Do You Believe Extraterrestrial Life Exists?

Discussion in 'Sci-Fi, Space Travel, and Future Technologies' started by Denis_P, Jul 8, 2017.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Denis_P

Denis_P Member
      23/29

Blog Posts:
    Just yesterday I had made a post asking you guys how you felt about the concept of humans becoming multi-planetary and colonizing Mars. After an intriguing comment posted by Keith H., it got me to wondering, how do you feel about the concept of life outside of our planet?

Do you think that we're alone in the cosmos, or that we live in a universe potentially teeming with life? If you are anything like me, then you believe that the odds are tremendously in favor of life. Astronomers estimate that there are over 100 billion galaxies in the observable universe, with the number expected to reach over 200 billion as our telescopic technologies improve.

100 billion galaxies, 100 thousand million stars per galaxy, dozens of planets per star. With those odds, I think you could say it is practically impossible for there not to be at least one other planet which hosts advanced life. But that leads me to another question, if you do believe that advanced civilizations exist out in the cosmos, do you believe or know that planet Earth has ever been visited?

Please feel free to share any odd experiences you may have had, especially those which convinced you that there is more out there than most people may be aware of.

Radar, Morgan101, Xcalibr8 and 2 others like this.
  2. PedroP

PedroP Active Member
      38/58

Blog Posts:
    Well like you said the odds are greatly in favor of life. I do believe in extraterrestrial life. The universe is simply too big to not be populated by any other species. Mankind is particularly selfish to think the whole universe is at their will. Still, while I do believe in life I don't think it looks anything like what it's been depicted so far. No green men from Mars, it must be something different entirely.

Radar, koolhandlinc and Keith H. like this.
  3. Denis_P

Denis_P Member
      23/29

Blog Posts:
    Most definitely. The only life that we as humans are familiar with are carbon based lifeforms. Many scientists predict that life does not necessarily need to be carbon based, but can build around other elements. For example, they theorize that there is a possibility for silicon based life as it can form bonds with other atoms in ways similar to that of carbon.

Who knows what these lifeforms may look like. And there are other theories which even suggest that "life" can occur in different dimensions which might not even be perceivable to us! I try not to think about it a lot, my puny human mind can only take so much before I start feeling loopy.

Keith H. likes this.
  4. Deathisue

Deathisue New Member
      8/29

Blog Posts:
    We would be very idiots to believe that we are the only ones in this vast universe, so if I believe that the extraterrestrial life can exist, not here and not there,there is not where we have been seeing but still there it is waiting to be discovered.

Keith H. likes this.
  5. Ystranc

Ystranc Master Survivalist
      410/460

Blog Posts:
    It is already accepted that bacteria can survive a greater variety of conditions then we can and that they're ubiquitous no matter how hard we try to sterilise so perhaps we have already colonised the Moon, Mars and Titan (one of Jupiter's moons with our previous landings....who knows? Given enough time they might also come back and start beating us at cricket and rugby.

Keith H. likes this.
  6. Koala

Koala Well-Known Member
      77/115

Blog Posts:
    I fully believe that we aren't alone in the universe... and anybody that denies it is just fooling themselves. You have actual factual data that is hugely in favor for extraterrestrial life. We can't even imagine how HUGE the universe is. We aren't even the 1% of it... our brain can't comprehend it properly. I don't know how this other species looks like... how many different ones there are or where they are but I am pretty sure that at some point we will come face to face with them. Fingers crossed that they won't be hostile or we might be in a pickle.

Keith H. likes this.
  7. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    I'm almost positive that we are not the only intelligent life to ever have evolved. This is a big universe and the numbers are a little like that old saying about a billion monkeys all banging on typewriters will eventually just by random luck write a great novel. With that said I think that the problem is also that the length of time that it takes to evolve an intelligent species may be about the same amount of time that passes between near total extinction events. When that happens the slate is wiped and it starts all over again. That means that not only do you have the distance factor making it hard to make contact but there is also a time problem where we might have neighbors that evolved and died a billion years before up or will evolve a billion years after us.

8. Keith H.

Keith H. Moderator Staff Member
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    Whilst it is true that we can't know what they look like, I do know that they are able to construct craft that have reached/visited earth, so we are not just talking organisms here, we are talking beings with the ability to design silent running craft that can travel great distances, from what I have seen probably travel at light speed, & possibly they know how to fold time. We do not have this knowledge or expertise.
    If you are interested, they can be seen in the night sky away from the city lights with the naked eye, you do not need a telescope or binoculars, although binoculars can help if you are watching them do maneuvers.
    Keith.

9. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    I have seen several UFOs. Unfortunately...or maybe not, I don't know who or what was controlling them, only that they weren't normal aircraft and were of unidentified origin.

10. Tumbleweed

Tumbleweed Expert Member
      158/173

Blog Posts:
    I don't know if there is other life besides here on earth; but I do believe that we will be told that there is an invasion from space aliens, and I think that it will be used as part of the agenda to control people everywhere.
    What faster way to put us into a one-world government than to make everyone think that we are having an attack from outer space, just like they show us in the movies ? It will be "Independence Day" in real life, or at least it would appear to be like that.
    We know that they have been practicing with holograms, and I think that it is possible for a hologram to be visible in the sky and able to be seen by people all over, maybe even world-wide, depending on how it is done.
    People have been so programmed that there are alien beings, and that they are coming here, or are already here, that it will not be hard to convince most people that this is actually happening.

11. Jameson

Jameson New Member
      8/29

Blog Posts:
    I do believe that there is extraterrestrial life on other planets or galaxies. But the concept of extraterrestrial life could be far different from what we may assume extraterrestrial life to be. This is because different galaxies or planets have their own complexities, therefore,they have their own unique mechanisms for supporting life.

12. Tina Thompson

Tina Thompson New Member
      8/29

Blog Posts:

13. Tina Thompson

Tina Thompson New Member
      8/29

Blog Posts:
    I had an experience when I was about 8 years old. I was riding my bike with my cousin down an old road that led to nowhere. It was dotted with a few houses, probably about 3 miles long. I lost at least an hour of time. I remember coming to myself and realizing something really weird just happened, but I didn't know what, when I came to I was still riding my bike. I always wondered about that. Yes, I believe that we are not alone. I also believe that our company is about to show up.

14. kamar19

kamar19 Member
      18/29

Blog Posts:
    I believe in ET's. I just don't think that all these stars and planets in the universe and we are the only ones that have life on it. It just doesn't make sense to me. Also in religious books they mention things like angels and demons, where do this angels and demons come from? Yes it is still a lot to learn about ET's but I'm sure they exist.

15. CivilDefense

CivilDefense Expert Member
      235/345

Blog Posts:
    The odds of life having evolved elsewhere, mathematically speaking, is pretty high. There is the possibility that we have alien neighbors and it is also possible we are completely alone in a cold, dark universe; both possibilities are stunning.

That said, there is no solid evidence of alien visitation as of yet. While this is one of the most profound questions in science, sadly, a lot of the material out there is unsubstantiated or the work of hoaxers or cranks. That is not to say that all sightings are uninteresting, far from it, but the checked history of inquiry into the phenomenon has made many in the scientific world shy away from the topic. Here's hoping someday more research can be done.

16. AntonyRaison

AntonyRaison Active Member
      48/58

Blog Posts:
    I do believe that we are not alone, the universe is far too vast for there just to be life on this particular planet...
    as for any evidence towards it it remains to be shown... but I do feel its 100% plausible

17. watcherchris

watcherchris Legendary Survivalist
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    I don't believe in UFO's. I believe in FO's. I believe they have been identified very very well.
    Someone knows exactly what they are and these people are not talking.

I don't know exactly why ..but I think that there are and have been people living amongst us who are not what they initially appear to be..and they have been here for a long long long time.
    And like the FO's...someone knows and is not talking.
    I think this has something to do with why so many selected world leaders went to Antarctica in the last 5 years or so. What they found and were shown there.
    There is a terrible terrible secret being kept from us here.

I don't think that they have come from outer space...I think that they are from inner space.

I suspect that outer space is something fed to us to get us on the hook and reel us in....

Deep space travel as we know and with the propulsion levels we currently have is not possible because of the various radiation levels in certain places in the solar system.

And furthermore ...if you travel above the protective ozone levels...you suffer radiation exposure. This is something seldom spoken about next to the fancy of deep space travel ...star trek, star wars ...and whatever Babylon 5 baloney they are want to feed us next.

I figured this out one day...by realizing about the ozone and the pabulum they have fed us for years...about ozone depletion and harmful radiation exposure. Yet they shoot astronauts above the protective ozone levels all the time.
    I am thinking that they think no one notices.

I live right next to the NASA Langley Research Center. Many of the initial Mercury, Gemini, and Apollo astronauts were trained here. Lots of Moon Rocks to be found in this town.

NASA will tell you point blank...that most of the satellites put into space are not for deep space exploration.....but for observing, monitoring, controlling, and facilitating conditions down here on earth...

Now chew on this one for awhile.....

Many years ago ...when the Hubble telescope was put into space....we were sitting around on the graveyard shift at work and someone stated that they could not understand why someone would put a satellite/telescope into space to look out at planets for which we have no way to get there for many many many years to verify what we have seen.....and at such a huge budgetary expense. The price tag in those days was huge......why would someone spend so much money for something to see in places we would not be able to get there for years and years and years??? It did not make good sense.

There was silence for awhile among our group..and then on fellow burst out with a gasp..... "My God!!!!"

"They're not looking into deep space....That is only how they have sold it to us....they are looking down here."

Can the Hubble look into deep space...of course it can. But it's primary tasking is to look down here....to monitor earth. Only occasionally do they release anything from deep space...and even let us see it...to carry on the much needed public deception.

But we buy this stuff because we have been raised on a steady diet of television and movies to control and regulate our thinking.
    Some of us have watched entirely to much Star Trek, Star Wars, Babylon 5, and Battle Star whatever it is called.

I've spent over 20 years working on Aircraft Carriers and Submarines...including in the nuclear reactors. I've seen the Navy version of GPS...even years before Civilian GPS hit the public streets. It was called Nav Sat.

You see enough of this stuff and learn to think outside of a movie and television education.....you begin to realize how far someone has put us on the puppet strings....to properly and politically "Herd " us and our thinking...our beliefs...even our vote.

Long term deep space travel with known propulsion systems is not possible due to radiation levels in this solar system.

Just some food to help some of you break out of the Ishmaelite puppet strings.
    Hope it helps some of you,

Watcherchris

Not an Ishmaelite

Last edited: Feb 15, 2018
  18. Keith H.

525/575

Blog Posts:
    If the object is travelling in a straight line & does not change course, then it is a UFO, simply because we can't say what it is. But if the object changes direction, then it is an Alien craft. They travel quite fast, & change direction without slowing & without curving, for instance going West & the next second going South. Just like they are following a grid. Of course this is what I have seen, but we don't know how many different races there are & we don't know if there are different craft that maneuver in a different way.
    The same in respect to who or what is operating the craft, but obviously the one I experienced close up was aware that I was there, & went around me rather than over me.
    Keith.

19. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    WOW!! I hate to break this to you but even before they put hubble up they already had the ability to read the fine print on a newspaper from orbit. Using something like the Hubble to look down at us would be like trying to use an electron microscope to read the fine print on a contract.

Why do we do things like that? The same reason there are humans all over the planet instead of just in the place where we first evolved...Men always will want to see what is over that next hill. It is just the nature of the beast.

If we never had wanted to look, we would never have come to the Americas and yet people did it over and over. Once we know something is there we then will go there and eventually we will be there as much as here. Once we decide that there is something out there that we want to see we will figure out a way to get there. I imagine that someone in a canoe would look out across the oceans and most would shake their heads and believe that there was nothing out there and no way to get there even if these was. Then someone else would go and see and that is how you end up with people everywhere.

Radiation is not a very insurmountable problem. If we find something that we need we will find a way to go get it.

This planet is an IQ test. Life starts here again and again and then after a while it wipes it mostly clean and starts again. We are nearing the end of our expected time as a species. If we can get off this planet before it kills us then we deserve to survive. If not we will just be another extinct species and maybe there will be another in a hundred million years or so. I sometimes wonder if the UFOs are just other "people" watching to see if we are going to be worthy or just die out.

We as a people have everything technologically that we need right now to spread out but until we grow up enough that we can spare the resources and efforts from killing each other then we are just too stupid as a species to survive. The race is on and the clock is ticking...

20. watcherchris

510/575

Blog Posts:
    Oh..I am well aware of this aspect TexDanm.....but the give away is the cost. Back then the cost was very very high.
    You do not put up such an expensive piece of equipment without a more immediate payoff.
    And furthermore you seldom see many public announcements/releases of what they are observing with it.
    Hubble is one of the best kept secrets hidden in plain sight. Also Hubble has been augmented with further and similar satellites since those days.

I know the cost of a submarine currently under construction....aircraft carrier too. These, as well, are not produced for a view way way far away...but more immediate results.

Also ...Hubble is way to expensive to only view in our visible light spectrum. This too puts a different understanding on it.
    Combine secure coded transmissions ...etc....one can see the cost rising rapidly.
    One does not put such an unbelievably expensive tool into orbit without a more immediate payoff.

Even the Nuclear Submarine NR 1 was sold to the public as an experimental research submarine. But it was, in reality, a spy submarine capable of scouring the sea bed and picking up someone else's junk off the deep ocean.
    It was a cover story. The Nr 1 has since been retired and replaced by more modern up to date equipment.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_submarine_NR-1

Indeed radiation is not an insurmountable problem..but it is a difficult one ...in view of weight and space limitations. This is why most space shots are unmanned...particularly the long term...deep space probes.

I've often wondered if "Space Sickness" is more than someone is telling us.

Have you ever read Charles Fort and his "Book of the damned??" This was written some time ago but interesting in his analysis.

That this earth is someone private property...like a zoo...and someone is watching and steering it like a test..an experiment.

While I am not a Charles Fort fan..I found his analysis interesting.

Thanks,
    Watcherchris

21. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    The cost on the Hubble just like all space things is not an actual cost. People just don't understand that the cost isn't gone out to space; it is in the pockets of thousands of people that worked on the various aspects and parts that went into it. The profit is in the things we learned while we were doing it. Space is what put the US in the leadership roles and then when we stopped it we became little more than a third place country that has to hitch a ride into space and all the technology is moving to other countries. I guess it is scary for some people but if we hide from the possibilities offered by moving forward we are going to die and rot as a nation...if it isn't already too late.

Hubble has offered us a new view that has allowed our understanding of the universe that wasn't possible before. It had a rough start but after a fix it has far exceeded what anyone could have asked for. I guess we could have just stayed ignorant and given the money to the junkies and lazy people but I personally would rather have the pretty pictures. The computers we are using here are the direct result of the space program. Without that we will return to the past where all advancement comes via weapon making.

Ystranc likes this.
  22. watcherchris

510/575

Blog Posts:
    Yes...Texdanm...I am aware of how the monies are spread out. This was quite a shock to see the names of all the vendors who go into making a ship....down to the paper clips and staplers.

Sorry Texdanm...but this is funny ...sad but funny in an ironic type of way..

I still say that someone has been lying to us about the real purpose of the Hubble...which is to look down here on earth....24/7....only on occasion do they task it to look into deep space.......but mostly this is a cover story to hide that they are looking down here ...controlling and monitoring events down here.

This Texdanm...is still going on today...very much so. This has not change and I don think it ever will change.

In my younger days it was quite a shocker to realize how many technologies were pioneered for military uses and weapons functions to eventually find their way into the civilian world.

I was quite stunned many years ago in the US Air Force to see a plane land...a jet fighter....from a training run...and one of he panels opened up to access the radar set and a type of cassette removed. This cassette was taken to the radar shop and on it was recorded what the radar system saw when this jet fighter made an attack pass at a target drone aircraft.

Now this radar set was made by Hughes Aerospace company back then.and was developed in the 1950s.

It was years after I had gotten out of the US Air Force that I realized what I had seen was an early model of the Beta Cassette video tape. How long had beta cassette been around...and was it only in military applications for many many years before being turned loose for civilian applications???

I did not know for along time ...that this Ugly Stick fishing pole technology...the graphite composite was developed for military applications....aircraft structures....light weight and very strong.

Many years ago over at NASA Langley ....side of the base they had a NASA open house and in one of their hangers I saw a beautiful and very different variation of an F 16 fighter..with NASA Markings on it..but no paint on the skin...only visible was some kind of Honey comb sandwich....like a honeycomb filled with some kind of resin....

But this F16 was strikingly beautiful in it's lines...quite graceful....a delta wing....it was to me beautiful in some way very different from the regular F16.

Here...this link..Is what it looked like....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/General_Dynamics_F-16XL

Anyway....this airplane I found quite strikingly beautiful in it's lines and grace..even in its experimental state where you could see all the honeycomb filled with resin or however they do that.

This aircraft also had some kind of short wind tunnel feathers or flags sticking out all across the wings and fuselage ..about an inch and a half long. I reckon that is what NASA was doing with her..putting her through wind tunnel paces.

But I mean to tell you Texdanm...this aircraft was to me ....a real looker!!!!

I don't remember who it was but someone told me that many of the new aircraft are built with similar technology to what goes in these Ugly Stick fishing poles so popular today.
    I think this technology also goes into these new style golf clubs.

In it's earliest applications...developed for the military.

Thanks,
    Watcherchris

23. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    They have been making fishing rods out of bomber antennas since just after WW2. I have my Grandfathers True Temper stainless bomber antenna fishing rods. Fishing rods are always made from cutting edge materials. I remember a few years ago when they made them out of boron. Now they are making rods out of plant based cellulose.

Fishing equipment is like a lot of things and the prices are jacked up needlessly. It is ike a "survival" knife. You pay extra just for the word.

I think that in the near future there is going to be some government releases that my clarify some of the things people are seeing in the skys.

24. watcherchris

510/575

Blog Posts:
    Hey...Texdanm,

Before I forget...I have been watching something very interesting in the night skies for the last week. Interesting to me at least.

Being more of a night creature by virtue of the shifts I prefer to work..I am often want to look up into the night sky ...particularly as our shift ends and we meet in a group to check out and take roll before going home.

I have been looking up in the night sky....for the last week and noticing a bright star or a light in the same angle and place...between two buildings....nightly ...for the last week. Stars do not do this. What caught me about this is what appears to be a dim red light at the 5 o'clock position underneath of this light or star.

The night moon and stars change position in the sky over a weeks time...particularly those closer to earth. But this one noticeably does not move. It is as if it is geosynchronous with the planet.

After a few days..it occurred to me that this may be a man made satellite and what I am seeing as a bright light...may be the sun on the other side of the earth...reflecting off the solar panels.

It just struck me that most stars would move across the horizon and not be in geosynchronous orbit over this planet....over a weeks time.

I continue to observe it in the nights sky.

Back to the Hubble Telescope....

I still stand by my original statement about the true purpose of the Hubble Telescope....intelligence gathering here on earth.
    Will it look out into deep space...certainly.

But the silence on it is to me very telling. There should be many many clear photos or images of planets in this solar system...but there are not that many releases. How about our own moon or the moons of Mars and other planets??

Even NASA admits that most of the satellite launches into outer space have been for intelligence gathering here on Earth or to facilitate other control efforts..all here on earth...weather , communications....etc etc.

Also what is not known by the average American is that NASA has the face or front if you like as a civilian agency. It's charter is for the military uses....first...but the public face....is civilian.

I can understand this method of operation as the ideas and thinking behind most great life changing inventions have come from civilian genius...not military people.

But make no mistake...NASA's primary charter is military ...not civilian. It is only to "appear" to be civilian....on the surface.

Which reminds me...I am currently reading a book on the German Krupp family of the Krupp Armament works. A very interesting history of not only Germany but European history as well.

We as Americans tend to think of history as primarily WW1 and WW2. We are often not aware that there were bloody wars in Europe in the 1840s and 1870s which lead up to WW1...which lead up to WW2 with unsettled continuing grievances.

And the Krupp armaments company played a significant part in their manufacturing of more and ore efficient and accurate cannons.

Not just to European nations but to some in the Middle East and the Orient as well.

While this has been mostly a dry book...from place to place...in it...it is very enlightening as to what happened behind the scenes in much of this World History....by way of the Krupp family....and their manufacturing influence.

Thanks,
    Watcherchris

25. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    One of the things that the Hubble and other of the new generation of orbital telescopes is doing has to do with the actual light itself. They can now closely measure the amount of light and from that over a period of time have spotted planets around other suns caused by the variations in the apparent amount of light. It lessens as the planet passes across the face of the star/sun. Another thing that it is allowing is spectral analysis of the reflected light off the planets which tells us about the atmosphere on/of the planet. Using this sort of power to look at earth would be like using a sledge hammer to drive a finish nail into an antique to repair a piece of trim.

26. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    Unfortunately what we think of as history is mostly legend, lies and myth. As you get older and watch as it get rewritten you begin to understand this.

Ystranc likes this.
  27. watcherchris

510/575

Blog Posts:
    Yup...

Yeah..I remember reading an article years ago ...about something called "Red Shift Theory" and something to do with a concept of measuring different wavelengths of light when viewed thorough out the universe.

There is a thing in lens usage...called depth of field.

Also with the cost of the telescope at the time ....the comment was made....among our group ....that they could not understand how or why someone would be so stupid to spend that much monies on a telescope to look into deep space....when there would not be a propulsions system to get there to verify the findings for many many years. A human lifespan would be expired before people would get there and back.

The emphasis here was on the cost of the Telescope...the huge cost which was being constantly brought out to bear in the news stories...particularly when they discovered what they claim was a problem in being able to adjust it.

That was when it was realized that this was a cover story for it's real purpose...military purposes...to look down here.

Now does such an expensive telescope have such an depth of field to view both close and far....most certainly.

I am saying here ..............that to a people...a bunch of voters...who have been raised primarily on a television and movie education in Star Trek, Star Wars, and whatever Babylon Baloney.....the story is great...fabulous...a great cover story.
    Better than the cover story that the Republicans and Democrats are opposing political parties...
    That there is a religion or Peace out here...

And on and on and on....One cover story after another to properly "Herd" our thinking and therefore out actions.

Yes...indeed ....including the misleading history of NASA and other such Alphabet Agencies.

By the way ....right next to me here...about two miles up the road...is the NASA Langley Research Center....lots of Moon Rocks to be found in this city.

It is an interesting tour....when one has the time.

I would like to get into their research building on Antenna designs. But it is a high security area.

Thanks,
    Watcherchris.

28. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Legendary Survivalist
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    There are no space aliens on Earth. You are not to worry. Read what you are told to read. Do as you are told to do. And if they were here, they would be nice. Very nice are they nice are not here. And bathe in butter it is good for your skin, much butter, we like butter, butter is good. Eat and eat and eat and it is good for you to eat much and grow and grow and grow fat is good become big and bathe in butter we mean you no harm because we are human there are no space aliens on Earth which is a good planet having much salt water and bathe in butter. Fatten up Earthlings it is good for you and us Earthlings.

29. watcherchris

510/575

Blog Posts:

LOL LOL LOL>...Butter....!!?? Salt.!!!

Watcherchris

30. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    LOL, "To Serve Man" was a Twilight Zone episode.

watcherchris likes this.
  31. watcherchris

510/575

Blog Posts:
    The Twilight Zone....Wow!! Rod Serling....!!

Some of those used to frighten me when I was a kid. They were sort of like one step beyond.

I suspect that Alfred Hitchcock and Stephen King watched a lot of The Twilight Zone.

For they too can be one step beyond...in their opus.

Thanks,
    Watcherchris.

32. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    I loved The Twilight Zone and the Outer Limits when I was a kid. The first few seasons of the X files was good and then it went down the conspiracy road to the exclusion of all else.

I like things that offer you the opportunity to see the world in a slightly different way. I'm not sure that I can go down the road of the Ancient Alien theorists but for a fact there are a lot of strange contradictions and mysteries in our history. The thing that those people can't understand is that stone age people were MASTERS at working with stone AND how to get the most out of human power. The fact that they could do things that we can't do now is not surprising to me.

I sat and watched a Blackfoot indian knap out a perfect folsom spear head in just a matter of minutes. His stuff was so good that he had to start etching a mark on them because people were aging them and passing them of as the real thing. They were popping up in museums. He could turn the bottom of an old glass coke bottle into a deadly arrowhead almost without looking at his hands. The guy was brilliant and is a professor at the University but honored his native american past and loved teaching people how to do things like knapping.

My problem with a lot of the odd Alien stuff is that the things that look like rockets and airplanes that they carved pictures into stone don't make me think of Aliens. A space traveling alien would not get here or use rockets to travel any more than the US Navy would use birch bark or dug out canoes as landing craft.

I look at those things and see the things that humans are doing right now. Clairvoyance is real and at a time when people used their minds much more actively than we do now "Remembering the future" might not have been as unique as it is now.

We use tools to do the things that people in the past had to do totally mentally. Without writing the memory HAS to carry all your must have information and without a specific mathematical system people had to just do things through pure mentation. Most people less that 60 years old have probably never known someone that was illiterate that wasn't just plain dumb. Illiterate people can be amazing. Everything that they did they did from memory.

The human mind is a wildly amazing thing that we now seldom use to anywhere near its total potential.

33. watcherchris

510/575

Blog Posts:
    Texdanm,

I'm not big on Extraterrestrials...and that sort of thing per se.

I don't believe for one minute in UFO's I believe they have been identified very well by someone here. They know exactly what they are. They are only FO's.

Now...about this statement of yours.....very interesting to me.

To my limited grasp of history ....it is a certain number of these types of people who have created and developed the inventions which have made our lives better and more efficient by their inventiveness....creativity.
    They can see, hear, and understand differently than do most of us.

Certain of them were Masters...not all. They were Masters at something else for which few today realize nor is it much spoken about today as a record of history.......Geometry.

They did not have the math for which we so take for granted today.

Until the Zero was realized and invented ...Math as we know it today was not possible. Among the learned ...Geometry was the math of the day ..particularly among the Builders.

The irony of all this seems to be that they did to a point of great accuracy ....that which we would today be hard pressed to duplicate in accuracy....with all our Math capabilities and even computers....building techniques and cranes etc etc.

It was not until I ran across an Economics PHD that this was explained to me...about the development of the Math for which we so take for granted....verses Geometry of the Ancient times. This was not taught to me in public schools.

Modern complex math/physics is very difficult to impossible in Greek or Roman numerals.

The distances they are discussing to different far away galaxies make rocket travel impractical...unusable...too slow....expensive too.

I quite agree here with your last statement.

Thanks,
    Watcherchris

Not an Ishmaelite.

34. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    I'm pretty open minded to UFOs but don't buy in to the little grey people things. I have seem one up close and am pretty well aware of what it takes to make something fly. Big Delta Winged Aircraft don't fly low-100 feet, slow- 30 mph or less, or silently...Yet I personally had it fly right over me one night. I can't identify it so for me it was for sure a U fo.

I think that a lot of primitive engineers were able to visualize geometry in a way that is not encouraged much now. Geometry is something that some people struggle with while others seem to have a rather odd instant grasp of it. As a machinist I could always almost see the part inside the piece of metal stock before I put a tool to it. Geometry is a visual skill that uses a different part of your brain than math.

One of the problems with our cookie cutter educational system is that it seems to spend more time dragging the top down than pulling the bottom up as far as training our kids to think. They skip now so many of the tools that our ancestors so prised. There is almost no effort made now to teach kids how to develop their memories or how to manipulate numbers and shapes inside their minds. They are actually not teaching it as numbers as much as they are returning to the numerical view. Ask a kid (most anyone under 30) what 20% of 55 is and watch them go blank or reach for a calculator. Hell 10% is 5.5 so two times that is 11. you don't need a calculator to do that.

A number relates to a specific quantity while a numeral is a name that you give a number. The numeral 55 on the side of a race car doesn't represent a quantity. The numerals in the lottery don't represent a quantity. You could do the same thing with say 50 colored shapes and run the lotto based on guessing what colors and shapes would pop up. The fact is that 1-2-3-4-5-6- in any random order is exactly as likely as any other combination of 6 random numbers in a lotto drawing.

Intelligence is only apparent or meaningful when it is used. Primitive people were mentally superior to modern people on average because they had to USE that intelligence and mentally they were like athletes compared to couch potatoes. Smarts are developed through use and it is a use it or lose it kiddos! I work hard to keep my mind sharp and alive. It is a little slower than it was thirty years ago but thanks to experience it is like I have told every kid that I taught how to drive. Their reflexes may be better than mind but all that will mean is that they will be able to do three wrong things while I do the one right thing.

People see the accomplishments of the ancients and since they can't imagine how they did it then there had to be someone else around to do it. Maybe it is easier for them to go with Aliens than understanding that "primitive" people were not intellectually less than us they were just not a technologically as advanced.

Knowledge and a grasp of physical leverage allows for the doing of seemingly impossible things. Powerlifters are masters at this as are people like Harry Houdini. I have seen a 5" 9"300+ pound powerlifter jump straight up and slam a basketball in the hoop. Yes he was strong but that ability has to do with loading your muscles in a certain way that maximises that strength. I used to move and set multi ton machines in place alone and without using a crane or lifting machine. Truely with a long enough lever and a strong enough fucrun you could move the world.

Just as we are now losing our intellects to machines I often suspect that we have gone down this road before. Our technology is so complex that though we know how to use it almost nobody really understands it or could duplicate it. If we stumble we will slide back almost to the stone age once all the currently made steel is rusted and gone.

Rather than Aliens passing on technologies could it be that these anomalous things were remnants of a past human civilization that was wiped out by some sort of global disaster? I read a book about this long before "Chariots of the Gods" started the alien theory. If we do slide back down into the muck; what will be remembered of us in 10,000 years?

35. Steve-0

Steve-0 Expert Member
      163/173

Blog Posts:

36. Steve-0

Steve-0 Expert Member
      163/173

Blog Posts:
    I was fortunate enough to be out in the middle of the ocean with night vision. With night vision goggles on, one can see the multiple layers of stars that cannot be seen with the naked eye. My patrol partner and I witnessed many strange crafts doing maneuvers that are not possible with modern day aircraft. It was a sight to be seen. Will never forget those nights.

Keith H. likes this.
  37. Oldguy

Oldguy Master Survivalist
      280/345

Blog Posts:
    If there is life here then it is also out there!

Without FTL travel getting around in space is limited as the distances are vast!
    Is FTL possible ???
    Are there any alien species close enough to get here?
    What about a time frame, we as a species have only really been aware of space for a few hundred years and it was only a few years ago that the first man made object actually left the solar system, we have yet to go to another planet!

Aliens may have been in the past, aliens may not have developed space travel or have but there species is in regression and no longer can travel space, who knows

What I do know is that if they come here they will be in charge, they will want something and that something we will not want to give. they will not hide in the shadows, they will just take what they want!
    They wont sneak around like secret squirrels like most nutters fantasies, they wont occupy our bodies or other bull!

When they come it will be an in your face encounter!

I hope I am long dead before that happens!

38. Keith H.

525/575

Blog Posts:
    What I have often thought about Steve, is why the maneuvers? Why were they describing shapes in the sky? In my case it was a simple square, over & over. But for who's benefit or what purpose?
    Keith.

39. Steve-0

Steve-0 Expert Member
      163/173

Blog Posts:
    Right?! The objects we saw were traveling vertical and diagonal in a blink of an eye. They appeared and disappeared...

40. Oldguy

280/345

Blog Posts:
    Optical illusions pure and simple
    Different layers of the atmosphere have different levels of moisture/humidity/temperature, light reflected from the ground can be invisible to the eye until it reflects of a different layer of air.
    Driving at night once I witnessed some crazy lights in the sky ahead of us, as a passenger I watched them for a while.
    Turned out to be related to the lights of a distant but approaching vehicle reflecting of roadside guard rails up to a thin smear of cloud in the lower atmosphere!
    Easy to see if one understands physics but mystical and magical to those who do not truly understand physics.
    Stupid really is 'Stupid"

41. Steve-0

Steve-0 Expert Member
      163/173

Blog Posts:
    So I am "stupid" for posting about an event that I witnessed? Ok Mr. Physicist..... Thank you for enlightening us all.

42. Keith H.

525/575

Blog Posts:
    Obviously mate you have not read all the posts on this topic, I have seen one of these craft up close & it was not just a light or an illusion. Steve-O is correct, they do not curve when they change direction, nor do they change speed, they simply change direction as if they were following a grid pattern. One minute travelling say West, the next second travelling South.
    Your knowledge of physics means absolutely nothing when we are talking about Alien technology, we have nothing that can travel at the speeds these craft can travel, we have nothing as far as I know that can change direction as on a grid pattern, & we certainly do not have any aircraft that can travel totally silent; no engine noise what so ever.
    Keith.

43. Oldguy

280/345

Blog Posts:
    There you go! with all that alien tech would it not just go in a straight line to its destination? why change direction?
    What is it here for?
    It has the power/tech to travel space and do lightspeed instant turns, so why do they hide?
    Nah feeble minds with poor thinking ability!
    You credit them with super abilities but then you have them hiding like weaklings, you destroy your own logic.

44. Keith H.

525/575

Blog Posts:
    1) I know little about Alien travel, so I can't say why some of the craft I have seen did not travel in a straight line, & this does not indicate that they do not at times travel in a straight line.
    2) I am not a mind reader, but I got the impression that the craft I saw up close was observing us. That seems like a perfectly reasonable assumption considering they are Alien & we are alien to them.
    3) They do not hide, they are there to be seen in the night sky & if you are lucky enough you may see one up close like I did. I think it is rather arrogant to assume that if one has not seen one then they don't exist!
    4) It must take more than a feeble poor thinking mind to invent & produce a flying craft such as they have produced & use.
    5) I do not credit them with super abilities, I am simply observing that their technology is way ahead of ours, this could be because they are far more intelligent than we are, or it could be that as a race they are much older than we are or both. I think my logic is very sound.
    Keith.

TexDanm likes this.
  45. Oldguy

280/345

Blog Posts:
    "It must take more than a feeble poor thinking mind to invent & produce a flying craft such as they have produced & use.'

the observer has the feeble mind by not understanding what he is actually seeing, usually because they do not truly understand physics though they think they do!

One man see reflected and refracted light the other sees a UFO
    One sees the laws of physics in action the other sees magic
    Go figure!

46. Keith H.

525/575

Blog Posts:
    e441c90f457db1dc83d61d0f0c661ee2.jpeg Please stop being rude or you will be removed from this forum.
    Keith.

47. Oldguy

280/345

Blog Posts:
    Rude = not agreeing with you

OK

48. Keith H.

525/575

Blog Posts:
    No, nothing to do with not agreeing with me or anyone else, that is your privilege. You are purposely being rude! If you don't realise this then you have a problem.
    "the observer has the feeble mind by not understanding what he is actually seeing".
    Keith.

49. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    Keith in my experience there are people that just CAN'T believe and probably wouldn't believe in unimaginable things if one landed in their yard and offered to take them for a ride. On the other side there are the people that see every falling star, every airplane in the sky after nightfall and every time one of the planets is bright in a place that it normally isn't as an alien space ship.

Like you I have seen something up close and personal that can't be dismissed as any known human made aircraft. I'm not totally saying that it could NOT be some really amazing type of experimental craft but if it was then they are keeping it secret for an awful long time. I saw this almost 40 years ago and there still aren't an known craft that can do what that thing was doing.

I have seen a lot of unidentified things in the sky. I like the night and have spent hundreds and hundreds of hours star gazing. This though wasn't just a bright light in the sky. It was a metallic flying craft with lights and clear movement that made no sound and had no ground effect like a silent helicopter or even a blimp might have. Anything that big that is that low is going to move some air with any known propulsion system.

As far as alien beings I suspect that the most likely visitors would probably be of the rather slightly built variety. My reasoning is that beings that evolve on a planet with a lower gravity would more easily get off planet. The amount of power that it takes to over come gravity and reach escape velocity is what keeps us locked in the bottom of our gravity well. Escape velocity from Earth is 36,699 FPS (Feet Per Second) while getting off Mars would only take 16,493 FPS. That is a huge difference in the amount of power necessary to leave. Once the became a space faring species they would grow in their ability rather rapidly. Think of the years between Orville Wright's first flight in 1903 and Neil Armstrong's flight in 1969.

A more adventurous species with that start might accomplish almost anything in another few hundred years. We are too busy killing each other and destroying our own planet to go bother anyone else. I suspect that IF there are aliens they would be very wary of us...and well they should be. Look at what we have done EVERY time we found a new place on the Earth. We mostly wipe out what ever and whoever is already there and then repeat all of the same mistakes over and over again.

If there are aliens they are not interested in conquering us. That would be simple. They could easily get us to wipe ourselves out. Blast a city in Russia, China and the US and then just stand back and watch us kill ourselves.

Keith H. likes this.
  50. Keith H.

525/575

Blog Posts:
    Good post Tex. There is a good chance that they are not a war like race like us, & of course we can't possibly know what they look like, or for that matter how many different races there may be. We can imagine, based on all the movies we have seen, but we can't imagine the unimaginable! I suppose we think of them as being made in a certain way based on the sort of craft they are able to produce, but like you I keep an open mind Tex.
    Keith.