Do You Believe in Heaven?

Discussion in 'Religion, Religious Views, and Life After Death' started by Coputere, Jul 6, 2016.

Do You Believe in Heaven? 5 5 1votes
5/5, 1 vote

1. Coputere

Coputere New Member
      8/23

Blog Posts:
    I know that religion is one of those topics that most of us would rather not talk about. It is so controversial that whole wars have been started over opposing doctrines. Despite all of this, I still think Heaven or the Elysian Fields is one of the more positive concepts that came out of religion (elementary level spirituality). Do you believe in it? Is it in the afterlife or can you find it in the living?

thePENofGODx0x0xz7 and Deeishere like this.
  2. Deeishere

Deeishere Member
      18/23

Blog Posts:
    I do believe in heaven. I believe in the Bible which talks about heaven. It talks about it being a place filled with costly stones and crystal clear jasper. Stones like jasper, sapphire, and gold. It's a place where the Garden of Eden is restored. The book of revelation talks about heaven as a place where there is no more tears, pain or sorrow. I have read accounts where people had a near-death experience and didn't want to come back to earth after getting a glimpse of heaven.

Richard Earley and Coputere like this.
  3. thePENofGODx0x0xz7

thePENofGODx0x0xz7 New Member
      8/23

Blog Posts:
    Heaven may be in the mind of the beholder.
    Many passing, witness deities and paradises specific to the faith they know.
    Could this indicate, that the consciousness of individuals
    forms a dreamscape based on that dying person’s religion?

4. Coputere

Coputere New Member
      8/23

Blog Posts:
    Certainly a good observation. Can't say that I subscribe to this thought completely because of things that I've read and experienced on my own but I do like the idea. Are there any books that can enlighten me on your theory?

5. thePENofGODx0x0xz7

thePENofGODx0x0xz7 New Member
      8/23

Blog Posts:
    Not specifically I will have to get back to you
    but many specializing in metaphysics have similar views.

6. katlarson9

katlarson9 New Member
      1/23

Blog Posts:
    I would like to believe that there is a heaven. I'm just not too sure about it myself. Sometimes I think of it as a false hope used to brainwash unsuspecting believers.

7. nytegeek

nytegeek New Member
      3/23

Blog Posts:
    I do believe in Heaven as I am a Christian. I also believe in surviving here on Earth as long as possible. No early arrivals for me please! I know I will go when it is my time, but I plan to fight tooth an nail to stay put for as long as possible. I may believe in heaven but I also believe what we do here and now in this life matters and that we should take it seriously. There are no do-overs just because life continues after death.

8. filmjunkie08

filmjunkie08 Active Member
      33/47

Blog Posts:
    I was raised to believe in a God and a Heaven. That there is plenty of room there and that I will be with God as well as with family that have preceeded me. We will never more experience pain, disease, and death. I truly hope that this is true.

Preppergal and AnnaBanana like this.
  9. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    no, I don't.

Ystranc, Keith H. and hades_leae like this.
  10. rootle

rootle New Member
      8/23

Blog Posts:
    No, I do not. Nothing I have experienced in my life would suggest that such a thing exists. Reading ancient texts that claim that heaven exists certainly does little to convince me that it's true. I can never be a hundred percent sure that it's not real. But if I have no reason to believe in something than I think it's wise to not beleve in it, however nice the thought of it might be.

Keith H. and lonewolf like this.
  11. nytegeek

nytegeek New Member
      3/23

Blog Posts:
    I'm pretty sure that I had been taught that family or maybe it was just marital relations were treated differently somehow in heaven. I could be completely off base on this though. I can't find the scripture to support what I was thinking anyway.

12. DecMikashimota

DecMikashimota New Member
      8/23

Blog Posts:
    Through meditating I've had some pretty wild experiences. Some most would say are not from a sound mind, though it is the result of the contrary. Once a Jesus figure appeared to me as I was in a dream like state yet I was fully awake. His face was blotted out but his hair seemed alive, he was dressed in a red robe and then the vision cut to a desert where two dimensional human like figurines figurines with little ball heads, blank faces and no distinct figurines were building a structure with the desert sand that was the same tan color as their skin. They were building something and then the Jesus figure spoke the word "Infinity" all of the sudden the human like figurines moved as if they got caught in a swirl of wind and multiplied. The vision stopped and I felt a tremor inside of my body as if my very heart alone vibrated separate from my heart beat so hard that the rest of my body shook from it. I'm not telling people that they should believe in Heaven but I just think that there is definitely something happening somewhere even if our explanations of it are faulty.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2016
    Preppergal likes this.
  13. AnnaBanana

AnnaBanana New Member
      8/23

Blog Posts:
    I believe in Jesus Christ as the Son of God, and I believe all of the bible. The bible says that heaven will be a place of no more tears, and I think the bible has been accurate historically, too. This is plenty enough for me, and my family that also preceeded me, to lay my foundation on. Hope is beautiful.

Richard Earley likes this.
  14. hades_leae

hades_leae Active Member
      48/93

Blog Posts:
    I wonder if people actually takes the time to sit down and ask themselves why would they want a heaven to exist. If it really does, then there is a god that I assume manages it or however it works.

I don't care if it exist or not because I can not come to the conclusion that I will ever worship another man. For that reason alone I choose to not consider that it's real or not because I simply don't care, yes religion is a sensitive subject, but only because people want it to be. I choose to stay away from that community because it's just another topic to me, and no need to have wars over...just an example, it's made to be that serious.

If we are going to war over any type of religion, then religion is a problem, and I don't subject myself to life long problems, so no...I agree with @lonewolf.

15. nytegeek

nytegeek New Member
      3/23

Blog Posts:
    So you were raised to believe it and you hope it is true. You never answered the question though. Do you actually believe?

16. shcoo

shcoo New Member
      1/23

Blog Posts:
    I want to believe in an afterlife, but I don't. I think religion and afterlife theories are just tales humans invented because they were so terrified of death. I'm terrified of death too and wish I could find comfort in these stories, but the "rational" side of my brain comes to rain on the parade and does not allow me to have any faith. I think when we die, our brains die, our memories die, there is nothing but blackness and maybe recycled energy with no soul or consciousness in it.

Ystranc likes this.
  17. nytegeek

nytegeek New Member
      3/23

Blog Posts:
    On the other hand, it can be argued that people that don't believe are telling themselves that this life is all there is do so out of fear of what comes next. The prospect of hell for example may make them examine how they live and they decide that death is a more comforting prospect than believing in eternal torment.

18. ProNine

ProNine Member
      18/23

Blog Posts:
    I don't believe anymore, that is. I was raised to be religious, however, over time due to personal reasons, I've grown distant to all religions in general and no longer believe in a higher power or an afterlife in general.

19. tb65

tb65 Active Member
      33/47

Blog Posts:
    I believe heaven will be here on earth. I don't believe people will be living in the sky somewhere but right here where we were meant to be, without
    the presence of evil. All the advents taking place now are leading up to the end of the old earth and the beginning of a new one as it says in
    Revelation 21:1

20. nytegeek

nytegeek New Member
      3/23

Blog Posts:
    Your interpretation of Revelation is questionable. Besides the "in the sky thing" is a secular view of Christian heaven, not a Christian view of actual heaven.

21. Arkane

Arkane Master Survivalist
      275/297

Blog Posts:
    There is no evidence for or against heaven, there is no consensus as to what it actually is even!

I do not believe any of this religion/god stuff.
    I am sure I will find out one way or another eventually but am in no hurry.

Thinking there is something after makes many things here and now easier! like controlling the mass's, getting them to fight and die for others etc!

To believe in heaven makes a hell real.

Ystranc likes this.
  22. Keith H.

Keith H. Moderator Staff Member
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    No, definitely NOT. There may have been a carpenter named Jesus, Jesus is a common name, but he was not blond & he was not born to a virgin & his father was not the invisible man.
    Keith.

Ystranc likes this.
  23. Para173

Para173 Well-Known Member
      95/99

Blog Posts:
    Having been through all I've been through, yeah, I believe in Heaven. I don't think that there is a hell though. I tend to believe hell is a place made up by men to scare other men into doing something like supporting a particular religious sect or something. Besides, I think enough of us pay a penalty for being here on this plane of existence that we don't need to go somewhere else to be tortured.

Preppergal likes this.
  24. Mekada

Mekada Master Survivalist
      270/345

Blog Posts:
    This is a multi layered question. By admitting to the premise that heaven exists you automatically therefore have to admit that God does. If God exists then so must Satan. If Satan exists then there must be a hell and so on.

My mother once told me about a experience she had where she was taken to both heaven and hell and witnessed both wonders and horrors.

As for my belief in heaven... I most assuredly think that it does exist. But Valhalla sounds more fun.

Para173 likes this.
  25. sunnytn

sunnytn Well-Known Member
      90/99

Blog Posts:
    I do believe in heaven and hell.

26. LilSoldierGirl

LilSoldierGirl Expert Member
      173/230

Blog Posts:
    I have a question for those that believe in God.

How do you reconcile all the violence that occurs in this world with your belief that there is an all powerful deity watching over us? If an adult male watched on, while a group of boys repeatedly raped and then murdered a young girl, able to stop this brutality at any time but content just to watch it happen, would you give your love and respect to this man? Of course you wouldn't. Yet you give it to your deity, who permits this type of brutality, and much worse, to occur every day in this world.

Is your God omnipotent or impotent?

I have seen the results of some horrific brutality against defenceless victims. Large scale, organised, repeated massacres. That makes it very hard to believe in a benevolent God.

Keith H. likes this.
  27. Keith H.

525/575

Blog Posts:
    Young lady you are wasting your time trying to argue the point with believers in god, they will always have an answer. Not a good answer, but one that they choose to believe in. So long as it does no harm I can tolerate these believers in an invisible....thing. The facts are that these people NEED to believe in something that is all powerful, they need to believe there is life after death. Let's face it, the 10 commandments are not bad, they were intended as a code for humans to live by. Recently a crowed of people stood by & watched whilst an African man drowned whilst shouting racial insults. I have no doubt that the majority of those people considered themselves to be good Christians. I am not a christian & I do not believe in a god, but I would have attempted to save that man, because that is the normal thing to do in such a situation.
    There is good & bad in all religions, frankly I think the world would be better off with no religions. I believe in what I can see & feel, I believe in nature. I believe in Aliens because I have seen their space craft, one up very close. Christians say Aliens can't exist. But like I said, let them believe, they need to believe in something. Me? I believe in myself, I don't need an invisible mythical being to help me through life.
    Keith.

28. Lee CT NE

Lee CT NE Expert Member
      176/230

Blog Posts:
    As my avatar states, I'm a Christian. I believe 100% of the Bible is true, including God, Jesus Christ, Holy Spirit, Heaven, Hell, and a real Devil - aka satan. I try my best to live my faith.

I also respect the beliefs of others and do not mock or minimize their beliefs, as I hope they will not mine.

Eventually we'll see who's right and who isn't.

29. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Legendary Survivalist
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    People of every culture and religion seem to have pretty much the same after-death experiences. When the newly-returned death survivor describes the "Holy Being" they saw, they'll say that the person was God, or Jesus, or the Buddha, or some person who is significant in their particular religion, other than that, the stories have the same details ... with the names changed. A website that has hundreds of life-after-death experiences is NDERF.org. Keep in mind that some of these stories are going to be bogus or stories written by people who have psychiatric disorders. Look for the stories that are consistent -- these are what are being reported to medical personnel and family members, stories that can be verified as being true (dying people will see and hear relatives on the other side of a continent and tell them what they were saying/doing while the patient was dead / out of body).

http://www.nderf.org/Archives/exceptional.html

http://www.newsweek.com/proof-heaven-doctors-experience-afterlife-65327

http://www.theblaze.com/news/2015/0...d-something-there-that-haunted-her-for-years/

http://personalityspirituality.net/...xperiences-are-evidence-for-life-after-death/

https://www.japantoday.com/category/kuchikomi/view/life-after-death-yes-says-one-doctor

Last edited: Feb 21, 2017
    Lee CT NE likes this.
  30. NKAWTG

NKAWTG Well-Known Member
      85/115

Blog Posts:
    Do You Believe in Heaven?

Yep.

31. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
  32. woodchipper518

woodchipper518 Expert Member
      128/173

Blog Posts:
  33. Its Evan G

Its Evan G Expert Member
      163/173

Blog Posts:
    I definitely believe there is something that happens when you die. Not sure if it's going to be anything like what people imagine heaven to be but then again who really knows?
    Will have to wait and see!

Preppergal likes this.
  34. jeager

jeager Master Survivalist
      272/345

Blog Posts:
    Nope.
    With a bit of authority I might add.
    I refuse to preach. No one would appreciate that.
    Let me just say that my 2nd degree came from a Christian university and our first text book
    was a N.I.V. Bible. WE STUDIED that thing a lot and wrote essays on subject matter.
    Humans were created to live on this rock.
    Period.
    Heaven and Hell are creations of the early church based upon myth and poor interpretations
    of the original texts in Hebrew, Greek and Aramaic.
    Study it for yourself with an open mind.
    Who said "hell is an everlasting cutting off from God"?
    The POPE.
    And I ain't even Catholic.
    I NEED A JOB.
    Retirement is a waist of my time and education.
    Besides. I need mo' money for prepping supplies.:D

35. Sino

Sino Member
      18/25

Blog Posts:
    Do I believe in heaven? Well, I'd like to hope there's a heaven and so I some what believe in a heaven because I also believe in ghosts (I've had multiple paranormal experiences, you don't have to believe me) and so if they're hanging around still spirits of other people must have a place to go right? I don't know though, that's just what I think!

36. Keith H.

525/575

Blog Posts:
    Not necessarily. I don't know about spirits, it would be nice to think that I could stay here after I have gone under, but to believe in a heaven, rather implies that one must believe in god, which I do not.
    Keith.

37. hpro hamed

hpro hamed New Member
      3/25

Blog Posts:
    I think yes the heaven exist there should be a reason behind all of the holy books, behind the all miracles in the world, we have seen so many mystical things in our lifes and we sense them when we are praying.
    I believe there is God whom see us. despite of all the wars for religion, having a religion is good thing it gives you hope if sometimes you have potential to be a bad person the religion the God inside you will help you and puts you in the right direction. believe me I am not a good Muslim but I hope there is heaven there is good place that good persons can go there with every religion. I believe if you have good heart and never hurt anybody you will go there...

38. Keith H.

525/575

Blog Posts:
    Well let's put it this way: if there were an all powerful god, & he let people die, starve, get raped & murdered, why would anyone worship such a god? No mate, if it helps you get through the day believing in an invisible friend who has no powers to help anyone, then fine. But personally I would sooner believe in myself.
    Regards, Keith.

39. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    This physical plane of existence is a testing plane. This is by definition a horrible, horrible place. This is the crucible wherein the dross is burnt off the gold.

God is the origin Unity. He's no mythological human-looking old guy up in the clouds. Let me re-write Genesis: "And God did lick His little finger and did touch chaos. And thus did the universe explode into existence."

It seems that our universe is a subset of a greater universe(s). To explain string theory, one needs eleven dimensions. That we humanoids are unable to think or experience multiple dimensions really means nothing.

As far as mind being non-local, look up quantum entanglement.

https://www.theatlantic.com/science/archive/2016/11/quantum-brain/506768/

http://www.collective-evolution.com...after-death-present-it-to-the-united-nations/

40. Broskifresh

Broskifresh New Member
      1/25

Blog Posts:
    I believe that there is some sort of heaven and this heaven may be metaphorically or literally, but the world will probably never now. I have grown to believe in the idea of heaven and hell and in my opinion I believe it's reasonable. For example, if someone who is misbehaving and doing something that's breaking the law he/she will suffer consequences which in my mind I believe there shouldn't be a difference in the after life. So I truly believe that those who make 'good' choices he or she will be rewarded.

41. kamar19

kamar19 Member
      18/29

Blog Posts:
    I believe in heaven as a state and not a place. Heaven can be on earth in my opinion, just as Hell can be on earth in the mind. I think religions get it wrong when they refer to Heaven as a physical place.

42. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    In vivid dreams, I've been told about things that were going to happen in the future, told others what I was told, then they were shocked when the event happened. One event in particular.

I wouldn't believe in "religious things" unless I'd been slapped in the face with the experience and without having had others confirm. I read near death experiences. I've had departed relatives visit me in dreams; they've had messages. Wish I could pick the loved ones I want to see. Seems certain "designated" souls visit -- i.e. NOT the folk you most want to be with again. These dreams sure as heck are NOT wish-fulfillment dreams. I think I'm about finished with this world. Seems I'm just pulling time. Maybe its time to go.

43. randy cruz

randy cruz New Member
      3/25

Blog Posts:
    I believe heaven is what the mind perceives as genuine happiness. Personally I see it as perfection and a place with no worries. When I think of the term "heaven" I naturally think positive thoughts. I believe we all can get to a heavenly state of mind. Focusing our energy on positivity and leading by example we can bring happiness to others. We have the power to open the gates of heaven. Deciding not to believe in heaven is like saying you do not believe in happiness.

44. AWPEK

AWPEK New Member
      3/25

Blog Posts:
    It's hard to say whether I believe in heaven. I have seen so many stories of how most people came close to death and actually saw heaven. However, this could still be some publicity stunt to gain attention for their programs, so I cannot just assume it is real from other people experiences or their rumors. I need to see it without actually dying in order to 100% confirm that it is real. I do believe in reincarnation based on the evidence and idea's that conspired with evolution itself. So as of now it still is hard to say I can actually believe heaven if it doesn't really combine with my belief of reincarnation.

45. Arkane

Arkane Master Survivalist
      275/297

Blog Posts:
    All I can say to the believers is prove it with real hard evidence ! or shut up! starting to really get sick of this stupidity!

Sorry if any get offended but I am offended by the relentless prattle of religion!

Ystranc likes this.
  46. remnant

remnant Expert Member
      190/230

Blog Posts:
    Most people are deluded that God is the one who is responsible for suffering but its the devil who capitalises on our sins to accuse up to God so as to inflict misery no a wanton scale. On the other hand, its easy for people to believe in heaven than hell due to selfish predispositions.

47. Rhomhie Morelh Campo

Rhomhie Morelh Campo New Member
      3/25

Blog Posts:
    I believe in Heaven because when you do good you will go to heaven, when the time comes the second coming of Jesus will arrive, all those who believe in him will be with him, to the throne of the father that is why i believe in heaven, I believe in Jesus Christ my Lord and personal Savior.

Richard Earley likes this.
    1. Ystranc
      So exactly why are you in a survivalist forum if you believe that?

Ystranc, Jul 15, 2017
  48. JeffHart

JeffHart New Member
      3/25

Blog Posts:
    If you believe in this man Jesus, who has been proven to be real in many historical documents, including the Greek and Roman. If you believe He was who He said He is and He was a friend of sinners. It is well documented, besides the bible, that Jesus helped and cured many from the sufferings of their sickness, blindness and diseases. Then, you will believe His words, "My Father's house has many rooms; if that were not so, would I have told you that I am going there to prepare a place for you?"

Lee CT NE likes this.
  49. Eva.Ling

Eva.Ling New Member
      8/25

Blog Posts:
    Having the idea of Heaven is comforting to many people, especially those old and dying. :(

The rationale part of me says there's no such thing as Heaven.

But there's one part of me inside, that little voice, that keeps saying... there is probably SOMEWHERE that exists after death. Like some other dimensional plane?

So, I believe and I don't believe in Heaven.

Still feel that the most important thing is to live today to the max and do good. If we wait till we reach Heaven, what's the point of being human? :)

50. wizzywiz

wizzywiz New Member
      8/25

Blog Posts:
    Heaven is real my dear, and so is hell. You can find heaven here on earth and in the afterlife. it just depend on how you see it.

Lee CT NE likes this.