Do You Have Any Allergies?

Discussion in 'General Q&A' started by WildSpirit, Jul 18, 2017.

0/5, 0 votes

1. WildSpirit

WildSpirit Active Member
      48/58

Blog Posts:
    c875abd61a81d8a2b4cb786623c69428.jpeg
    Being allergic to something, even if it is not a very complex type of allergy seems to be something very common... But that doesn't always end up evolving to the point of becoming a real problem.

However, some people suffer a lot because of some particular allergy. I tcan be an allergy to some type of food, drink or even some specific type of climate.

Are you part of the team that has some kind of allergy?

2. OursIsTheFury

OursIsTheFury Expert Member
      153/173

Blog Posts:
    Thankfully no but I've seen (as a nurse) lots of terrible allergic reactions to the most mundane things. From watery eyes to boils; to a dry throat and even full airway blockage. It's a really scary thing, and that's the reason why an epi-pen (Epinephrine) should be in all emergency kits or first aid packages, since it is the only quick and instant solution to a full-blown allergic attack.

3. Scarlet

Scarlet Member
      23/29

Blog Posts:
    I'm prone to skin allergy. I usually have it every year especially during dry season or allergy season when my skin is dry due to less moisture in the air. Another factor is during pollen season as explained by doctors.

4. Rhodolite

Rhodolite New Member
      8/29

Blog Posts:
    I just have seasonal. It just lasts 2 weeks and I'm good. If I had food allergies I'd be very miserable since I love to eat. The only one that's problematic is mold since I can't have any PCN or its derivative antibiotics because of that fact.

5. WildSpirit

WildSpirit Active Member
      48/58

Blog Posts:
    Recently I had the displeasure of seeing a friend of mine who has allergy to shrimp having a severe allergic crisis because he ended up eating shrimp without knowing. :( It't something very complicated. :oops:

1. OursIsTheFury
      I had a classmate whose face blew up (not literally) with hives and swelling when he ate one single peanut. You can really see the damage that one little thing can do, and it's not like this is a rare thing; lots of people are allergic to common food, and some people even die from the sudden shock when the airway collapses as soon as the body detects even a tiny portion of these allergens.

OursIsTheFury, Jul 19, 2017
  6. RosieCheeks

RosieCheeks New Member
      6/29

Blog Posts:
    Fortunately I am not allergic to food, but I have some bad skin reactions to certain kinds of detergents and soaps. My skin especially hands become dry and itchy., that`s why I try to avoid chemical compounds and use organic and harmless substiutes instead.

7. WildSpirit

WildSpirit Active Member
      48/58

Blog Posts:
    Just for curiosity: Do you do any kind of specific treatment or is your allergy considered something "lighter"?

8. BethSztruhar

BethSztruhar Member
      23/29

Blog Posts:
    Yes, I'm allergic to pollen so it's pretty hard for me when I go out in the nature. But I love it so I have to deal with my symptoms. It's not that hard because it's similar to a flu, nothing dangerous. I don't even have to take medication for it.

9. Corzhens

Corzhens Master Survivalist
      277/345

Blog Posts:
    From what I remember, I had an allergy attack 3 times already and that occurred in a span of 3 years. The last attack was maybe more than 5 years. The symptom is the swelling of my lips particularly the upper lip. I have a prescription drug for that so it's always in my purse in case I have an attack. The problem is, until now, the cause of allergy is not determined. On the first occasion, I had tuna sandwich so it was tuna as the suspect. On the second occasion, it was plain ordinary food that I had, no seafood, no chicken, just pork and vegetables. I don't remember the 3rd occasion anymore. But I am still wary because the allergy is very itchy and can ruin my day.

10. Clara1993

Clara1993 Active Member
      38/58

Blog Posts:
    I'm allergic to eggs :-( whenever I eat eggs Since when I was a kid my skin Reacts and sometimes When I eat them you know temptations I can't even sleep for like three days, I get hives which is also reffered as Urticaria on my skin and believe me When I'm living that I always promise myself to never eat them again but then there is always a last time lol :)

11. WildSpirit

WildSpirit Active Member
      48/58

Blog Posts:
    But if your exposure to this type of allergy is for a longer time (I mean, more then your usual time), wouldn't you have a more severe allergic reaction?