Do You Believe in Heaven?

Discussion in 'Religion, Religious Views, and Life After Death' started by Coputere, Jul 6, 2016.

Do You Believe in Heaven? 5 5 1votes
5/5, 1 vote

1. Eva.Ling

Eva.Ling New Member
      8/25

Blog Posts:
    I used to think that. Then I had to go and read Yuval Noah Harari. :D

2. Okaviator

Okaviator Member
      13/29

Blog Posts:
    I actually believe that there is a heaven. If we came from a creator, then that would mean that our creator lives somewhere. And I think that, that somewhere is heaven.

Lee CT NE likes this.
  3. Keith H.

Keith H. Moderator Staff Member
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    I always wondered about some of the things said in the Bible. Makes sense that the heaven christians are always on about could be another planet. Angels, Aliens with jet packs. Makes sense. That I can believe in. Mary giving birth without having sex? No, sorry, ain't happening. She must have been playing away if Joseph had nothing to do with it. But hey, Joseph & Mary were married right? So why didn't they have sex? I mean that was the normal thing to do right? Anyway, Jesus was born, & he was a carpenter, which is & was a good trade, but I just don't understand how an Arab come to have white skin & blond hair! How did that happen?
    No, I think heaven is in a christians imagination, & I guess when you think of dying, it kind of helps if you think you are going somewhere else when you die. Me? I think when I die my spirit may hang around on earth in the place that I die, but of course I can't know that for sure. Anyway, I will not worry about dying, that is a ways off yet. One thing I do know for sure though, I will not be going to any heaven or any hell, they are a figment of the imagination & just put in the bible to help dying people & scare the hell out of the bad guys.
    Keith.

4. Scarlet

Scarlet Member
      23/29

Blog Posts:
    I believe in heaven as well as in hell because it's written in the bible. For those who don't believe, there are recent scientific studies on this and it was posted on youtube as I have seen it last year.

Tina Thompson and Lee CT NE like this.
  5. Lee CT NE

Lee CT NE Expert Member
      176/230

Blog Posts:
    Guess we'll all find out what's really true when we die. Until then I respectfully agree to disagree with you.

Tina Thompson likes this.
  6. Tina Thompson

Tina Thompson New Member
      8/29

Blog Posts:
    Mary was pregnant before her and Joseph got married. Heaven is real, God is real, Jesus was conceived by a virgin. I can tell you these things because I know them to be true. You don't want to wait till you die before you find out what's waiting on you, if you really knew you would get on your hands and knees and get right with God asap. If you want to find out about God , read the Bible, the only real truth. Why is so much conflict caused from it and why do people die over it, why has it been around for so long. This is a forum on surviving, the best and number one way to get ready is to have God on your side. I'm sorry if I offended you, not my intention. I just would like to warn you to get ready cause Jesus is coming any day now, this is why people are going into survival/off grid mode whether they know it or not. When He goes back up and takes his saints with him, He's taking His mercy with him, God help whoever's still here. That's all I gotta say.

Lee CT NE likes this.
  7. jeager

jeager Master Survivalist
      272/345

Blog Posts:
    Heaven is real.
    Because I said so.
    Case closed.:D

On a slightly more serious note........................
    I've been hobby studying religion for 30+ years with the nod going to Christianity.
    Also one of my two degrees comes from a Christian university and our 1st text book
    was a N.I.V. Bible.
    We studied in and wrote essay after essay on the Bible.
    My 100 page final paper is in the school library for student reference.
    There are at least 33,000 denominations of Christians all reading the same
    book.
    Go figger.
    Here's my educated take on the Heaven thing.
    Where is God?
    In the Heavens.
    Where is that?
    It ain't here.
    Another dimension?
    Well................maybe.
    It is vitally important to know?
    I don't think so.
    It's more important to me to follow the suggestions in the Bible.
    After all it is the ultimate guide to human interaction.
    Think about that for a second.
    If we follow the instructions in the owners manual for humans we won't
    have war, or crime, or poverty or any of the ills that plague mankind today.
    If I follow the suggestions outlined in the Bible I won't covet your wife,
    your property, become anxious, worried, drunk, steal, cheat, lie..............................

Heaven?
    Sure.

But not for most of us.
    "Good" people going to Heaven for being good people is a fairy tale.
    So is "bad" people going to Hell.
    Hell and Heaven are inventions of the early church.
    Even the Pope said a few years ago that Hell is an everlasting cutting off from
    God.
    Quite so it is.
    There is no literal Hell.
    You see Christians let the preacher preach and accept what he says as gospel.
    (PUN!)
    It ain't.
    That's as far as I go shattering your misconceptions this time round.
    But don't take my extremely educated word for these things.
    Learn for yourself.
    You likely won't however.
    Most people have the W.C. Fields views.
    I'll explain that if you ask me too otherwise I won't bore you.

8. Deathisue

Deathisue New Member
      8/29

Blog Posts:
    Sometimes I do, some do not, because there are many stories related to this subject, some very different than others, others very similar, so I'm a little skeptical in this subject, but if I think there is something beyond, something that we do not fully understand even and with the passage of the years is only a matter of time to see and face it.

9. jeager

jeager Master Survivalist
      272/345

Blog Posts:
    Deathisue

Odd screen name don'cha' think?

Welcome to the best survival forum in the world.

10. Okaviator

Okaviator Member
      13/29

Blog Posts:
    As Lee said, I'll just have to respectfully disagree with you. This is one of the reasons I don't like discussing religion as much as other people do. I just feel like religion differences can cause separations in possible friendships.

Lee CT NE likes this.
  11. Ystranc

Ystranc Master Survivalist
      410/460

Blog Posts:
    Ok, you asked the question so you'll have to put up with the answer, I don't believe in heaven or hell any further then they are the "carrot and the stick" to control peasant minds. Now feel free to click the ignore tab as I have just done for many who have replied to this post. Life is too short to listen to this drivel.
    I don't like to denigrate others beliefs but there seems to be a growing trend to post meaningless questions.
    This is a survival forum, not a theological debate group where we all hug and sing a song afterward.

12. Ystranc

Ystranc Master Survivalist
      410/460

Blog Posts:
    You manage to put it much more politely then I did and I congratulate you on your patience Laiportal but when I described them as peasant minds I meant it. I have no further time to waste on them.

13. Jameson

Jameson New Member
      8/29

Blog Posts:
    I do believe in heaven and of its existence. As Christians,we learn to find meaning through suffering,and our lives here on Earth is a true testament to that.The promise of Christianity is that of eternal life,and I believe that this promise is fullfiled to us when we die and leave the earthplane.

14. joegirl

joegirl Member
      18/29

Blog Posts:
    Yes. I believe in heaven and I believe there is life after death. Living does not end at death. Death is a shedding away of the body, The human spirit will live forever.

15. PedroP

PedroP Active Member
      38/58

Blog Posts:
    I don't believe I a heaven per se but rather a place where higher beings reside. Only those who have acquired enough knowledge and experience are allowed there and from there they help to less enlightened souls to evolve. So aye I believe in a better place, a higher existence.

16. Tina Thompson

Tina Thompson New Member
      8/29

Blog Posts:

17. Tina Thompson

Tina Thompson New Member
      8/29

Blog Posts:
    That's kind of the way I look at it. If you believe in Jesus, you must believe what He says. He says there is a heaven and a hell. He actually talks more about hell than heaven. You can't just pick out parts you like and don't like. It's kind of like a package deal. You have Jesus, His word, His word says we are going to Heaven. The only way to get there is through Jesus. The reason is because God requires a sacrifice for sin (read the Old Testament). God gave us Jesus to be the ultimate sacrifice for our sins and called it a done deal. No more sacrifice is required. If you choose to not accept this free gift, you must face the consequences when the time comes and it's coming soon,

18. CivilDefense

CivilDefense Expert Member
      235/345

Blog Posts:
    Scientific studies that prove the existence of heaven and hell? mhmm. Please cite the relevant peer-reviewed studies.

19. Tina Thompson

Tina Thompson New Member
      8/29

Blog Posts:
    It'll prove itself soon enough. There are two types of people, those who believe and those who don't. We fit in different categories. One thing that I have noticed though is that the people who don't believe are very hostile. Why is that? Where is the proof that God doesn't exist and that heaven isn't real or for that matter, that hell isn't real.

20. Robin Roberts Jungle

Robin Roberts Jungle Member
      18/29

Blog Posts:
    I don't want to generalize people into one category, but I have noticed this trend with nonbelievers as well. All you have to say is the word "God" online before someone starts an argument with you. It has happened to me. There are respectful and mature atheists, and there are those that bash on any religion they can find, particularly Christianity, and blame them for all the problems in the world. You can tell the difference. The latter has been more common in my experience. Also, a lot of nonbelievers are former Christians or have known former Christians, so when they hear or see something related to Christianity, they are hostile because they take their bad experiences and extrapolate them to other people, unfortunately. All you can do is pray for them as a believer and pray for both believers and nonbelievers alike so that we can find consensus and harmony. I believe there is a heaven, possibly, I am honestly 96% sure there is a heaven. I don't know for sure, nope, but I just continue to put my trust in God. I can only hope that I won't fade to eternal nothingness when I die.

21. CivilDefense

CivilDefense Expert Member
      235/345

Blog Posts:
    Asking for proof of a claim is not hostility. It is an inquiry.

The burden of proof for any claim rests upon he or she making the claim. There is no such burden of proof having to disprove an unsubstantiated claim.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2017