactical likes this.