Do You Feel Safe For Carrying Some Kind Of Weapon?

Discussion in 'Safety' started by WildSpirit, Jul 20, 2017.

0/5, 0 votes

1. WildSpirit

WildSpirit Active Member
      48/58

Blog Posts:
    3fc06f3c63333fdc6e961834105a1b3c.jpeg
    Many people think that because they are armed (usually any type of weapon :confused:) they are automatically safe in any kind of situation. A problem arising from this is to end up underestimating many dangerous situations (this is a big failure) and end up being surprised negatively.

Do you think a weapon really makes you safer?

2. Xilkozuf

Xilkozuf Active Member
      41/58

Blog Posts:
    Weapons can be dangerous in the wrong hands, and useful and helpful in good hands. If you know yourself, and you know you are a reliable individual, who can have a gun without the risk of starting a shooting, or similar scenarios, then having a weapon is perfectly fine and it can assure your safety.
    Remember, guns don't kill people, people kill people.

3. CivilDefense

CivilDefense Expert Member
      235/345

Blog Posts:
    I am proficient on the use of the firearms I carry. Do I feel safer so equipped than without? Yes, of course. Up to a point that is. Most trouble can be avoided by just using your noodle.

coffee and GS AutoTech like this.
  4. Bishop

Bishop Master Survivalist
      335/345

Blog Posts:
    It's better to have it and not need it than not to have it and need it.

coffee, GS AutoTech and CivilDefense like this.
  5. WildSpirit

WildSpirit Active Member
      48/58

Blog Posts:
    I think EXACTLY like you. :) The problem are not guns (not at all), it's the people who use them. One day the world will realize this! :cool:

6. WildSpirit

WildSpirit Active Member
      48/58

Blog Posts:
    One of the biggest problems related to this is just how trained is the person who will use the weapon. Not just buy it (as many people think).

7. WildSpirit

WildSpirit Active Member
      48/58

Blog Posts:
    Your thinking makes perfect sense :) (although I'm sure millions of people will find your commentary a little bit nonsense).

8. Corzhens

Corzhens Master Survivalist
      277/345

Blog Posts:
    It depends on the situation. In the wilderness, I feel safer if I have a gun with me provided there are no rebels around. Caught by rebels with a gun, that would be disastrous. But in the urban areas, it is safer if you would be alert instead of having a gun. Criminals may ignore you if they know you are monitoring them. But knowing you have a weapon, I don't think they will let you free.

9. WildSpirit

WildSpirit Active Member
      48/58

Blog Posts:
    Your point of view is really good. Wee must really consider the situation because the prospects may be very different.

10. Keith H.

Keith H. Moderator Staff Member
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    Carrying a weapon MAY help you better defend yourself. Obviously nothing will protect you from getting shot by a gun other than another gun. Do I feel safer carrying a gun? Yes. Does a gun keep me safe? No.
    Keith.

11. CivilDefense

CivilDefense Expert Member
      235/345

Blog Posts:
    Well, I agree with that. If one is going to carry arms, he/she needs to know what they are doing, and have practiced a lot. Just packing a piece isn't going to help and it might just hurt.

12. GS AutoTech

GS AutoTech Expert Member
      232/345

Blog Posts:
    Without being mentally prepared, aware of your surroundings & some form of practice your weapon will become your own enemy.

13. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    I carry a gun a lot of the time and YES it makes me feel safer. I'm not just talking about safe from muggers or human based problems. When you live in the country you could have all sorts of critter problems...and we don't even have bears or mountain lions here!! What we do have is lots of snakes, too many feral animals since the stupid city folks think that is the thing to do with animals they don't want anymore. Where I live is a quarantine County. That means that we have rabid animals and it is against the law to remove an animal from here that hasn't received a rabies vaccination. This is comon in the forested parts of Texas and I assume most similar areas. I have been here for 35 years and only seen two animals that I think were rabid but that was enough that I don't go in the wood unarmed. Skunks are especially bad about being rabid.

When I travel I always go armed. I HATE the helpless feeling that comes along the first time you get someplace and REALLY wish that you had your gun!! I'm NEVER totally unarmed but just find the entire thought of being forced into a gunfight when I don't have mine. I always have a knife and always have a club, I'm handicapped don't you know, but neither is much good it someone pulls a gun. My problem is that I am just plain STUPID. I don't care if you have a gun or a knife or WHATEVER. If you try to mug or rob me I'm going to fight and today is ALWAYS a better day to die than live with my tail tucked between my legs!!!

14. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    I learned the hard way about hitting people with my hands. Hands are made of small and in general light bones and I kept breaking them. Have carried a knife since I was 7 years old. I like clubs and such and have carried a walking stick for decades. I have manage to not break my hands in a lot of years now and like it that way. I've had three punks try to mug and rob me the are 0 for 3.

Truthfully for most of my life I was just not someone that most people wanted to fight. I'm 6' 2" and usually weigh around 235. Until I was in my 50s I was benching about 300 pounds and could out run most skinny people. I never got into the martial arts thing. Too many rules. I'm more of a ground and pound sort of guy. I was always able to absorb enough punishment to close with someone then once I got hold of them I started breaking bones.

Fingers, thumbs, collar bones, orbital bones the smaller bone on the inside of the forearm. None of them can take a lot of stress. I also bite pinch and gouge. I fight like and animal there ARE no rules. LOL, I spit in a guys eyes one time to blind him long enough for me to take him down and out. I never liked fighting though and never started a single fight. What I couldn't stand and watch was a bully beating up a little guy or someone with issues. That was where most of my fights got started.

Now with the new laws I never plan on having to fight again. I'll just let you hit me once and then shoot you.

15. greymanila

greymanila Active Member
      38/58

Blog Posts:
    Of course, being prepared for any situation is best. In our country, if someone armed asks for your money, it's best to give your wallet even if you have a gun. Because these crooks don't work alone, and he's bound to have accomplices hiding in the shadows or in the crowd that you don't know about who are also armed.

16. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    in my country its more likely to be a knife than a gun, of course "Muggings" or street robbery happens exclusively in the cities, a place I avoid like the plague.

17. Keith H.

525/575

Blog Posts:
    People go missing all the time over here, their bodies are usually found eventually though. Mostly women. I remember a young bloke & his girlfriend one time going round shooting campers with a .22. The facts are that this world is NOT a safe place, it is just a matter of whether or not you are in the wrong place at the wrong time or not. Carrying a gun can save your life IF you get a chance to use it.
    Keith.

18. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    its not so much guns that are a problem over here, not to say there aren't occasions when it is-like Hungerford- but its mostly knife crime here and most of that is gang related-cities again.

Keith H. likes this.
  19. Ystranc

Ystranc Master Survivalist
      410/460

Blog Posts:
    This may sound strange to the forum members outside the UK but currently I feel safer unarmed (this may change) If I use good sense here in the UK I'm probably safer because I'm alert to my situation and not getting overconfident. I'm able to look after myself but I avoid trouble if I can.
    If you're caught carrying an offensive weapon as an every day carry before the shit hits the fan you will be sure to get prosecuted. A knife or gun will do you no good if it's in an evidence bag while you're locked up on remand.
    If you're carrying a weapon when you're attacked you had better be willing and able to use it or it'll end up in the hands of your attacker.

20. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Legendary Survivalist
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    "Do you think a weapon really makes you safer?"

Yes.

21. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    When I was a boy, I knew that my dad was something made of iron and would kill anything or anyone trying to harm our family. His brothers were always armed. Dad's chest was as thick as it was wide and he could blackjack / beat a man to death for recreational reasons. That made me feel good.

As an adult, I wasn't afraid when a fellow tried to get into our house one night. I'd have shot him dead. There was nothing to think about, really. He'd of been dead. What really is there to say about this? An aggressor is a target, just another animal to kill, it's just something one automatically does.

coffee likes this.
  22. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    I feel sort of naked when I don't have any sort of weapon. It doesn't happen very often. I usually have a layers set of weapons. I nearly always have some sort of hand weapon like knuckles or a kubotan. Then I have a knife or two on me always. Usually one folder and one in a belt sheath. Then handgun and in my truck there is often a shotgun. and either a machete or an ax. Oh and I always have a heavy walking stick. I love the Cold Steel walking sticks and am seriously considering a sword in my next cane now that such is legal to carry in Texas. Life is getting harder and harder for the criminal element here. My wife even carries a knife and has one of my sticks in her car. She spent a decade working with inmates on death row and 25 years in total working behind bars here in Texas and is NOT a shrinking violet.

coffee likes this.
  23. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    I can't imagine the terror of being in your home without a weapon and hearing someone coming down the hall for you. I'm with you I have no fear I'll kill them when they come into my space and never think twice about it. When my little girl grew up and moved out when she was in College my house warming present to her was a sawed off 12 gauge shotgun. I put a stock bandoleer on it and it came with buckshot ammo. Even when she was a child she was trained to handle a gun. Had a gun and if she was home alone it was loaded and she knew EXACTLY what to do and we practiced it.

If someone broke into the house and our dog didn't eat him alive she was to go to her room, close the door, get in her closet where she kept her gun, aim at the door and start screaming telling them that she had a gun. If someone opened that door she was to shoot them. If it was me or anyone that knew us they would be yelling back to her who they were and if I had sent them they would have the password. We had always had passwords. She and I had hunted together since she was 6 or so and by 9 she was a very competent shot with rifles, handguns and shotguns.

coffee likes this.
  24. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    If you run with scissors and trip you may stab yourself and die. So you shouldn't have scissors? This is the same old thing. guns don't kill people people kill people. In this case ignorance might kill you but in this isn't rocket science. Don't run with scissors and don't point a gun at anything that you don't want to kill and conversely if you point the gun make sure that you are willing to pull the trigger. There are some people that should never have a gun just as some should never be allowed to drive a car. The issue is not the gun, the scissors or the car it is that the person lacks something that would allow them to use it safely. Sometimes you are your own worse enemy and I won't blame it on the tool.

coffee and GS AutoTech like this.
  25. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    Danm I'm doing like billa and having a conversation all alone!!!

GS AutoTech likes this.
  26. GS AutoTech

232/345

Blog Posts:
    I whole heartedly agree. I have CCDW permit, so most of the day my pistol is on my person. Within arms reach otherwise. I have the training and the sense to use my weapon when needed plus the resolve to defend myself by whatever means needed. Without those things, your weapon can & may very well be used against you if you fail to utilize it properly.

coffee likes this.
  27. GS AutoTech

232/345

Blog Posts:
    LMAO :)

28. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    With age, it happens more often.

And it's NOT senility. Nearer the next world, we subconsciously realize that we actually are not alone. I wonder if our departed ancestors watch us out of concern, or is it that our very lives in this world are the stuff of situational comedies for those souls in the next. If true, I'm more than a little upset. I'm not laughing -- just saying. When I get to sit down and smoke a cigarette with God, one of the things I'll complain about is being watched in this world should there have been any snickering going on in the next.

Hey you ghosts, go watch somebody else! It's chili beans and beer for me tonight -- hope you get a nose full of that!

29. omegaman

omegaman Expert Member
      123/173

Blog Posts:
    I remember this guy I met, talking about his job as a cop being the most dangerous in this country. The more I listened to him the more it cam clear to me; Everything is dangerous if you are an idiot. So, I keep staying out of trouble and I find no trouble. I dont go looking for snakes. I dont go up to that bear cub and cuddle it up just because it looks so cute. I would give my 40 dollar pocket stash if someone came and asked me for it with a gun in his hand. Now, there are gruesome scenarious you can think of, lots of stuff goes on in the world, but as long as the nuclear nazi zombies don't bother me, I dont plan on bothering them either.

Ystranc likes this.
  30. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    What you are seeing and talking about has to do with peoples life expediencies. Actuarial tables will show that until you reach true old age, the older you get the MORE likely you are to live 10 more years. As you get older you get smarter and experiance makes you less likely to make a terminal mistake. Also as you get older your testosterone levels lower and you are less stupidly aggressive and will shift from fighting to just beating the heck out of your adversaries instead. ( Fighting means you give them a chance to hit you back or hurt you. Beating someone means that you ended the fight with a preemptive first blow...like going upside their head with something heavy and hard rather than running your head at them and TELLING them what you are going to do. THEN you can proceed with the beating.) Another reason for the longer 10 year life expectancy is the simple fact that the just plain STUPID didn't last long enough to be older and so you are a part of a smarter group by survival of the fittest.

In my old age I am a lot less likely to get hurt in a fight because of something that someone says. I just don't care what sort of crap comes out of and idiots mouth. IF on the other hand I feel threatened I am more likely to walk away and if you don't let me do so peacefully and grab me I will beat you down and then walk away. As I turn to walk away I reached into my pocket and if I turn and hit you the "fight" is over. Being older makes life so much simpler. On top of everything else as the years pass now I see every day as a good day to die if I can do it going down fighting and not laying in a bed wasting away like I have seen so many others do.

coffee likes this.
  31. Keith H.

525/575

Blog Posts:
    A gun is an equaliser, it does not matter what the attacker has, knife or iron bar, I don't want to get into a knife fight at my age. If I am protecting my family as well as myself, then I need to dispatch my assailant as quickly as possible. A gun allows me to do that. Not in the here & now of course, I would be arrested & charged & have my guns taken from my premises. Such is the anti-self defence laws in Australia. But post shtf, when the corrupt government is not so active, & we live in a lawless society, then anything goes.
    Keith.

32. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    A gun doesn't make you 7 feet tall and armor plated. There is actually no such thing as being truly and totally safe. If someone shoots me I could be dead. If they fail in that if I am armed they may be the one to die. If not then they can shoot me again until I'm gone. All the gun does is offer me the opportunity to fight back on an equal playing field.

A man is only free when he is the one in control of that freedom. If you give up that then you are a beggar and when they tire of your begging they will gather you up and take you to the ovens as the Nazis did the Jews. I WILL die a free man one way or another.

coffee likes this.
  33. watcherchris

watcherchris Legendary Survivalist
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    I feel bad for my cousins in the UK with your laws. But that is your country and I have no desire to become an Englishman...though I am an admirer of certain English histories....Francis Drake and his Golden Hind....Oliver Cromwell and the English Civil War..and of course the Magna Carta.....etc....and yes...even that Englsh Bulldog...Winston Spencer Churchill.
    I am a Yank...even a Bloody Yank and proud of it. I have no desire to be a British Subject with privileges. It is my way.

But that is your country...and your ways.

But reason tells me that over the long run...any government which will not trust it's people to be armed..will not trust it's people with a vote....no matter how many speeches are made to the contrary.

This is why I am always very dubious about the left in this country and also the phony Republican Party.

I too am usually armed when I go about town. I have no use for or respect for two legged wildlife. I can respect the motivations of four legged wildlife much much more than the two legged variety.

On the other hand.....I do have martial arts training and still carry either my 1911, my Ruger GP 100 four inch barrel, or my recently acquired .40 caliber S&W. Also carry spare magazines or speed loaders.

Oh......and here is what is laughable to me and I have explained this to people I know also in my trade.

The left is worried about me owning a firearm????? All these bleeding hearts in Washington DC are worried about me with a firearm.

My day job is preparing and handing Uranium 235 fuel cells to install in nuclear reactors...as well as maintaining the equipment to so do.

One has to be educated to become so stupid as to worry about me with a firearm. Only education can dumb people down this far. Ishmaelites....who love to put others into bondage.

As I am so often want to declare...."If you cannot be trusted with a firearm...you will never be trusted with a vote."

Be warned of the Ishmaelites. So many of them are now in leadership positions.

My .02,

Watcherchris

Not an Ishmaelite.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2017
  34. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    The town in which I work and its environment are not particularly dangerous. In this state, I've not applied for a carry permit. Where I work is a firearm-banned area, so we are sitting ducks for any nut-cases off their medications -- now that does give me moment for pause.

Depending on what type of SHTF situation occurs will determine whether I will continue to attempt to go on working post-SHTF. If I work, I'll have to consider the degree to which the place becomes dangerous. Where I live will go up danger-factor-wise but not as much as where I work. Problem is, if one goes on working during insane times, one leaves the family to guard the home against interlopers, for the police will increasingly become overwhelmed. Full-SHTF and the police will become useless, indeed FEMA and National Guard units will become a joke. If the full military is brought in (those not involved in the foreign wars that will be raging) for civilian control, they will only be able to establish marshal law in the major urban areas -- they can't cover a nation.

Post-SHTF, legally or illegally, I'll be armed. Often when I'm at home, I keep a handgun in my pocket. I don't like being without a gun in arm's reach. I'm always close to something I can use as a weapon. I always have a knife on me. When I take a shower, I have a gun within reach. I keep those not in use in gun safes. And yes I feel safe with a gun.

I also like having a perimeter -- electronic and canine. I don't like the idea of anyone being able to walk in on me.

coffee likes this.
  35. watcherchris

510/575

Blog Posts:
    Yeah Olde Geezer...same here where I work....

Though I have handguns...my primary home tool is a short barreled Mossberg Pump in 12 gauge...with assorted fodder. I have also purchased the extra hunting length barrel for it with the screw in chokes...it only made good sense to me.

Back up is a Model 37 Ithica also in 12 gauge police special. This is an olde one and purchaced when the olde police stocks were sold off to dealers. I knew immediately the value of this shotgun when first I saw it.
    This shotgun has a peculiarity built into it...in that it will slam fire if you hold down the trigger and just pump. I don't recommend this as it is very very stout on both ends if one tries this kind of foolishness. It is difficult to control.

Oh..and my two Rossi Pump .22s have this slam fire feature but again I don't recommend it.
    I'd rather shoot accurately than shoot a lot and just make a lot of noise.

What I would verily like to find is a combination gun...in 12 or 20 gauge with .357 or 7.62x 39mm on the top barrel. Combination guns are become difficult to find and often when you do ...pricey. But I like their simplicity as well as versatility.

Agree about the police in SHTF...NG and FEMA too.

Thanks,
    Watcherchris

coffee likes this.
  36. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    most of what you read in the papers or on the TV about the UK is overblown, sure there is crime but it is only carried out by a minority the majority are law abiding, the cities are the place where most crime happens and its usually places like London.
    I don't go into cities and I haven't been in a city for 20 years I have no need to. my area is fairly low crime almost no crime, usually a bit of low level cannabis use or a "domestic".

37. watcherchris

510/575

Blog Posts:
    ...Lonewolf,

I was not referring primarily to crime...though that is a concern of mine....protection of my home and property...loved ones.

I was referring to "Trust."

Also in my reference to "Two legged wildlife." that includes any radical groups. Since last November and the notice by the group" Antifa" which has been carrying out such havoc/chaos in certain towns and college campuses here in America...I have included in my transportation arrangements....a cased long gun..or rifle.. .308 calibration....in addition to the standard short gun.

I am not running about seeking trouble...but this particular group seems to believe this nation and it's people/ streets and byways are theirs to command...and or herd/corral/bully it's people.

As is the case with many independent thinking Americans, not looking for a government breast or solution to everything, we do not approve of that kind of bullying.....by anyone.
    We want to be left alone in our thoughts, ideas, occupations, monies , our religion, and families.

We do not believe in "Absolute Power...or Divine Right of Kings" in government and we remember off and on over the last 8 years....certain people reminding our president "You are not a king."

I knew what it meant the first time I heard someone say it to and about Barrak Obama. For I know what happened in the English Civil War and with Oliver Cromwell and with the Puritans....at Nasby Field and Marston Moor. And this history provided a very important basis or base line or justification ...for our revolution here in America.
    And this history is so seldom taught to Americans for it's significance to us and come to find out it is seldom taught to our cousins in the UK as well.

"You are not a King" is well worth knowing and remembering here in America and by Americans.

This ever quest for "Absolute power or Divine Right of Kings" ....in "The Ever War"... still going on out here... is one of the main reasons a government does not trust it's people to be armed. And I mean here physically as well as mentally and spiritually.

For here in America and among those who know ...within our charter of government is "The Chains of the Constitution."
    This meaning we...the people are not to trust our government...not the other way around.
    For this reason...History itself...government is to be bound by "The Chains of the Constitution."

These "Chains" are enshrined within our charter of government in what are called "The First Ten Amendments"
    And among them is the Second Amendment covering the keeping and bearing of arms.
    This has been a thorn in the side of government since it's inception and government has predictably tried one way after another after another ad nausea to get around it...and since our beginning.
    Government has tried to get around all of these Ten Amendments ..and in particular the Second Amendment.

This is why we are not Englishmen....though someone is trying very hard to make us so .

Trust....

Thanks to all for their posts,
    Watcherchris

Last edited: Dec 31, 2017
    coffee likes this.
  38. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    I am proud to be an Englishman and more than that a Devonian.
    there are many things wrong with this country mostly caused by a thing called politics but its still a good country to live in for all its faults.

39. watcherchris

510/575

Blog Posts:
    Lonewolf,

You have every right to be proud to be an Englishman. No problem by me on this.

In like manner to which I am proud to be a Yank...and in particular ....A Rebel living down here in the South of the Mason Dixon Line.

I just have no desire to be an Englishman or a Continental.

I am Proud of the English Move and for Englishmen to desire to get out of the European Union and reap your own profits and not have them governed by a European Committee. Is this not called Brexit??
    England has always stood alone in this world and on her Island.

While I am proud to be an American...a Yank..I am concerned that with the tendency towards Globalism ...that the England of Chaucer, of King James ...of Queen Elizabeth 1st...Francis Drake and his Golden Hind...Winston Churchill and Oliver Cromwell...will disappear from this earth....and disappear to this disgusting religion called Political Correctness.

I am also concerned that Globalism is trying to re write our American history and substitute it with "The Blame Game" in politics and social engineering/Political Correctness.

This too is still a good country in which to live..but not in the big cities. This in like manner to the UK.

Thanks for your post,
    Watcherchris

Post Script:

I should tell you here...Lonewolf...that this area is known for much of the early history of this nation having taken place...pre colonial as well as during and after our revolution from the King of England.

Jamestown is some 30 miles north west of me on the shores of the James River...and founded in 1607.

About twelve miles north of me is Yorktown where the Revolutionary War ended.

Lots of history took place around here and constantly reminds us that we are Yanks/Americans and not Englishmen.

Also many key early battles took place here in our American Civil War.

coffee likes this.
  40. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    I think globalisation is what eventually will cause SHTF, there are too many links in the supply chain which are subject to any manner of causes which will sever the link, when that happens we will all be in deep doo doo.
    I keep trying to explain this to members of my British forum in my own blunt way but too many are of the part time variety of prepper and just don't get it.

41. watcherchris

510/575

Blog Posts:
    "About Divine Right of Kings and or Absolute Power" "You are not a King"

In January of 1649 ...King Charles 1st was brought to the block and his head removed...executed for Treason.

This marks the first time in the Western World wherein a ordinary people had ever executed their King.

What this did historically was to put an end to the dogma of "Absolute Power or Divine Right of Kings" in the western world.
    Since then no King or Queen of England has ever declared themselves "Divine Right." They are only the administrators of Just English Law.

But this event was preceded by years of an English Civil War....out of which was to become an English figure named Oliver Cromwell. It was a Civil War between the Roundheads or Parliamentarians and the Cavaliers or Royalty.

The relevance to us in our American Revolutioinary war...is this...

When our founders looked around in history for an example of if a people had ever turned on their King.....they needn't look any further than the English Civil War and the Parliamentarians against the King...the Puritans against the Cavaliers.

Oliver Cromwell had settled that question over a hundred years before.

A King is not divine right and does not have absolute power.

This is the history I knew and immediately recalled when it was told to Barrack Obama ...."You are not a King."

The President does not have absolute power....nor does the Congress.

Thanks,
    Watcherchris

coffee likes this.
  42. watcherchris

510/575

Blog Posts:
    Agree....Lonewolf about Globalism.

Globalism is just another road to Divine Right of Kings or Absolute power. It is "The Ever War" continued under the cover of Globalism.

Thanks,
    Watcherchris.

coffee likes this.
  43. watcherchris

510/575

Blog Posts:
    Ok....back to carrying a weapon...and or feeling safe....

I am hesitant to go out tonight but my lady friend is insistent we meet her sister and some other friends to go out to dinner this evening. I reluctantly went along with it. One of the other people with us is a police officer.

Nonetheless I will be carrying my Ruger GP 100 ...four speed loaders and a 18 round wallet case in my back pocket.

Again I am not looking for trouble but feel better just a bit in carrying concealed.

In this time and day of Jihads ...I prefer to carry and believe that at some time soon....they will be running amok in this country to make their political points. So too I worry about the two legged wildlife called Antifa. They too are biding their time, watching, and waiting for something. Stories are that in line with their devout and religious/zealous belief in a professional "victim class" of people....persecuted by the ideologies of others....that Antifa is at some level joining and or morphing in with the Jihads. If so this is going to get very interesting.

I believe they (the Jihads) are going to find the same problems the Palestinians had when attempting shoot outs with the Israeli citizenry.
    That the Israelis know how to shoot and will not hesitate. Americans tend to be slow to catch on and anger..which is a good thing....but they do catch on and do anger.....not necessarily a good thing.
    This world does not want angry Americans turned loose upon it. For historically Americans turned loose with the gloves taken off....are the most efficient killers this world has ever seen.
    This is what I mean by not a good thing. This is the record of history and in the short time Americans have been around.

I do not plan to be out and about as the midnight hour takes place. I want to be home with my feet up in my lazy boy or on my ham radio. The rest of the world can keep going on by.
    I can 't help it...I am just such an advanced...."Social Butterfly!!"

Thanks,
    Watcherchris

coffee likes this.
  44. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    I have links to Charlottesville, VA and still currently know folk who live there. These folk had family downtown C.ville during the "festivities" this past August. They took videos. I have watched said videos. And we have talked.

The right-wingers showing up in Charlottesville were a joke. Seriously. They were dweebs. I'm from KKK territory and in my father's generation, my family had KKK members -- not my dad, he wouldn't allow the N-word to be said in his house. My family were friends with black families (we lived on the wrong side of the tracks also), even family who were KKK-ers had black friends. Go figure. Strange world where I'm from. KKK attacked more "undesirable" whites than "trouble-making" blacks.

The old guard Klan would have rejected these right-wingers marching in C.ville. The Klan used to be mean -- and I am talking killers. These modern "Klan" were a crew of sissies. They fought, yes; however, the Black Lives Matter, BLM, crew beat the crap out of them, literally stomped them on the pavement. These "Klan" had ZERO intimidation factor about them. The blacks were stomping them for recreational reasons and having a good time doing so. The neoNAZIs were cartoon characters, a royal joke for sure.

As to the Antifa, only a few were actual bone-breakers. Most were wanna-be 1960s/70s radicals -- they looked the part, but were not. No veterans among them, or precious few. The only thing the Antifa had going for them was numbers. C.ville is a far-Left gathering place (you'd be surprised at how many celebrities live there; Dave Matthews Band, TV and movie actors and producers). Employees of the local government, UVa faculty and administrators, and local political activists brought in the Antifa -- encouraged them and paid for their transportation.

Only a very few Antifa were armed
    ac09ad44433868711cccb0fed8361c41.jpeg
    Sad. You'd still have to cut them in half if they began to attack you or the local police. The state police were capable and could have taken care of themselves.

There were all-told, maybe 50 to 100 right-wing protesters (protesting the removal of Confederate statues). The Antifa numbered in the low thousands, at least 2000. There's no knowing, however the entire downtown area of C.ville was covered, shoulder to shoulder with them.

The C.ville police department allowed this crazy caldron to cook. The cops did next to nothing ... oh excuse me, at one point, the cops did herd the right-wingers into the side streets where Antifa and BLM were protesting. This created a gauntlet of beatings for the pathetic wanna-be storm troopers.

Some militia were there and it was those folk who did the most to separate the protesters from the Antifa. This lowered the violence for a time, however there were simply too few militia to make any real difference and I think(?) they left early, just went home the better part of them did.

As the r.wingers left, the Antifa crew threw bricks, pieces of concrete, and glass bottles filled with cement (pre-prepped) at their cars. The right-wingers when on foot carried shields -- good thing, 'cause they were getting pelted with all manner of thrown objects. If you really look online, you can find videos of the Antifa attacking the r.wing protesters. Note that the police are little seen in such videos. There were some state police who stood up to a section of the BLM crew. Listen, C.ville was a total cluster-f###. Crazy. Out of control.

One boy, 20 yr old, got his car hit by a piece of concrete, so he put his car in reverse and crashed into the crew throwing the concrete or brick. This is when the young woman was killed and many people got hurt. It was a good long time, too long, before the cops stopped this car. He could have done a whole lot more violence had that been his goal. He went nuts when his car got hit -- probably not screwed on straight to begin with.

The powers that be in Charlettesville wanted to see conflict. Well boys and girls, they got their wish. Virginia governor Terry McAuliffe was there to gain some political points, but when things went sideways, his handlers got him out of Charlottesville post haste.

How tawdry! How stupid! Words fail me. All of this was utterly preventable. Maybe someone dropped a IQ-lowering bomb on the town. Not to be believed.

coffee likes this.
  45. watcherchris

510/575

Blog Posts:
    About dinner last night.

I was back home by shortly after 7 pm and glad of it. I put my feet up and watched re runs of Game Of Thrones eventually falling asleep in my lazy boy.

That was more than enough excitement for one day.

I too see the incident at Charlottesville as a manufactured/made to order incident. The reaction of the media to this small event is what clued me in to the concept that it was manufactured...made to order....planned for this result. Also here and clear to me was the predictable reaction of the media to this event.

While they are still in the game if you want to use that pharase...I think that this incident significantly catapulted Antifa into the ranks of a terrorist bullying group...in the minds of the American People. Americans have had enough of manufactured chaos for political capital.

I recognized some time back the pattern of Antifa and BLM by the historical reading of two books..

Nesta Websters..."Secret Societies and Subversive Movements"

and..

Edith Starr Miller's "Occult Theocracy"

These two books outline the history of such movements sponsoring chaos and violence going back into the Middle 1800s...but being pioneered in the French Revolution.

Someone backed them ...someone financed and trained them then turned them loose on different nations.

It is one of these home grown anarchists who assassinated Archduke Ferdinand and his wife Sophie leading to WW1.

Certain aspects of the chaos in Northern Ireland are also covered in these books and that conflict is not quite what most people think is going on.

Also if you know the history you can see these groups working in the destabilizing of Italy in the 1800s and into the 1900s through planned , trained, sponsored revolutionary groups....including the Red Brigades and Propaganda 2.

Same thing in the middle east.

Based on some of the books I have read...what is currently happening in Iran and Saudi Arabia is a western plan ....backed by the West and would not have happened under Barrack Obama.

Someone in the West is destabilizing Saudi Arabia and also now Iran....two big sponsors of World Wide Terrorism.
    I have been thinking that at some level the so called War on Terrorism is also not quite what most of us have been lead to believe. That someone in the West is quietly sponsoring and giving the nod of approval to Terrorism for political capital...and also sponsoring a religion of devout and zealous proportions and of which the average individual is not even aware.

It's long range purpose by people in the west is to bring in the religion of Ishmael and get rid of the religion of Isaac.
    To put Americans into more bondage under globalism. And Globalism is definitely a devout, zealous, and international religion as it was in very ancient times.

I could say more but this will suffice for now.

Thanks,
    Watcherchris

Not an Ishmaelite

Last edited: Jan 1, 2018
    coffee likes this.
  46. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    Basically all revolutions start with the creation and spreading of chaos. This is especially true when the change is coming from the top down. If a government wants to take away the "rights" of its people it will start by allowing or creating chaos that will frighten and disorient the populace. Then when they suspend the rights they tell them that they are doing it for their own good and people are more likely to accept it and allow it.

For example...They, with the help of the media, are trying to make it seem as if we are a people under siege and in constant danger from guns and gun violence. Nonetheless the true facts are that gun deaths in America are WAY down on the list of ways people die. Gun deaths in America are not the leading cause of death in America by any means. Even among the deaths that are gun related most of them are not caused by criminal actions. Understand, suicides, accidents, Americans killed in other places at war, criminals shot by cops and criminals shot by their victims are all included.

Even when you look at the gun deaths from murder most of those killings are criminals that are killing other criminals. The number of good law abiding citizens that are killed by gun violence is actually very small. Basically though it is in the vested interest of the powers running this country to make i seem as if we as individuals are under constant and imminent danger of being a victim of gun violence and the only solution is to take the guns away from the good honest people.

Take note that there seems to be almost no interest in disarming criminals. That would actually be pretty easy. Require everyone that is not a convicted felon to have it so noted on their drivers license or ID just as it is noted if you need corrective lenses to drive. If you are caught with a gun and no clear license it is a federal offense with a mandatory LOOOONG sentence that will have no parole allowed. Second offence is a death penalty. END OF PROBLEM. Anyone caught selling a gun to someone that doesn't have a clear license gets the same as the felon. Other than that there would be no need for any sort of gun related laws having to do with when or where you could be in possession.

Fear not though, none of this will never happen, because the rights of the criminals can't ever be restricted...unlike the rights of honest law abiding citizens.

coffee likes this.
  47. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    I only take heart in that more and more of Heartland America is waking up. "Baby boomers" are now of an age where they can smell B.S. at a distance and simply are not going to be led like sheep. And folk are really tired of taking care of people who are able-bodied, yet unwilling to work. As for having masses of people heading into your country when there are few jobs available, or they displace citizens' jobs, this no longer sits well with the working class folk.

In the USA, anger is building and the folk in government who expect the masses to be good little serfs are getting frightened. "The masses must be herded!" However they are pushing back -- first with their votes. The media is getting upset that the masses will not just lap-up the slop they call "news". Call the media propagandists and the media will label you as a radical. People are answering, "OK, I am a radical." Thus the heat one sees all around this nation. I'm watching countries like England to see where their breaking point will be -- currently I can't believe what the British citizens put up with. In Germany, the citizens are fed up with what is being foisted onto them. In Austria there are the beginnings of open rebellion. We'll see what happens. I myself witness the heat rising month by month. This pressure cooker does not have a safety blow-off, so when tempers go critical, there will be violence. If economies begin to collapse, urban areas will burn.

coffee likes this.
  48. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    One of these days the idiots are going to decide to riot in the wrong place and the results will be blood ankle deep in the streets. Where I live there are just too many people carrying guns that understand that the law of the land here is that you have every right to use it to protect you and your property. This right is extended to you, your family, your home, your car and your place of business. The end result of a riot like they had in LA of Ferguson Missouri would result in a bunch of very shot up rioters and looters. If the trash of this country freaks out when a cop kills a criminal what do you think they are going to do when ordinary citizens kill a few hundred?

If this had happened during the Obummer administration he would have tried to send the military in and that would have led to the shortest and bloodiest revolution in history. With Trump in office I am really not sure what would happen. The Union might split but I'm not sure where the lines would be. The division in this country isn't North South or East West it is Urban and not urban.

https://www.bing.com/images/search?view=detailV2&ccid=y2DOjDxV&id=7D6808754AC8F6EC775EEE82625055FA3CE006EA&thid=OIP.y2DOjDxVvIDh0ZyfBUUntAE3DI&mediaurl=http://i0.wp.com/metrocosm.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/election-2016-county-map.png?resize=600%2C386&exph=386&expw=600&q=political+map+of+2016+election+by+county&simid=608018387260606012&selectedIndex=0&ajaxhist=0

The red is Trump counties and the Blue was Clinton in the last election. Note for example in Texas. The Blue dots represent Houston, Dallas, Austin, San Antonio and the mostly hispanic Rio Grande valley. This is the way our country is divided.

coffee likes this.
  49. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    I'm familiar with that map and have referenced it numerous times. Love it.

Urban folk simply don't get it that they are hair's breadth away from ruin and starvation, with no small amount of violence thrown in. The violence coming from those who vote the same as they.

When the union splits, I see: The Left Coast, then the Socialist New England and Mid-East coast.

Conservatives will simply organize the middle of this continent.

The Japanese have already purchased Hawaii. The Far Right will end up with Idaho and Alaska.

coffee likes this.
  50. Squirtgunsquirter

Squirtgunsquirter Member
      13/29

Blog Posts:
    Do I feel safer carrying a weapon? Yes. Yes I do.

Old Geezer likes this.