Do You Have A Good Memory?

Discussion in 'General Q&A' started by WildSpirit, Jul 12, 2017.

0/5, 0 votes

1. WildSpirit

WildSpirit Active Member
      48/58

Blog Posts:
    dbab24ce86372aa043de5322d33192a6.jpeg

The mind is an extremely vast field, and we know that we don't use it in its potentiality (and I doubt it one day we can still get there :D). Memory is a very enigmatic part of the mind, and its functioning is directly connected to several aspects. It's like walking in a big and very complicated maze.

What would be your strongest aspect? Visual memory? Auditory memory? Memory of touch? Or some other differentiated aspect? :rolleyes:

2. Ystranc

Ystranc Master Survivalist
      410/460

Blog Posts:
    Smell is an immediate trigger for very specific memories, both good and bad.
    I also have an excellent memory for faces and an ability to tell where I know them from and in what context. However I have a bad memory for names.

3. Xilkozuf

Xilkozuf Active Member
      41/58

Blog Posts:
    Well I don't have a bad memory, since I remember most stuff - in both senses, like I remember stuff that happened years ago and stuff I have to do. So yes... it might not be the best, but I have a good memory. And this is something that scares me, actually, since one of my biggest fear is losing memory and memories. Forgetting your past, forgetting the best moments of your life, or simply forgetting simple stuff you had to do and you remembered when it was too late.
    I have a good memory for now, and I hope to mantain it for as long as possible.

4. Keith H.

Keith H. Moderator Staff Member
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    If you are referring to skills learnt, then generally I need to see, hear & participate/practice in order to learn & remember a skill. Once I have it, I don't forget it.
    Keith.

5. PedroP

PedroP Active Member
      38/58

Blog Posts:
    I have to say I have a very bad memory for details like dates and numbers. I recall mostly principles and the general theme of things. Let's say we were in a conversation about a man with a white shirt. I would definitely remember that he was a man and what he had done to trigger the conversation but I would definitely not remember the color of his shirt even if my life depended on it. My girlfriend is the exact opposite. Perhaps the female and male memory work on a different level?

6. Jitendra Bharti

Jitendra Bharti Member
      11/29

Blog Posts:
    My memory is good. I can remember all the past happenings especially the good one. We should forget the bad memories of our past to live peaceful life. Sometimes past stinks a lot that have great impact on our life.

7. PedroP

PedroP Active Member
      38/58

Blog Posts:
    Indeed buddy but I don't think we should forget the bad memories. They bring invaluable lessons to our life. We should accept the bad, learn from it and let it go. There is that old saying " Those who forget their past are bound to repeat it" I believe firmly in that. Accept and avoid making the same mistakes in the future. It's the way to go.

8. airfightermax

airfightermax Member
      18/29

Blog Posts:
    I have a terrible memory. This whole month I kept thinking it's still June.

I store anniversaries and birthdays on my phone along with names of spouses and significant others to create the illusion of remembering. It works for me

9. airfightermax

airfightermax Member
      18/29

Blog Posts:
    Never really thought much about it as I thought its just part of growing up lol. I asked my doctor about it and she told there is nothing to worry about... so there's that.

10. Neiltarquin

Neiltarquin Member
      23/29

Blog Posts:
    No. I hate my memory, it would always fail on me when I'm trying to explain something. Always gasping for words.

11. airfightermax

airfightermax Member
      18/29

Blog Posts:
    This is how it happens to me too. It fails when I need it the most and it is just so annoying. Thankfully we have the technology now to store letters I needed to be reminded of instead of just writing it down.

12. joegirl

joegirl Member
      18/29

Blog Posts:
    I find my memory to be very good. I can remember incidents from very long ago or dreams I have. I can detail them in accuracy. I have a very vivid imagination, a major reason why I never watch horror movies. The images from the movies stays in my mind forever.

13. m33kuh

m33kuh Active Member
      41/58

Blog Posts:
    Man my memory sucks. I have short-term memory loss. I tend to easily forget small things even if I just did or have them a while ago. But it's not always though. Maybe like a couple of times per month. But I can easily remember if I trace back my steps but not that instant kind of recall thing.