Do You Pray?

Discussion in 'The Hangout' started by remnant, Jun 30, 2017.

0/5, 0 votes

1. remnant

remnant Expert Member
      190/230

Blog Posts:
    I have a prayer dragnet spread through the day and make it a default decision to wake up at midnight to pray. I am a Christian and I have seen a huge counterattack by the powers of darkness but I am now prevailing. Thats my experience, what about you?

SimplyD likes this.
  2. Keith H.

Keith H. Moderator Staff Member
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    I think we should avoid any posts connected with religion!
    Keith.

3. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Legendary Survivalist
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    Humans are supernatural beings. Had you asked me that when I was studying at university, I'd have laughed / said, "NO!"

Now, I know better. Have had dreams about the future, told others, then when such came to pass, had the religious folk think that I was "of Satan". I'd like to blame Satan for my trespasses, but know better.

Prayers matter. University study: best prayer to help plants grow is to pray that God's Will be done. The "God's Will" thingy beats, "Make these plants big and healthy" hand's down.

4. iamawriter

iamawriter Well-Known Member
      88/115

Blog Posts:
    I am forever in the attitude of gratitude because I have learnt that it is not how much one has but what one makes of what one has. And with this state of mind I need not pray but just be thankful.

5. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    I do not pray to invisible beings.............next question.

Keith H. likes this.
  6. joegirl

joegirl Member
      18/29

Blog Posts:
    Yes, I do pray. Prayer works especially when you feel you are not coping . If you have the faith, your prayers can bring you peace and through that peace, you can see a way to move forward or to deal with the situation.

7. Denis_P

Denis_P Member
      23/29

Blog Posts:
    No, I don't pray. At least not in the sense of asking a deity for assistance or blessings, as I'm agnostic when it comes to my belief in a God or otherwise. However, the closest thing I do to praying is chanting during my meditation sessions. Whether the words I chant work on whatever level or not doesn't matter to me. What matters is that the constant repetition of a mantra improves my focus and concentration while meditating, allowing me to enter deep states of meditation that feel incredibly rejuvenating, both mentally and physically.

8. koolhandlinc

koolhandlinc Expert Member
      245/345

Blog Posts:
    Yes, I rarely pray for myself. I pray the serenity prayer. I regularly pray that I will be a good parent.

9. Keith H.

Keith H. Moderator Staff Member
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    NO! Like Lonewolf, I do not believe in any invisible gods or invisible friends. To date I have not seen any proof that a god exists or that prayer works, other than if it simply helps the person because they are performing a prayer & that simple act is of some comfort to them.
    Praying to a non existent god that by all accounts has deserted mankind because of certain unbelievers is like begging to a corrupt government for help. One is wasting one's time.
    Keith.

lonewolf likes this.